Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/23/24 at 20:05:13
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Devil Children: The Anime! (Read 29052 times)
Jessicat
Less Newbies

Dragon Fanatic

Devil Children: The Anime!
05/07/08 at 01:53:43

Yea, there really was one. Actually two seasons, the first based on the Black & Red GBC games and the second based on the Light & Dark GBA games. I ripped a dvd with the first 6 episodes of the Black & Red season, and found one episode of the Light & Dark subbed, (and then the sub group stopped subbing the series.) Anyways, what I'm trying to get at here is that I've got s1 episodes 1-6 raw, (Japanese w/ no subs) and s2 episode 1 subbed uploaded on Veoh if anyone wants to take a look. Linkage is HERE, enjoy :3

*edit* and here's a few screenshots for the poor souls who can't stand/bother to watch it animated XD

It's like, Mini Frost plague o.O

Jack Frost can't eat cooked food (he'll melt, srsly)

Fenrir & Abaddon = Team Rocket, (and Fenrir is totally fruity like James too XD)

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Devil Children: The Anime!
Reply #1 - 05/07/08 at 07:03:54

So Demikids/Devil Children is like Pokemon... but with SMT demons?

Never played those games but it seems like people don't really like them.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Jessicat
Less Newbies

Dragon Fanatic

Reply #2 - 05/07/08 at 12:59:49

Quote from agent-fisher on 05/07/08 at 07:03:54:
So Demikids/Devil Children is like Pokemon... but with SMT demons?

Never played those games but it seems like people don't really like them.

A lot of people compare devil children to pokemon, (even though devil children came first XD). Most of the demons are more cute or simplified I guess, but they made Barong look like a piece of possessed furniture, and that's just wrong ;>> You still do a bit of negotiating, fusion, and 3 vs 3 battles, (not 1 on 1 like pokemon), and you're not trying to be the the very best demon summoner or something :P In Light & Dark, time in the real world stops and demons appear, so you need to find out whats happening; I'd say there's a bit more of a story there than in pokemon, (in which pokemon has had the same story for so many games now that I refuse to play them, lol).

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #3 - 10/03/08 at 14:04:27

I think it's more that Atlus didn't promote them than that people didn't like them. The Pokemon animated series and other merchandising helped to push the games, and of course, make the franchise popular... but I only heard of Devil Children via my searching for info on megaten games, and I keep forgetting it exists since Atlus (US esp.) hasn't realised that it has any potential in the exo-Japanese world, or something.

I'd rather play Devil Children than Pokemon, and would probally actually buy a portable system for games like the former.

Spider Bike

Reply #4 - 05/21/09 at 03:02:51

God I forgot how retarded the demon design for this series was.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print