Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
03/29/24 at 02:21:53
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Kuzunoha Raidou vs King Abaddon (Read 15458 times)
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Kuzunoha Raidou vs King Abaddon
Reply #30 - 03/09/09 at 13:16:43

I was disappointed with the first Devil summoner but I'm willing to give the sequel a chance.  I'm so happy they decided to bring back demon negotiations.  I loved that feature so much in Noctourne and in the first two personas (the card shuffle system sucks) and hopefully they will expand on it in the devil summoner sequel.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #31 - 03/29/09 at 22:57:33

Demon summoning for the most part is just glorified button mashing. How dare they take the words out of it. Thank god they're putting them back in. I thought I was going to write a blog post. Crisis averted.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #32 - 05/19/09 at 23:30:29

So, now that it's out in the U.S. is anyone playing it?
I have my copy, but I'm still playing Innocent Sin. Haven't even opened P4 yet. I'm well behind.
The Raiho plush is cool, though.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #33 - 05/20/09 at 02:42:13

Quote from biggsyke on 05/19/09 at 23:30:29:
So, now that it's out in the U.S. is anyone playing it?
I have my copy, but I'm still playing Innocent Sin. Haven't even opened P4 yet. I'm well behind.
The Raiho plush is cool, though.

My copy arrives tomorrow, I think. There are people playing it, but no one will discuss it here. I won't either, probably. This place is dead. I'm surprised Brand bothers with the payments.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #34 - 05/20/09 at 13:23:08

Yeah, it's crazy. Megaten is bigger than ever, there's got to be a way to get more customers around here.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #35 - 05/21/09 at 02:23:53

Quote from biggsyke on 05/20/09 at 13:23:08:
Yeah, it's crazy. Megaten is bigger than ever, there's got to be a way to get more customers around here.

The problem is the place itself I think. That, and the fact that with SMT being mainstream nowadays, you don't have to be at a place like this to talk about it. If you really want posters here, you need people to hate each other. I don't know if you were here for the Michael/Evil Rye dream team but things weren't boring around here with them around. There are probably other people I forgot. Oh wait, yeah, Heat. Heat was great because he basically hated everything and would hate you for liking it. There are probably more people I'm forgetting. Aside from a few being banned because they really were fucktards (and one ban for a naked DDS character,) most of them probably got banned because they were mean and how dare people be mean on the internet you're making Brand frown and now she has to moderate D:

Ok, I'm probably wrong saying we need people to hate each other to get activity. This place is not unique. You want to talk about SMT? Atlus' forum probably works, gamefaqs works in theory, and so does talking about it on some other forum you go to with at least one other person knowing what the hell you're on about. Why cpme here to talk about it? This place serves no purpose that isn't filled by 5 other places. Getting people to argue gives people a reason to go some place. They want to prove the other person wrong, and they want to see the newest post by whoever it is their dispute is with. I'm talking a while to get my point across so let me just lay it out here: This place offers nothing special, no one cares. As completely stupid as it sounds, arguments and full on spite is the easiest way to get people to post because it's giving them a reason to. You want more people here? Give them a reason to be.

Ok, that post, if it's even coherent, has been written at a time where I'm tired so if it doesn't make sense sorry.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #36 - 05/27/09 at 01:34:51

Yeah, you are absolutely right. Way to start an argument, right?
Seems like people moved on to other forums, and with no posts around here, it doesn't look like they even check here anymore.
We're like an amusement park that needs a new attraction.

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #37 - 05/27/09 at 21:40:29

I figure we need to have a bonfire....

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #38 - 09/15/09 at 09:27:19

Several years ago while I never was a big poster, I did visit this forum often as it was one of the few places to hang out besides the Atlus forum.  But now Atlus seems to have finally gotten their act together (less board crashes forcing you to re-register, better site promotion, active emails, etc.) and its forum is pretty much the place to be.  Then of course there are boards like Gamefaqs, 1up, and IGN which pretty much dominate all the others keeping the more casual megaten players form frequenting here which is pretty much why this place is suffering.

I guess the best thing you can do is to encourage others to visit here.  While it is doubtful this board will ever compete with the big boys, it could get large enough to survive.  I hope..   Huh

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #39 - 09/16/09 at 12:35:46

Probably not. This site serves no real purpose anymore. It was made at a time where the persona games were pretty much it when it came to SMT stuff in america. This was one of the few real internet presences SMT had english wise. Now, SMT is way more popular and this place isn't needed. Lots of alternative places to go, you know?

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #40 - 10/26/09 at 13:25:33

Quote from Alizarin on 09/16/09 at 12:35:46:
Probably not. This site serves no real purpose anymore. It was made at a time where the persona games were pretty much it when it came to SMT stuff in america. This was one of the few real internet presences SMT had english wise. Now, SMT is way more popular and this place isn't needed. Lots of alternative places to go, you know?

You are probably right Alizarin.  I guess it is a little too late.  Maybe it won't completely die off but I guess it is doubtful it will ever be very active again. cry

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #41 - 10/27/09 at 20:46:34

As heat once said, back in 07, this place hasn't been worth going to in four years. I don't know about that 4 year claim, but as of 07, this place was losing it's luster. Now, towards the end of 09, it's clearly dead.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print