Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
03/29/24 at 06:15:21
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 Magazine Scans & Trailer! (Read 7671 times)
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Persona 4 Magazine Scans & Trailer!
03/18/08 at 11:04:57

[Edit]
Persona 4 trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJt2ZnL9eTQ

http://akayuki.com/2008/03/18/weekly-famitsu-info-and-scans-3/

"The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it’s a mystery thriller with twists and turns"
"- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours"

So year P4 looks a lot like P3.  While I don't mind to myself, I can feel the hate brewing for this game already.  Hopefully the next game they announce will be a bit more original.

« Last Edit: 03/19/08 at 11:20:06 by Brand »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Kroni
Less Newbies

Durgs lol

Re: Persona 4 Magazine Scans
Reply #1 - 03/18/08 at 14:19:42

R.I.P Persona.

Oneechanbara R needs to come to America!!!
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #2 - 03/18/08 at 15:34:06

Quote:
There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

I'm sorry but this sounds awesome, just needs more eyeless guys wearing sunglasses

Louis Cypher

Reply #3 - 03/18/08 at 16:10:40

That Persona looks kinda lame though... the muyrder mystery bit seems intruiging at least.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sepherest
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #4 - 03/18/08 at 16:47:59

I like the idea of having more mystery and suspense. But I really do wonder if it will have a U.S. release, seeing how it's coming out on the Ps2 at such a late time. Seeing how Atlus is releasing FES, though, I guess I can hope. The Ps2 isn't really dead yet.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona 4 Magazine Scans & Trailer!
Reply #5 - 03/19/08 at 12:02:47

My thoughts on the trailer.

Now, I could be totally off base, but the trailer was giving me some mad Higurashi vibes, they just needed some evil laughter.

The little girl and her Dad gave me mad Hell Girl vibes.

Is the Velvet Room now on an airplane? That's pretty damn cool.

Both male characters looked much cuter with those glasses on. What do those glasses do?

Did they bring back the Tarot cards, for reals? Damn! Persona fusions. I did a little happy dance inside. Hopefully everyone in this game can have any persona they you choose. That kind of drove me crazy in P3.

The animation looks very nice, much better then the bloby looking people in P3.

It also looks like the weather has something to do with the game.

So all in all it's like they took a dash of Persona, a lot of P3, some Higurashi, and a pinch of Hell Girl and they got this game out of it.

Spider Bike

Reply #6 - 03/19/08 at 18:15:07

Don't want. Looks like, when it comes down to it, Persona 2 was a anomaly in the series, and Persona one if you look at it from a certain angle.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jason X
Less Newbies

Proactive Serial
Killer

Reply #7 - 03/23/08 at 12:19:35

What's with all the negativity?  Did everyone really dislike P3 that much?  The only major gripe I had with it was the monotony of Tartarus.  The Social Link system was genius, though.  The Sims + Persona = hell yes.  

I'm looking forward to both this and FES.  We'll see what happens.

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!
View Profile   IP Logged
RentCavalier
Global Moderator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #8 - 03/23/08 at 15:35:12

It looks a LOT like Persona 3...which isn't exactly a bad thing, but I would've preferred to see a change to the formula.

However, judging from those battle screens, it does seem like there's more interaction between characters in battle. Perhaps dual-char combos/skills? One can only hope.

As for the story...well, I can't understand Japanese, but the idea of a Murder Mystery sounds sweet, and I dig how they play up television a lot--sounds like good times.

A few gripes:

No Kazuma Kaneko? Again? I feel as though he's got no love for Persona. Oh well, if the next gen SMT/Devil Summoner rocks my socks off, I'm sure I won't mind.

Dungeons: It seemed like they might try to pull another "One Giant Dungeon" thing again, like Tartarus. Don't get me wrong, again, I loved Tartarus, but I would really, really prefer it if they designed it more like P2, and gave us different areas an whatnot to explore, instead of the same giant tower (or, in this case, weird world inside the TV...)

Social Links: My favorite part of P3, but they WERE P3's thing--P3 sort of hinged upon them and the whole "Progression of time" aspect. It played in well-even after horrible events, you still have to go to school and you still have to keep on living. Things just don't end neatly. I loved how they tied that into the plot, especially near the end, and the Social Links played a huge part--they were all interesting stories of varied characters, and it was new and interesting. Here, though, it seems like they're doing it all again--ultimately, I think it might take some of P3's originality away from it if this becomes a series trademark.

Still, I can't help but feel excited for it, even if it does look dated. It seems darker, more adult, and the graphics are better. I can't really judge it until more info comes out, I guess.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #9 - 03/23/08 at 18:12:56

Quote from Jason X on 03/23/08 at 12:19:35:
What's with all the negativity? Did everyone really dislike P3 that much?

Probably not everyone, but enough to hijack the game of 07 thread

View Profile   IP Logged
OneWingedSin
Less Newbies

I love Philemon!

Reply #10 - 03/27/08 at 13:22:19

Well, let's just say, if this has the same 'dating sim' crap as P3, I'll still get the game, but I will look up which personas I want and go that way and ignore the rest (again) since I like a dark RPG, not a japanese dating sim.

SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #11 - 03/27/08 at 22:57:38

Quote from Jason X on 03/23/08 at 12:19:35:
The Sims + Persona = hell yes.

...you answered your question with this single sentence. Shocked

EzraSolomon
Less Newbies

Mind Your True Bee

Reply #12 - 04/15/08 at 23:11:42

>> I'm just glad they moved away from having an Infinite Resources Corporation.

Also: IGOR for secret optional Boss, please? He'd be fusing fresh Personae to beat the crap out of you every turn. A'right.

agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 05/04/08 at 05:13:16

I'm actually really looking forward for Persona 4. Seems interesting enough and I'll need new games for my PS2.  Although I think that the sim elements are here to stay (probably in Persona 5 too) - they are what sold P3 to the main stream after all.

And I think they will localize - Persona just became a cash-cow for Atlus and they pass an opportunity to earn more money off it.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #14 - 05/04/08 at 13:34:30

Agreed, localization is more of a question of when and not if now. I'm still hoping for a late 2008 NA release.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print