Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/19/24 at 01:42:00
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA] (Read 15401 times)
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA]
04/02/08 at 13:15:29

Grin Hello everyone, I´m new around here, I´m a user of Digital Devil Database and I just decided to work on a Fan project of Persona, named "Persona AFTER" which is a manga that occurred a couple of years after Batsu, feel free to enter my blog and download it.

The site is in Spanish but the manga is in English (with a little mistakes a long the way  embarrassed). And please feel free to comment about it and don´t expect the manga to be "A Professional Work"

10,000 Punishments for a Sin

Email View Profile WWW Emilio Morales   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona AFTER [FAN-MADE MANGA]
Reply #1 - 04/02/08 at 19:13:23

For an amateur, that's pretty darn good. I will definately continue reading it (as soon as I have time) but most likely after I finish the Persona 2 games...

"No sabrás distinguir la realidad de la fantasía hasta que llegue el momento de morir."

Um. Is this: There is no way to distinguish reality from fantasy except for the moment of death? I'm sorry, but I took French for most of my educational life and I'm only in Spanish 1 this year (which is about as helpful as being able to communicate what I want in a Hispanic grocery store)

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #2 - 04/02/08 at 20:30:31

Quote from 0kami7777 on 04/02/08 at 19:13:23:
For an amateur, that's pretty darn good. I will definately continue reading it (as soon as I have time) but most likely after I finish the Persona 2 games...

"No sabrás distinguir la realidad de la fantasía hasta que llegue el momento de morir."

Um. Is this: There is no way to distinguish reality from fantasy except for the moment of death? I'm sorry, but I took French for most of my educational life and I'm only in Spanish 1 this year (which is about as helpful as being able to communicate what I want in a Hispanic grocery store)

WOW Muchisimas gracias!!  Grin Thank you very much! That kind of comments are the ones that encourage me to keep going. And keep in touch, I will try to publish a chapter per month, so Chapter 3, will be ready on April 30, I hope so...

The translation will be like: "You wont be able to distinguish reality from fantasy, until the day of your dead" (something like that  undecided )

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #3 - 04/03/08 at 23:47:57

I remember when you posted your work on the old boards Emilio.  I used to go by Aven then.  Is there any particular reason that you choose to represent your story as a graphic novel?  Do you still have professional aspirations of becoming an artist?  If so I think it's important that you embrace an academic understanding of visual ideas and culture, or even a freer more intuitive one.  It's also important that you continue to do the fun stuff on the side though.  The two will only enrich one another.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #4 - 04/04/08 at 00:07:15

Quote from Sir_Asura on 04/03/08 at 23:47:57:
I remember when you posted your work on the old boards Emilio. I used to go by Aven then. Is there any particular reason that you choose to represent your story as a graphic novel? Do you still have professional aspirations of becoming an artist? If so I think it's important that you embrace an academic understanding of visual ideas and culture, or even a freer more intuitive one. It's also important that you continue to do the fun stuff on the side though. The two will only enrich one another.

Of course, I still and will ever have the aspirations of becoming an artist! Is this the right way to begin with? Of course for now is just for fun but once I began college, things will began more serious.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #5 - 04/04/08 at 00:17:44

Do you know where you are going to college already, and also if you are planning on taking art as an elective in addition to another major or as your major?  It kind of makes a big difference.  I mean, I don't want to come off as a snob as often the most inspiring of artists are people who have worked intuitively from their surroundings etc (especially in the field I am studying, ceramics), but I think you would completely benefit from coming to understand the field of illustration.  You want to use imagery as a vessel for communication, and the clarity an academic art education will provide you is invaluable.  

I mean, I don't really remember where you are.  It took me all of my years in high school to develop a portfolio necessary to get into the schools I aspired of being a part of.  I'd advise that if you want to solely get an art education, you should start researching what programs you want to join and what standards you must meet to be considered by them.  Also, get to know other people who want to pursue the same programs and figure out how you are progressing in comparison to your prospective peers.  

Also, just try to read art history.  I really needed to do a lot more of that than I did in high school.  It will awaken you to a lot of possibilities you may not be considering right now.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #6 - 04/04/08 at 00:32:37

Well I already have a college in mind, (of course here in my country) but the thing is, I`m going to study Graphic Design and maybe when I have the necessary I will try to travel to Japan and study "Manga" or "Animation". But I will have to wait to next year for college, since I decided to work this year and collect the money for this "expensive" career.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #7 - 04/04/08 at 00:45:35

Graphic Design is a good field to go into.  It will certainly teach you a lot about layout and composition, which will only help your endeavors with pursuing manga.  Will your school also make you take studio classes, like figure drawing, etc?

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #8 - 04/04/08 at 07:58:50

Yes indeed, it has a little of it and the first year or two we spent learning about "Art History" (since you mention this a good thing to start  Wink ). But the college also make Free Courses like "Artistic Drawing" and there I can learn the basics.

Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #9 - 04/04/08 at 13:02:47

Quote from Emilio Morales on 04/04/08 at 00:32:37:
Well I already have a college in mind, (of course here in my country) but the thing is, I`m going to study Graphic Design and maybe when I have the necessary I will try to travel to Japan and study "Manga" or "Animation". But I will have to wait to next year for college, since I decided to work this year and collect the money for this "expensive" career.

Only massive weeaboo faggots go to Japan and study anime/manga. Find your own damn style and work with it.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #10 - 04/04/08 at 14:59:01

Quote from Isao Kronos on 04/04/08 at 13:02:47:
Quote from Emilio Morales on 04/04/08 at 00:32:37:

Only massive weeaboo faggots go to Japan and study anime/manga. Find your own damn style and work with it.

I´ll keep that in mind.

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 04/05/08 at 23:23:30

Nothing against those who study animation since my friend did that.  Though she graduated 4 years ago and still doesn't have a job, so just keep that in mind.  Plus the pay is shit and you have to do an ass ton of work (especially in Japan).  Only do an animation major if you love love love love love love it.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #12 - 04/06/08 at 00:45:05

Besides, if you get a non-art job, then you can still make fun little sideprojects on the side such as your manga and comics. You may not get paid for it, but people can still enjoy your work and you can enjoy making it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #13 - 04/06/08 at 01:35:34

Yeah, art is a really hard field to go into, but with a graphic design background you shouldn't worry--the pay may not be great but you can almost always find work.  People don't know what say when I say I am studying ceramics.  A lot of them honestly think I am wasting myself, but then again, they're completely ignorant of the field.  I don't really know what to say about manga.  Personally, I find it distasteful that so many outsiders to the culture are abandoning their own heritage to imitate a style that is only in the least of ways connected to them.  It's not a sincere way to work.  But then again, there's so many people in my field who are obsessed with Japanese pottery etc.  I .... can't relate, but I focus more on sculptural things and when I do choose to throw I think about a tradition that was founded here in the states.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #14 - 04/06/08 at 01:54:39

Well if Graphic Design is a good base, then that´s my first goal, and then go to Japan and study Anime/Manga (though I´ll keep in mind all about "making my own style"), even though I know the pay its  bad and it has A LOT of work, but that one of the things I would love to do, I guess if you love what you do is when you feel the best with yourself.  And that´s my goal  Wink

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #15 - 04/30/08 at 00:53:39

Sorry for double posting. Just passing by, to anounce that the Chapter 3 of "Persona AFTER" is up. You can download it at the "Official Site & Blog" Tongue Let me know what you think. I´m improving in all aspects, but little by little.

Thanks for visiting "10,000 Punishments for a Sin" =D

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #16 - 06/06/08 at 15:56:30

Quote from Emilio Morales on 04/30/08 at 00:53:39:
Sorry for double posting. Just passing by, to anounce that the Chapter 3 of "Persona AFTER" is up. You can download it at the "Official Site & Blog" Tongue Let me know what you think. I´m improving in all aspects, but little by little.

Thanks for visiting "10,000 Punishments for a Sin" =D

Sorry for the triple post XD, just to let you know, that I already finished Chapter 4 of my manga, for those that are interested, please go to the "Persona AFTER" section to download the newest chapter Wink  

Thanks for visiting 10,000 Punishments for a Sin  
(something new will come to the site)

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #17 - 06/06/08 at 21:36:01

Neat thing you got going here. Is the whole thing in Spanish though?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #18 - 06/06/08 at 22:49:59

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 06/06/08 at 21:36:01:
Neat thing you got going here. Is the whole thing in Spanish though?

Only the site is in spanish, the manga is in english Wink

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #19 - 06/07/08 at 19:09:07

Yay, I can put my rusty spanish speaking skills away!

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #20 - 06/23/08 at 15:10:58

Just started reading Chapter 1. Despite your warning not to treat it as professional, I'm surprised that it does look really well drawn so far. I esp. like how the train looks like if it has a human face...  

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #21 - 06/23/08 at 16:13:39

Quote from granitor on 06/23/08 at 15:10:58:
Just started reading Chapter 1. Despite your warning not to treat it as professional, I'm surprised that it does look really well drawn so far. I esp. like how the train looks like if it has a human face...

Thanks =D Let me know what you think of the upcoming chapters, ok?  Wink

citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Reply #22 - 06/25/08 at 06:44:45

is it just me or the characters all look alike?  undecided

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #23 - 06/25/08 at 10:28:10

Quote from citizen zero on 06/25/08 at 06:44:45:
is it just me or the characters all look alike? undecided

Yeah, in a certain way  Tongue I guess I haven't been able to draw a significant difference between characters, but I will, I'm just getting warm up  Grin

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #24 - 07/12/08 at 15:25:14

I already finish and upload the 5th Chapter of my manga, for anyone interested in reading it you're welcome to download it.  

Thanks for visiting 10,000 Punishments for a Sin  

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #25 - 07/12/08 at 20:21:13

Your welcome. It helps feed my persona obsession whilst I wait for P4. This and Persona Trinity Soul.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #26 - 07/12/08 at 21:08:41

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/12/08 at 20:21:13:
Your welcome. It helps feed my persona obsession whilst I wait for P4. This and Persona Trinity Soul.

I understand your situation, but in my case, is Persona 3 and FES, since I haven't finish them (FES is still in its original package XD) I guess I don't have to much time with all the work and my manga and all that kind of stuff.

Anyway, thanks for watching my manga, Eikichi Girl  Grin

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #27 - 07/12/08 at 21:55:02

Lucky you, that means you've still got a lot of playing to do before P4 hits. So, out of curiousity, what was your initial inspiration for the plot of Persona After?

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #28 - 07/13/08 at 00:11:28

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/12/08 at 21:55:02:
Lucky you, that means you've still got a lot of playing to do before P4 hits. So, out of curiousity, what was your initial inspiration for the plot of Persona After?

Since Persona 2 Batsu was my first Megaten game (and the best for my opinion) I wanted to make something memorial of it, something that prove my love to that game, and when I saw P3, all about the evoker, not a Philemon in the game and all those "tiny" details, I wanted to make a short story between Persona 2 and Persona 3, something that explains a couple of things (until now, chapter 5, nothing new has been revealed) and another couple of tiny little pieces of story that enters in the P2 timeline. You will see a couple of surprises a long the way. Of course, the manga itself is not ment to actual "affect" the Persona Storyline, but is more like "another point of view" from myself to the series.

In conclusion, Persona AFTER, fills a gap between the jump from P2 Batsu to P3  Wink

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #29 - 07/13/08 at 16:12:21

Wow, that's pretty neat. Ambitious, but neat nonetheless.

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #30 - 07/19/08 at 03:31:04

I like how they "materialize" weapons, as opposed to the Persona series games where you more or less use actual weapons (I remember the mop from P1, although they illustrated it as a sword), which makes a lot more sense esp. if you're going to be using sword-demon fusions like in mainstream SMT (and in FES, right? I haven't played it yet so I dunno if they put it in), since you'd expect both to have higher levels of consciousness than totally inanimate matter.

The AFTER series also makes a lot of things explicit about the series, like demon negotiations (nevermind they're missing in P3) as a viable alternative to fighting, and the sealed area (or "magic wall") where battles take place.  

Anyhow, I look forwards to reading more of it...

Also, if you want to differentiate the characters, you could try different eyes... since we tend to look to eyes for emotions, perhaps having some with smaller or more oval-shaped eyes... or something. But I don't draw at all, that's just my impression as a layman, so feel free to ignore this advice Smiley.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #31 - 07/20/08 at 21:05:25

Quote from granitor on 07/19/08 at 03:31:04:
I like how they "materialize" weapons.

Thanks, that was an idea that came in to my mind, while I was gathering ideas for the chapter I was working on.  

Also, if you want to differentiate the characters, you could try different eyes... since we tend to look to eyes for emotions, perhaps having some with smaller or more oval-shaped eyes... or something. But I don't draw at all, that's just my impression as a layman, so feel free to ignore this advice Smiley.

Thanks, that's a good advice Cheesy I'll try to change eye's style between characters.  

Anyhow, I look forwards to reading more of it...

Thank you very much Granitor! Cheesy I'll work hard for the upcoming chapters  Wink

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #32 - 07/28/08 at 20:41:11

You're welcome. I look forwards to reading them!  

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #33 - 07/29/08 at 11:26:10

Persona AFTER has a new Host  all thank to the Russian Megaten Community, for those who want, here's the link:

http://megaten.ru/Emilio_Manga.html

Thanks for reading Wink

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #34 - 07/30/08 at 19:09:37

The Russians, huh. My kind of people.

BoreS
Less Newbies

Russian Community!

Reply #35 - 08/01/08 at 17:50:52

Thanks for the good recall!
 Roll Eyes

View Profile WWW 223183803   IP Logged
citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Reply #36 - 08/01/08 at 18:49:57

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/30/08 at 19:09:37:
The Russians, huh. My kind of people.

At your service

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #37 - 09/09/08 at 22:37:06

Hello everybody Grin Just passing by to tell you that I already finished working on Chapter 6 of Persona AFTER, you can download it at:

"10,000 Punishments for a Sin"

Damn work and college inscriptions, they totally stole all my time :sick: I hope you like this new chapter and as always, let me know your opinions about it.  I accept all kind of critics  Wink

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #38 - 09/12/08 at 09:44:06

Thanks, I'll check it out...

time is scare for me, too... part of learning to balance it all....

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #39 - 11/07/08 at 08:58:58

Hi everybody! Long time no see Grin Just passing by to tell you that I already finished Chapter 7, you can download it from my blog:

As always, let me know what you think of this new chapter and thanks for your support! Smiley

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #40 - 01/17/09 at 01:20:34

Hey everybody! I already uploaded the chapter 8 of "Persona AFTER" if you're interested you can download it at:

"10,000 Punishments for a Sin"

Thanks for your support!!

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #41 - 01/20/09 at 21:48:31

Wow, I have a lot of catching-up to do!

I think ch. 5 was the last one I read... well, I'll post my comments after I catch up in a few days.

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #42 - 01/20/09 at 22:26:23

Yes please!! Grin Thanks granitor!!

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #43 - 01/26/09 at 00:23:19

I read Chapter 8, it was a good conclusion to the first fight... esp. for a fanmade series... I like the concepts used in the battles, and how it borrows from more of the SMT franchise (like with the materialisation of weapons and bosses summoning minions).

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #44 - 01/26/09 at 10:35:26

Quote from granitor on 01/26/09 at 00:23:19:
I read Chapter 8, it was a good conclusion to the first fight... esp. for a fanmade series... I like the concepts used in the battles, and how it borrows from more of the SMT franchise (like with the materialisation of weapons and bosses summoning minions).

Cheesy Thank you very much, granitor!! You have encourage me to keep going!! It will be a little harder now with the college, but I'll do my best for the next chapter.

Thanks for being a reader of my manga!! Wink

Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #45 - 03/26/09 at 10:31:42

Yay, first anniversary! Cheesy

Spider Bike

Reply #46 - 03/29/09 at 00:38:00

You need more sex scenes. Gay sex preferably. I'm serious. There's no better way to capture the persona setting better than gay sex.  

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #47 - 05/21/09 at 02:27:06

Quote from Alizarin on 03/29/09 at 00:38:00:
You need more sex scenes. Gay sex preferably. I'm serious. There's no better way to capture the persona setting better than gay sex.

Can anyone confirm and see if he added gay sex? I need to know for a science project.

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #48 - 05/21/09 at 10:03:38

^Sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't gay sex in any chapter. Tongue

Spider Bike

Reply #49 - 05/21/09 at 22:11:46

Quote from Emilio Morales on 05/21/09 at 10:03:38:
^Sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't gay sex in any chapter. Tongue

Brand will be unhappy.

Me too, because nothing captures the spirit of the Persona series better than faggotry.

View Profile   IP Logged
Emilio Morales

Lone Wolf

Reply #50 - 05/21/09 at 23:55:41

Then I would not be able to capture the spirit as you say... to bad! Tongue

Spider Bike

Reply #51 - 05/22/09 at 01:01:02

It can't be helped.

View Profile   IP Logged