Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner
- Japan: Digital Devil Saga アバタール・チューナー (Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner)
- US/EU: Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
System and Dates
- PS2 - Japan - July 15th 2004 by Atlus Co.
- PS2 - US - April 4th 2004 by Atlus Co.
- PS2 - Japan - March 30th 2006 by Atlus Co. (Atlus best collection)
- PS2 - Europe - July 21st 2006 by Ghostlight
Digital Devil Saga is a new spin-off RPG series in the Shin Megami Tensei world. The game comes in two parts with Digital Devil Saga 2 and is best played as a whole. You play as the leader of a tribe called Embryon in a barren and mysterious world called the Junkyard and must use your newly obtained demonic powers to conquer all other tribes. But with your new powers comes an unexpected side-effect...
- Fully voiced story with well designed cel-shaded graphics.
- Transform into a demon and devour your enemies to gain new abilities.
- Discover and use new combo attacks to combine your attacks for greater effect.
- Customise your party members with up to eight abilities from all those you have learned, no longer are abilities lost when replaced.
- Exploit your enemy's weakness to gain extra turns.
- Choises made and enemies defeated in this game will effect certain events in Digital Devil Saga 2.
- The eight cycles of Solar Noise will effect verious things within the Junkyard.
- Discover the truth of the Junkyard by playing Digital Devil Saga 2.
- A New Cycle system allows the player to restart the game after completing it with all learned combos and skills, the Human Form skill and a new ultimate optional boss battle.
Cast of Characters
- Serph: The main protagonist of the game, Serph is the quiet but effective leader of Embryon. It is thanks largely to Serph's brilliant leadership skills that Embryon has become recognised as one of the six strongest tribes.
- Varna: Serph's Atma avatar is the creator of the Three Worlds and god of the sea, Varna. Serph's incarnation of Varna is aligned with water.
- Heat: Although he was once a loyal and unquestioning member of Embryon, Heat becomes increasingly more disagreeable and short tempered once he recieves his Atma avatar. He is deeply frustrated by his inability to control his emotions and finds himself strangly drawn to Sara.
- Agni: Heats's Atma avatar is known as the holy fire of the Three Worlds, Varna. Heat's incarnation of Agni is aligned with fire.
- Argilla: Argilla is the Embryon's best sniper, and once her Atma avatar is awakened she is the most reluctant of the group to devour her enemies. However despite being plagued by guilt and sadness, she eventually decides to fight and eat in order to see a world free from war.
- Prithivi: Argilla's Atma avatar is known as the mother of the earth and gods, Prithivi. Argilla's incarnation of Prithivi is aligned with earth.
- Gale: The Embryon's chief tactical advisor, Gale is not so noticeably effected by the awakening of his Atma avatar as the others. He maintains a logical mind and obediently follows the laws of the Junkyard as they are presented to him.
- Vayu: Gale's Atma avatar is known as the god of the wind, Vayu. Gale's incarnation of Vayu is aligned with force.
- Cielo: Once a calm and logical soldier of Embryon, Cielo goes through a drastic change in personality once his Atma avatar is awakened. He tries to keep a cool head and calm down the other characters with his upbeat ways when they start to lose control.
- Dyaus: Cielo's Atma avatar is known as the father of the gods, Dyaus. Cielo's incarnation of Dyaus is aligned with electricity.
- Sera: The mysterious black-haired girl who appeared in a flash of light and was recovered by the Embryon. Other than her name, Sera remembers nothing of who she is or where she came from, but she soon becomes the most important being in the Junkyard. There appears to be a strong connection between her, the Karma Temple and Nirvana.
- Harley: Harley is the leader of the second smallest tribe in the Junkyard, the Vanguards. He and his tribe were locked in battle with the Embryon when a mysterious object crashed on the battlefield. Since then, the whole Vanguard base appears to be in chaos.
- Jinana: Jinana is the leader of the Maribel, and despite being under constant attack by the Solids, has managed to hold her ground. Since the awakening of the Atma avatar, Jinana has been plagued by sadness and uncertainty over the laws of the Junkyard.
- Bat: Jinana's right hand man and a powerful warrior in the Maribel. Since the awakening of his Atma avatar, Bat has displayed somewhat homicidal tendencies, and takes great pleasure in crushing his enemy.
- Mick The Slug: Mick is the leader of the Solids situated in Ajna and is currently at war with the Maribel. After the awakening of his Atma avatar Mick has proven to be sly and underhanded, doing anything to crush his opponents
- Lupa: The leader of the proud and fierce Wolves, Lupa's leadership has led his tribe in becoming the second strongest in the Junkyard. Since the awakening of his Atma avatar, Lupa has become a nobel and righteous man, deeply doubting the methods behind the Karma Temple
- Varin Omega: Varin Omega's brilliant and seemingly flawless military abilities have led the Brutes in becoming the strongest tribe in the Junkyard, and the most likely to reach Nirvana. However, since the awakening of his Atma avatar he has shown great detest for Sera, Serph and his comrades.
- Angel: The mysterious being that appeared at the Karma Temple right after the unexplained light gave all the soldiers in the Junkyard their Atma abilities. The being known only as "Angel" explained to all the tribes what their new goal was and that they needed Sera to complete it.
- Digital Devil Saga Demonic Compendium
- Digital Devil Saga Tribes
- Digital Devil Saga Locations
- Digital Devil Saga Key Terms
- Digital Devil Saga Mantras
- Digital Devil Saga Skill List
- Digital Devil Saga Combo List
- Digital Devil Saga Item List