Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/18/24 at 16:32:07
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA] (Read 15399 times)
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA]
04/02/08 at 13:15:29

Grin Hello everyone, I´m new around here, I´m a user of Digital Devil Database and I just decided to work on a Fan project of Persona, named "Persona AFTER" which is a manga that occurred a couple of years after Batsu, feel free to enter my blog and download it.

The site is in Spanish but the manga is in English (with a little mistakes a long the way  embarrassed). And please feel free to comment about it and don´t expect the manga to be "A Professional Work"

10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Email View Profile WWW Emilio Morales   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA]
Reply #1 - 04/02/08 at 19:13:23

For an amateur, that's pretty darn good. I will definately continue reading it (as soon as I have time) but most likely after I finish the Persona 2 games...

"No sabrás distinguir la realidad de la fantasía hasta que llegue el momento de morir."

Um. Is this: There is no way to distinguish reality from fantasy except for the moment of death? I'm sorry, but I took French for most of my educational life and I'm only in Spanish 1 this year (which is about as helpful as being able to communicate what I want in a Hispanic grocery store)

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #2 - 04/02/08 at 20:30:31

Quote from 0kami7777 on 04/02/08 at 19:13:23:
For an amateur, that's pretty darn good. I will definately continue reading it (as soon as I have time) but most likely after I finish the Persona 2 games...

"No sabrás distinguir la realidad de la fantasía hasta que llegue el momento de morir."

Um. Is this: There is no way to distinguish reality from fantasy except for the moment of death? I'm sorry, but I took French for most of my educational life and I'm only in Spanish 1 this year (which is about as helpful as being able to communicate what I want in a Hispanic grocery store)

WOW Muchisimas gracias!!  Grin Thank you very much! That kind of comments are the ones that encourage me to keep going. And keep in touch, I will try to publish a chapter per month, so Chapter 3, will be ready on April 30, I hope so...

The translation will be like: "You wont be able to distinguish reality from fantasy, until the day of your dead" (something like that  undecided )

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #3 - 04/03/08 at 23:47:57

I remember when you posted your work on the old boards Emilio.  I used to go by Aven then.  Is there any particular reason that you choose to represent your story as a graphic novel?  Do you still have professional aspirations of becoming an artist?  If so I think it's important that you embrace an academic understanding of visual ideas and culture, or even a freer more intuitive one.  It's also important that you continue to do the fun stuff on the side though.  The two will only enrich one another.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #4 - 04/04/08 at 00:07:15

Quote from Sir_Asura on 04/03/08 at 23:47:57:
I remember when you posted your work on the old boards Emilio. I used to go by Aven then. Is there any particular reason that you choose to represent your story as a graphic novel? Do you still have professional aspirations of becoming an artist? If so I think it's important that you embrace an academic understanding of visual ideas and culture, or even a freer more intuitive one. It's also important that you continue to do the fun stuff on the side though. The two will only enrich one another.

Of course, I still and will ever have the aspirations of becoming an artist! Is this the right way to begin with? Of course for now is just for fun but once I began college, things will began more serious.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #5 - 04/04/08 at 00:17:44

Do you know where you are going to college already, and also if you are planning on taking art as an elective in addition to another major or as your major?  It kind of makes a big difference.  I mean, I don't want to come off as a snob as often the most inspiring of artists are people who have worked intuitively from their surroundings etc (especially in the field I am studying, ceramics), but I think you would completely benefit from coming to understand the field of illustration.  You want to use imagery as a vessel for communication, and the clarity an academic art education will provide you is invaluable.  

I mean, I don't really remember where you are.  It took me all of my years in high school to develop a portfolio necessary to get into the schools I aspired of being a part of.  I'd advise that if you want to solely get an art education, you should start researching what programs you want to join and what standards you must meet to be considered by them.  Also, get to know other people who want to pursue the same programs and figure out how you are progressing in comparison to your prospective peers.  

Also, just try to read art history.  I really needed to do a lot more of that than I did in high school.  It will awaken you to a lot of possibilities you may not be considering right now.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #6 - 04/04/08 at 00:32:37

Well I already have a college in mind, (of course here in my country) but the thing is, I`m going to study Graphic Design and maybe when I have the necessary I will try to travel to Japan and study "Manga" or "Animation". But I will have to wait to next year for college, since I decided to work this year and collect the money for this "expensive" career.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #7 - 04/04/08 at 00:45:35

Graphic Design is a good field to go into.  It will certainly teach you a lot about layout and composition, which will only help your endeavors with pursuing manga.  Will your school also make you take studio classes, like figure drawing, etc?

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #8 - 04/04/08 at 07:58:50

Yes indeed, it has a little of it and the first year or two we spent learning about "Art History" (since you mention this a good thing to start  Wink ). But the college also make Free Courses like "Artistic Drawing" and there I can learn the basics.

Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #9 - 04/04/08 at 13:02:47

Quote from Emilio Morales on 04/04/08 at 00:32:37:
Well I already have a college in mind, (of course here in my country) but the thing is, I`m going to study Graphic Design and maybe when I have the necessary I will try to travel to Japan and study "Manga" or "Animation". But I will have to wait to next year for college, since I decided to work this year and collect the money for this "expensive" career.

Only massive weeaboo faggots go to Japan and study anime/manga. Find your own damn style and work with it.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #10 - 04/04/08 at 14:59:01

Quote from Isao Kronos on 04/04/08 at 13:02:47:
Quote from Emilio Morales on 04/04/08 at 00:32:37:

Only massive weeaboo faggots go to Japan and study anime/manga. Find your own damn style and work with it.

I´ll keep that in mind.

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 04/05/08 at 23:23:30

Nothing against those who study animation since my friend did that.  Though she graduated 4 years ago and still doesn't have a job, so just keep that in mind.  Plus the pay is shit and you have to do an ass ton of work (especially in Japan).  Only do an animation major if you love love love love love love it.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #12 - 04/06/08 at 00:45:05

Besides, if you get a non-art job, then you can still make fun little sideprojects on the side such as your manga and comics. You may not get paid for it, but people can still enjoy your work and you can enjoy making it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #13 - 04/06/08 at 01:35:34

Yeah, art is a really hard field to go into, but with a graphic design background you shouldn't worry--the pay may not be great but you can almost always find work.  People don't know what say when I say I am studying ceramics.  A lot of them honestly think I am wasting myself, but then again, they're completely ignorant of the field.  I don't really know what to say about manga.  Personally, I find it distasteful that so many outsiders to the culture are abandoning their own heritage to imitate a style that is only in the least of ways connected to them.  It's not a sincere way to work.  But then again, there's so many people in my field who are obsessed with Japanese pottery etc.  I .... can't relate, but I focus more on sculptural things and when I do choose to throw I think about a tradition that was founded here in the states.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #14 - 04/06/08 at 01:54:39

Well if Graphic Design is a good base, then that´s my first goal, and then go to Japan and study Anime/Manga (though I´ll keep in mind all about "making my own style"), even though I know the pay its  bad and it has A LOT of work, but that one of the things I would love to do, I guess if you love what you do is when you feel the best with yourself.  And that´s my goal  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print