Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/15/24 at 13:12:59
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moon Social Link P3 (Read 1268 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Moon Social Link P3
06/08/08 at 23:02:50

So, as I've been playing through FES (which hasn't been the best experience... I am struggling to find a reason to actually complete the game) I was intrigued by the storyline of the Moon Arcana Social Link.  The kid (Nozomi right?) is part of a cult?  Now I understand that the moon symbolizes false promise etc--leading to how the cult offers "false salvation" for Nozomi--but do you think that the game is making an allusion to the Unification Church, commonly known as "Moonies?"  It's a Korean born organization, but has a strong representation worldwide, notably in Japan and Europe as well as it's birthplace and the United States.  Given that the Unification Church is known to be involved in money scandals, which is a strong part of the storyline, I honestly think there is a pretty strong connection.  Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas about this, or if the same thoughts occurred to them.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Moon Social Link P3
Reply #1 - 06/20/08 at 20:52:56

Interesting. I was always a little peeved about the lack of explanation about Nozumi's cult. Maybe the Unification Church is the reference?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #2 - 06/21/08 at 02:07:48

...Okay, now will somebody tell me what Sandalphon has to do with Moon? O.o

I can only see one possible connection, Sandalphon's job being to carry prayers, but other than that you can pretty much stick any widely worshipped god in there.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #3 - 06/21/08 at 02:13:44

I think as with anything there's a bullshit answer for this.  Actually, the moon represents delusion, so maybe Atlus is sticking to its guns and subliminally identifying one of the most powerful angels with disillusionment.  Anyhow, who the hell knows.

The Unification Church, on the other hand, is kind of strange.  I mean, at the very least, if its true they are an organization/recognized religion "watched" by the FBI, that's pretty f-ed up.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print