Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/19/24 at 11:55:28
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sup? (Read 1566 times)
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Sup?
04/28/08 at 01:23:48

Hey everybody, my name's Ari, and I'm (obviously) a big fan of megaten. I probably like the main series the best, but I've got a soft spot for Devil Summoner. P3 was kinda... eh. Don't think I'll bother with FES, since I could spend 30 bucks on better entertainment than seeing Aigis in a maid outfit. But whatever floats your boat, right?

What else... well I translate from Japanese to English, and I was working on the Nocturne Drama CD for a while, but after the first two tracks I put it on hiatus due to lack of interest. Where's the love for the older games?

View Profile   IP Logged
Lucca
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Sup?
Reply #1 - 04/28/08 at 15:21:39

Welcome! (You share the same screen name on LJ, correct?)

Actually, I have to mention that I'm extremely interested in that translation you're working on (Nocturne happens to be my personal favorite in the series). Not being fluent in Japanese, I have a lot of gratitude for those that would take the time to translate for others.

As for the lack of love for the older games, do you mean the original PC games or anything that doesn't have "P3" in the title?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #2 - 04/28/08 at 17:30:50

Yep, that's me!

Nocturne's my favourite too, which was why I was working on it in the first place, but sadly I think LJ is for the most part an arid wasteland of P3. I mean anything before P3, really, by "older games". I can understand the lack of desire to play the originals; they were Nintendo!hard, and the Megami Tensei games don't even have translation patches. I got less than a few hours into the first game before I called it quits due to lack of map function.

Still, if anyone's particular serious about the series they should probably play SMT1/2.

View Profile   IP Logged
Lucca
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #3 - 04/28/08 at 17:53:33

Aw, well I'd be happy to read what you have so far, if you don't mind sharing it sometime.

I can see where you're coming from. I'm not really an "old" fan, I played Nocturne (my first foray in the series) about 2 1/2 years ago. I would really like to give the originals a try some day. Unfortunately the only computer I have access to is not my own, so due to circumstances I'm no longer able to download emulators.

ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #4 - 04/29/08 at 01:07:45

I have transcripts for the first two tracks, maybe I'll post those up here if there's a place for translations.

I only broke into the originals, I have to admit, because *cough* DS:RK. The end of the game makes numerous references to SMTI/II, and I wanted to know what was going on.

View Profile   IP Logged
Lucca
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #5 - 04/29/08 at 01:35:07

I was just thinking that it'd be nice if there was a section dedicated to posting various fan works.  I don't think it's be a problem if you posted it in the Megami Tensei section...

Oh yeah, those last few hours of that game went right over my head.  It was a pleasant surprise that DS:RK ever saw the light of day outside of Japan, given it's apparently limited appeal.

Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #6 - 04/29/08 at 10:47:53

If you're going to post fanworks, don't pull a Mikey.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 04/29/08 at 16:16:30

What's a Mikey?

View Profile   IP Logged
Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #8 - 04/29/08 at 22:20:37

Total faggot that Brand had to ban for multiple reasons. Tallgeese can give you a better explanation.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #9 - 05/09/08 at 10:32:30

Let us not even talk about "him".  I hope you have a good time here.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #10 - 05/09/08 at 21:31:00

Y Halo Thar  

Welcome to the Megaten forums.

MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #11 - 05/11/08 at 17:44:47

Wait...anything before P3 is old? That's a stretch of a term. =P Personally I'm still a little on edge with how much character/enemy interaction has been dropped from pretty much all recent games...

Anyway, I've tried playing the older SNES games but... me + FP dungeon crawling = boredom. =P I'll prolly trudge through them some time though.

Anyway~ welcome!

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print