Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
03/29/24 at 03:21:47
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi people... (Read 1159 times)
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Hi people...
04/17/08 at 02:32:48

I thought this name would be more apropriate for this site.... Smiley  Now, to MutheSquirrel's question.... I like the original SMT games.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Re: Hi people...
Reply #1 - 04/19/08 at 02:19:11

Your av looks vaguely Ayami Kojima-esque but with worse hair than she usually draws

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #2 - 04/21/08 at 03:06:41

You're right... That av. is Ralph Belmond...

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #3 - 06/22/08 at 21:34:58

Quote from Aleph on 04/17/08 at 02:32:48:
I thought this name would be more apropriate for this site.... Smiley Now, to MutheSquirrel's question.... I like the original SMT games.

Have you played SMT: IF... ?  

And, what do you think about the first Persona (P1)?  

Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #4 - 06/23/08 at 01:16:21

Quote from granitor on 06/22/08 at 21:34:58:
Quote from Aleph on 04/17/08 at 02:32:48:
I thought this name would be more apropriate for this site.... Smiley  Now, to MutheSquirrel's question.... I like the original SMT games.

Have you played SMT: IF... ?

And, what do you think about the first Persona (P1)?

I haven't played IF, it hasn't been translated yet. I played "Persona 2 - Eternal Punishment", but it was years ago.

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #5 - 07/28/08 at 00:23:17

Okay, cool.  

I've played:

P1 (on PlayStation), but haven't beat it yet (I'm trying again now),
P3 (haven't gotten past the 3rd month in this yet, so you can say I just started),
SMT 1 and SMT 2 (SNES fantrans, stopped both when I switched systems and lost my savefiles)
P2:EP (stopped it when I lent out the game, but I didn't really like it much because of the Tarot Card system of making Personas)

and I will evenually get P4, the fantrans of Tsumi, and P3:FES... but probally not for a while. I hardly play nowadays, but I really should, it would cheer me up more. I mean, what are difficult dungeons of demons for, if not for cheering one up?

Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #6 - 08/13/08 at 04:01:36

SMT 1 wasn't fun at all. I like difficult games, but SMT 1 is almost impossible to play. The difficulty of that game is insane. And it's not the boss battles. Those normal encounters are the worst thing, and the enemies pop up every second. I still (with disgust) remember that part when you go through the labyrinth in Hiroko's head. I actually wanted to quit the game and never play it again. After I finished the game I was totally exhausted. SMT 2 however is still challenging but without that insane difficulty. In my opinion, the second part is better than part one in every segment.

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #7 - 08/27/08 at 21:25:53

I'm not sure if I could play either SMT I or SMT II nowadays. Although I picked up SMT 2 earlier in the year, I just get this feeling that the setting and story are what I like moreso than the actual games.

For P3, I actually enjoy the game, but not so much the "battle system" but moreso the "Social Sim" parts, which everyone else seems to hate, but I never really liked dungeon grinding and that's why I don't play P1 much nowadays... I have to go thru Castle Manna, and its tedious, esp. as I can't save anywhere like I can in P2:EP nor even exit quickly like I can in P3... but when I feel like seeing some quirky negotiations, P1 is the best source... I like that about SMT too but overall, P1 is better presented and since I actually own the physical game disc for P1 as a matter of pride or something I wanna beat it.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print