Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/19/24 at 19:16:54
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!] (Read 37112 times)
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!]
04/21/08 at 11:52:01

Since I locked the last topic, here is a new one.  Don't argue again, I'll lock this one also.

But now Gemini has videos of the game intro translated.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQl19ht4NUA

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-2VhNi8Y0

This is some serious progress in the project so I thought I would share with everyone.  Personally I can't wait to play.

Translation blog - http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!]
Reply #1 - 04/22/08 at 20:54:57

This looks really great.  I think that it will make the game really accessible to all of us who have pined for it for years.  It's funny though because having played out the scenarios I know happen in this game in my head, they seem so ineloquent when actually viewed on the screen.  

Can anyone explain to me why Eikichi calls himself Michelle?  I don't really understand.  For instance, if this game were translated by Atlus, what chance do you think they would keep Michelle as his nickname?

Also, I am completely ignorant when it comes to accessing things like this (so haha, that kind of negates my previous comment).  Will this guy be asking for money for us to obtain copies?  Is this going to be something we order or download or what?  Also is it something we're expected to play through emulators on our computers?  Or if a physical copy is produced, will we have to have like a modded ps1?   I'm sure this information is like second nature to most of you, but I have never played a fan translation before, so I am clueless.  I mean, it seems like from his blog its a ways off before we'll be able to play it (despite all his great progress) but when the time comes what do we do?  I am completely clueless.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Kanzato
Less Newbies

I <3 Jack Frost!

Reply #2 - 04/24/08 at 01:06:20

Very interesting. I used to really hate having my kanji book next to me  and it never really worked XD

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #3 - 04/24/08 at 05:22:10

This might be the right place to ask: does anybody know if these spells are actually used in Innocent Sin? They are called Dark Grand Gross (暗黒グランドクロス), Hellish Flower Blossom (咲闇地獄花), Wheel of Fortune (運命の車輪), and Wheel of Time (刻の車輪). They appear in the battle Fusion Spell list using an Action Replay code to enable all fusions, but I'm not sure if the player can actually trigger them in any way (all of them need a spell called Commercial Use - CM用) or if they are used by any boss/enemy. I know that both "Wheel" spells are also included in EP, but are they used in any way in IS?

Edited:
I discovered none of them works at all. I tried using them with Eikichi and all I got was no spell animation and instant victory. Or at least that's the effect they have when used as simple spells, but maybe they do something else when used as proper fusion spells. The game usually freezes when you cast a fusion spell with only one person. :/

Quote from Sir_Asura on 04/22/08 at 20:54:57:
Can anyone explain to me why Eikichi calls himself Michelle?

I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe his nick derives from his surname: Mishina. Mishina and Michelle sound somewhat alike, at least for the first part.

Quote:
Will this guy be asking for money for us to obtain copies? Is this going to be something we order or download or what?

While I do have a donation link, I will not ask any money for the release, so don't expect any "I will release the patch when the donation counter reaches $10,000!" bullshit from me. Cheesy It will be distributed as a free patch to download from my site or directly from the blog. For the other questions, check the FAQ page on the blog. Wink

« Last Edit: 04/24/08 at 21:34:32 by Gemini »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #4 - 04/24/08 at 13:15:34

Emulation is a little different once we get to systems that use a cd medium.  Basically you will need the patch, the iso or bin/cue files, and something to apply the patch.  Then once that is done you can burn the game to a cd (with and iso burning software).  Once you have the cd you can play it on your computer with an emulator (which most computers made in the last few years should be able to handle a PSX game).  Or you can play it on a modded PSX/PS2.

Louis Cypher

Reply #5 - 04/24/08 at 14:56:33

You don't even need the CD if you'll only play it on an emulator.

..In fact it's pretty silly to.

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #6 - 05/02/08 at 21:42:08

So...I just download it once it comes out, if I already a PSX emulator? Sheesh, these things really outta be simpler.

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 05/03/08 at 07:37:11

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 05/02/08 at 21:42:08:
So...I just download it once it comes out, if I already a PSX emulator? Sheesh, these things really outta be simpler.

Well, you can also just track down an original copy of the game, rip the iso yourself, apply the patch, and then burn it into a cd so you can play in a modded console, or on an emulator... Although, that could expensive...

Louis Cypher

Reply #8 - 05/03/08 at 17:48:07

About the CM thing... why not just temporarily stick the spell onto a Persona and use the fusion?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #9 - 05/04/08 at 06:56:38

It did work that way:

Shocked
  • Dark Grand Cross: pretty useless, since all it does are a couple status effects, from what I could see (Charmed and Sleep);
  • Hellish Flower Blossom: deals 400-500 damage to all enemies (no other effects known);
  • Wheel of Time: Seems like it does nothing. Maybe instant death?
  • Wheel of Fortune: Similar visual effects as Wheel of Time, but it deals 150-200 damage to all enemies.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #10 - 05/04/08 at 16:22:21

Can't you look through the enemy list and search for anybody who jas the spell in their available enemy ability list?

---

I suspect that in this, Wheel of Time and Wheel of Fortune are switched from what they do in Eternal Punishment.  

Hence why Time has no effect: enemies can't change Persona. That's EP Fortune's effect.

Also hence why Fortune does damage: that's EP Time's effect.

Can you make an enemy cast Wheel of Time on the party and see if they can P-Change? Of course, it could just crash since they never got it working until EP.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #11 - 05/05/08 at 03:05:45

I have no clue where enemy data could be stored, so there's no way I can do it for now. I know Personas can use enemy/boss spells, but it's probably impossible for enemies to use fusion spells, since they need a little cast scene before they actually appear (that's why my previous test resulted in them doing nothing).

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #12 - 06/23/08 at 12:54:21

It is so awesome that someone is actually translating this!

cozyduck
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 09/10/08 at 12:47:45

So, most people here probably already know, but gemini has updated his blog with Oct. 15th as the release date for the patch.

View Profile   IP Logged
peep
Less Newbies

MegatenWiki
assistance

Reply #14 - 09/27/08 at 10:38:21

If I remember correctly, Wheel of Time in EP actually seals the ability to change persona for a short while. So it's literally meaningless to be used by player characters since none of the opponents change their Persona during Battle. If you say for using on Elizabeth, you win.

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Mother Earth.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print