Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/16/24 at 06:25:25
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!] (Read 37090 times)
Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Re: Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!]
Reply #60 - 10/13/08 at 15:41:39

All I can say is that I am incredibly excited for this patch.  I've been lurking the update blog for a very long time now and the work shown is incredible.  Thanks for all the hard work, Gemini.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Reply #61 - 10/14/08 at 21:16:04

Aaaaaaaaand it's released.  

This may be one of the best days.  EVER.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/all-is-lost/#more-641

Louis Cypher

Reply #62 - 10/14/08 at 21:33:33

And the sucking up begins in...

What, I didn't even get to start the count damn.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #63 - 10/14/08 at 21:51:05

Quote from biggsyke on 10/05/08 at 15:37:42:
Thank you, Brand. This was really starting to get cumbersome. Yes, we all have issues. Yes, this might be an overreaction on Gemini's part. But Tallgeese and a few others are basically deriding him over his overreaction.

You know what's fun? When they were trying to "deride" me, I was actually laughing my ass because of their reaction at the fake delay and overreaction. Man, I never got such a great time over internet drama. Grin This shit is fun as hell.

View Profile   IP Logged
Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Reply #64 - 10/14/08 at 21:52:58

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/14/08 at 21:33:33:
And the sucking up begins in...

What, I didn't even get to start the count damn.

Not so much with the sucking up.  More to do with the fact that I've been wanting to play this in English for longer then I care to remember.

Besides, nothing gives me greater pleasure then interrupting countdowns.  It's my Evil Power, don't you know?

EDIT: Ok, I did some searching around the net, and I just can not find this info anywhere.  But I have Swap Magic discs for the PS2, both the CD one and the DVD one.  Is the CD one compatible with this?  Or do I need to find another route to play this?

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #65 - 10/14/08 at 22:39:26

Quote from Prince Aries on 10/14/08 at 21:52:58:
Is the CD one compatible with this?  Or do I need to find another route to play this?

If it can boot other Psx and Ps2 cd games, then it's definitively going to be compatible.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #66 - 10/15/08 at 01:07:11

Awesome and thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #67 - 10/15/08 at 01:21:43

Quote from Gemini on 10/14/08 at 21:51:05:
Quote from biggsyke on 10/05/08 at 15:37:42:
Thank you, Brand. This was really starting to get cumbersome. Yes, we all have issues. Yes, this might be an overreaction on Gemini's part. But Tallgeese and a few others are basically deriding him over his overreaction.

You know what's fun? When they were trying to "deride" me, I was actually laughing my ass because of their reaction at the fake delay and overreaction. Man, I never got such a great time over internet drama. Grin This shit is fun as hell.

I thought it was a sort of? Pfft. Make up your mind.

It's patently obvious that what most likely happened was you decided to engage in some kind of weak meta-troll by saying "See, I trolled them by releasing it on time despite throwing multiple actual hissy fits! AREN'T I SMERT PLZ KISS MY ASS" after the fact. Mostly because any other scenario makes absolutely zero rational sense.

Aahhahahaha. What's sad is that some idiots are falling for it.

Hint: A troll does not work if you give people something with no strings attached. That's on the level of feeding someone candy then claiming you trolled them by giving them cavities.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #68 - 10/15/08 at 01:36:24

lol the classic Mav

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #69 - 10/16/08 at 13:12:09

For those of you who had any issues with the save/load menu, here goes the newest build of the patch. This should hopefully take care of the problems with that damn overlay. Sorry for the inconvenient!

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #70 - 10/17/08 at 02:06:27

This new second patch messed up my memory card. I’m playing the game on my modded PS1 PAL console. I started the game and everything was perfect. I played the game and saved it. I just wanted to take a look and play it after I finish the other RPG I’m currently playing. I checked my memory card because I wanted to delete my savestat and there was no Persona 2 I.S. savestat. But I had 3 Castlevania: SOTN save blocks (and I know that I normally have only one). What’s even more weird, the three Castlevania save blocks count as one when you want to delete them. It looks like Innocent Sin took over my Castlevania block and created additional two same looking save blocks. You can guess, I lost my Castlevania stat. However, that’s not important. It gets much worse. I deleted the Castlevania/Persona blocks and started the game again. I choose CONTINUE and my Persona savestat was still present, even it was deleted minutes before. I checked my memory card again and… three Thrill Kill save block (and it’s possible to have only one). Luckily, I have three memory cards. I copyed all my undamaged save blocks to the other memory card and deleted my Thrill Kill/Persona save blocks. It looked (only looked)that my memory card was empty now.I went experimenting. I started the game, clicked CONTINUE and the savestat was still there. I saved my game on all five blocks. Now I looked at my memory card. It was empty/full. You couldn’t see any save blocks but they were there. Which made it impossible to delete them, because they were invisible. I found that out by inserting some game and tried to save it. I got the message “Your memory card is full”.
This is not so bad in my case, because I have three memory cards. But I believe there are people with only one memory card. I hope this only happened to me.
Gemini fix this, please.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #71 - 10/17/08 at 02:34:18

...Somebody refresh my memory, do NTSC game saves work on a PAL memory card?

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #72 - 10/17/08 at 02:37:14

Yes, they do (because there are no PAL/NTSC memory cards). They are all the same. The only thing that may not be working is a PAL savestat with the NTSC version of the game. Or vice-versa.

View Profile   IP Logged
Radish
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #73 - 10/17/08 at 07:48:00

Sweet, thanks a ton for the effort!

I'm having a weird problem.  Using ePSXe to play.  Everything looks right except when I summon Persona in battle they look garbled.  I've fiddled around with the video settings and it doesn't seem to fix it.  Anyone else had a similar problem?  Should I try a different emulator or is there some setting that might resolve this?

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #74 - 10/17/08 at 08:17:35

Quote from Aleph on 10/17/08 at 02:06:27:
This is not so bad in my case, because I have three memory cards. But I believe there are people with only one memory card. I hope this only happened to me.
Gemini fix this, please.

I can make a fix for you, but I need you to test it for me so that you can tell me if it works. Such an error was never mentioned during the whole beta testing. O_o Give me a few minutes and it'll be online.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print