Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/18/24 at 08:12:47
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 56786 times)
Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona 4
Reply #225 - 08/30/08 at 01:01:31

Apparently Steve Prince is on board too. He apparently played Takaya in P3.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #226 - 08/30/08 at 06:38:48

I'm not surprised if most of the voice actors are the same they used in Persona 3 or maybe in DDS. The dubs for those games were very well received, and other than a few characters *coughcough*Fuuka*coughcough*Ken*coughcough*Natsuki*coughcough*Chidori*coughcoug
h* the actors did a very good job.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #227 - 09/01/08 at 15:24:22

Quote from RMarques on 08/29/08 at 18:49:15:
*casts recarm on the thread*

Well one of the voice actors has been confirmed... Through an interview with said voice actor. Yuri Lowenthal (Ryoji, Main and Pharos in P3, and Serph in DDS) as Yousuke.

Interesting choice. Yousuke's voice always sounded deeper to me. I was pretty sure that they'd use Junpei's voice actor for him.

Raidou11
Less Newbies

Reply #228 - 10/13/08 at 13:31:21

The Persona 4 dub seems pretty good. Looks like Atlus did a great job again.

As for the Junes theme, it sounds rather strange, but its fine.. I guess. Chie sounds older than the original version, yet its still good. I guess replacing Kugi's voice with dub would definitely change the Rise character entirely, but this is the meaning of localization, so it shouldn't harm the game in any way. The only disappointing thing about the dub is that they actually change Kuma's name to Teddie, but since I probably won't use the character anyways, it doesn't matter. After all, I can only have a party of 4 in battle and the protagonist counts as one already. I intend on using a team consist of Naoto, Rise, and Yousuke. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #229 - 11/05/08 at 15:33:09

I think the Persona 4 dubs are okay with the Detective's voice over coming off the best.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #230 - 11/05/08 at 17:53:44

Quote from Raidou11 on 10/13/08 at 13:31:21:
I intend on using a team consist of Naoto, Rise, and Yousuke. Smiley

... So, you'll fight with only three people?

Rebellion
Less Newbies

Wandering Lost Soul

Reply #231 - 12/22/08 at 16:55:24

I would have to say,it is great hearing Yuri's voice through out the game...really loving the character Yosuke. He's good in battle and just a funny character to hang out with.Also like Kanji,he says some good and funny quotes and it seems Yosuke seems to enjoy making fun of him with the "is he your type?" jokes.Which is funny,since he reminds me of my friends.

Overall,it's been an exciting game to play,the social links seem more faster to level than in P3.And the characters have been really useful,even Teddie,which I really thought I would never use him at all,but I've been using him for boss battles lately.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #232 - 12/23/08 at 18:16:43

Uhm.  Although I've had fun playing it so far, I am going to have to try this game on Hard mode because so far it's way, way, way too easy.  My only problem will be if I can't carry over things into my New Game + because I hate having to endure the tedium of refusing decent personas.  

Has anyone else noticed that once you figure out flaws in the press turn-oriented battle systems, you can basically beat any boss using the same strategies since well... Nocturne.  For instance, Kanji's boss could've owned me if it stopped trying to undo Yosuke's Dekaja every turn--instead I just slowly beat him with my unhealed, unleveled party. I think the "buffs" are kind of like the easiest way to out think the patterns most bosses use.

Oh, and anyone else think it's weird that not one of the supporting cast members can use any of the -nda spells?  I kinda miss Akihiko.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #233 - 12/25/08 at 08:19:26

Quote from Sir_Asura on 12/23/08 at 18:16:43:
Uhm.  Although I've had fun playing it so far, I am going to have to try this game on Hard mode because so far it's way, way, way too easy.  My only problem will be if I can't carry over things into my New Game + because I hate having to endure the tedium of refusing decent personas.  

You can use your personas from the previous playthrough if you have enough money to buy them at the compendium. But if you try to fuse them, they'll still require you being at the right level.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #234 - 12/26/08 at 05:21:13

Cool.  I read somewhere that money and the amount of personas you can have carries over as well?  If so, that's kind of hilarious.  I could potentially be sooooo over powered in the beginning.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Rebellion
Less Newbies

Wandering Lost Soul

Reply #235 - 12/26/08 at 16:44:54

Heh,in a way I find that funny since,I've heard from others it's hard for them...well it is hard at the beginning but later on,I would have to agree,it has become really easy.As long as you are prepared with the right personas with the nulls and repels,along with support spells it is just easy at it can get.

Yeah,it's pretty much the same thing with P3,mostly everything crosses over except for Social Links.

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #236 - 03/09/09 at 13:30:17

I finally beat this game for the second time with my demon compendium at 100% complete.  Definitely easier the second time around as I blew through most boss battles.  Granted only the Ultimate Boss had me back on the defensive but even that one wasn't as challenging as the one in Persona 3.  

The only bad thing now is that I'll have to wait until mid May (when Devil Summoner 2 comes out) before I can enjoy some more Megaten goodness.  Either that or maybe I should replay Digital Devil Saga or Noctourne while I wait.   Cheesy

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #237 - 05/30/09 at 01:55:29

Quote from bullman422 on 03/09/09 at 13:30:17:
I finally beat this game for the second time with my demon compendium at 100% complete.  Definitely easier the second time around as I blew through most boss battles.  Granted only the Ultimate Boss had me back on the defensive but even that one wasn't as challenging as the one in Persona 3.  

The only bad thing now is that I'll have to wait until mid May (when Devil Summoner 2 comes out) before I can enjoy some more Megaten goodness.  Either that or maybe I should replay Digital Devil Saga or Noctourne while I wait.   Cheesy

Sounds like you need a life.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print