Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/25/24 at 01:00:47
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Classic Megami Tensei I & II Story (Read 8080 times)
Louis Cypher

Re: Classic Megami Tensei I & II Story
Reply #15 - 10/06/08 at 11:39:21

Good for you, you're a self-admitted bigot against a whole umbrella set of religions encompassing a huge amount of beliefs. Great job. I'm sure you feel very enlightened about it.  

Now grow up from whatever self-righteous indignation you have and stop being attached to the past. There's nothing refreshing about actual bigotry in any form. Disgusting, to hold enough malice for a person or set of people to enjoy killing a representation of them specifically in a video game. SMT thrives on ignorant, hateful people with the mind of a rebellious teenager.

And for the record, I'm not Catholic nor do I belong to any religion of any kind. I simply find your attitude disgraceful.

View Profile   IP Logged
Nickless One
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #16 - 10/06/08 at 12:21:00

You find " disgusting to hold malice for a person or set of person,ecc,ecc " but you miss the point. I don't hold malice against random believers, i hold a strong loathing of a small set of certified bastards, some of whom have directly impacted on my life or the lives of the people near me ( or the people to which i feel connected, anyway ), and i disapprove of some of the peculiar philosophical choices implicit in the acceptance of any monotheism .

I don't even see how this particular act of Blasphemy could be considered bigotry in the first place !

Bigotry : Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion

I don't suspect or hate any kind of group of people. I disapprove of or hate single followers, and i strongly dislike many precepts/ideas/dogmas of theirs i've come to know after researching  them. It'because i've read them that i dislike the Old Testament  where it depicts god-justified ethnic cleansing and rape or killing for trivial matters (see Elijah and the 42 children that were taunting him ) or the Epistles of Paul (with its depiction of a immutable gerarchy of Priest>Man>Woman) or the Koran (where it advocates Holy War).  

That said i'll repeat that i find refreshing in a videogame to be able to beat the very first Icon of Totalitarism ever to appear in this world. Monotheism has historically been the result of the destruction of cultural diversity since the conception of the first " One God " : YHVH itself was really only the " last god left standing " after the unification of the Israeli tribes, and the Dogma of a All-knowing, all-encompassing, all-powerful God (and, in time, of the infallibility of its Church ) was born with it. A Dogma whose strenght is easily felt in today's Italy, impacting on the everyday life of many. So don't be so smug only because you live in a place where " certain people representing a religion or certain precepts of said religion " don't impact on you directly.  

Beside, it's not as if you were more respectful of the icons of monotheism than me. What about those S&M angels ?

« Last Edit: 10/06/08 at 15:25:06 by Nickless One »  
Email View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #17 - 10/06/08 at 20:15:50

Don't mind Tallgeese there, he gets immensely retarded when anyone disses christianity  undecided

I think you effectively shut him up though, good show. Let's beat on a Pope together, all of us join hands

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #18 - 10/06/08 at 20:16:14

It's time to disco!

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #19 - 11/04/08 at 03:54:45

I gotta admit it must be cool to murder christians in this game---

Wait you don't do that do you

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #20 - 05/21/09 at 03:38:51

I love these arguments Tallgoose gets into. So much fun.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print