Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/24/24 at 20:40:15
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New (Read 942 times)
Maverynthia
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

New
08/27/08 at 22:03:51

New here. <.< >.> I got introduced to Shin Megami Tensei a while back though this ad for Devil Children in an animation magazine (they were looking for someone to dub it) and thought it looked cool. Though the first official one I played was Last Bible...mostly because I was going "It has Bible in the title and didn't get censored?" Then "DemiKids" came out in the US, which I honestly thought that they'd have done a BETTER job NOT butchering it to "Dem" *cough* and back. However Atlus saw fit to give it the Persona 1 (as it 1) treatment...and try to censor out every pentagram in it...there's a lot and it looked like they stopped after a while. Though I saw a group out there that is doing the Fire and Ice books ("DemiKids 2"), hopefully they'll do a MUCH better job than ATLUS seems to be doing with their own property.
That being said, I was on the lookout for a fan-patch of Persona 1 or a fan-unbutcher something like that since I heard it was heavily censored, and/or an "UNDUB" of Persona 2. I'm really big now into the whole undubbing of games to put the JP voices back in. Currently playing P3FES: Undub with Original music. It really shows me what the characters are REALLY saying sometimes. As there was no reference to toothpaste >.>.
I'm also semi-on the lookout for a translator for the first Devil Children series (Red and Black book kids) as I have on order the two JP boxed sets and are going to encode those for everyone.
<.< >.>
Though I'm not sure I'm all into Persona, I like demon collecting more...

Anyways, trying to play the original SMT games since it's like pokemon..only ....more mature? I mean the difference between "Mewtwo use psychic!" and "Satan use Flaming Hell Death!" or something... So yeah.. Megami Tensei did it first xD!!

View Profile   IP Logged
citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Re: New
Reply #1 - 08/28/08 at 06:34:48

Ahem... and what`s that "pokemon" you`ve mentioned?  Huh

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #2 - 08/28/08 at 15:53:24

Personally I like Pokemon better than SMT. Why? Because of SMT's dungeon layouts. It's like having an ear infection, really really painful and so annoying. If I want to torture myself playing games, I'll just play Baldur's Gate with Tallgeese-sama.

...but I do like Persona. And I agree about keeping the japanese voices in. Thankfully in P2 at least, the voices are pretty good and seem to fit the character personality. Nix Maya that is, she sounds like a complete ditz, but that's from bad acting more than anything. I'm glad nowadays that at least SOME companies are giving various voice options: completely off, battle only, japanese or english. That's really all I ask for, if they're going to put horrible dub voices in (Megaman X4 for instance, hahaha) then I want at least an option to turn them off.

It's also annoying to have a slooooooooowwwwwwwww english talker, it messes up my reading. I read fast, so yeah, I prefer the faster speaking of the japanese voices. Plus I'm an original whore, always want to see what the original things are.

Anyways, hello and welcome~

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Maverynthia
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #3 - 08/29/08 at 21:28:04

Quote from citizen zero on 08/28/08 at 06:34:48:
Ahem... and what`s that "pokemon" you`ve mentioned? Huh

It's uhm...well you have these little monsters..but they aren't demons...and there's these things called pokeballs...that are like a PC with a Demon program... only...nobody gets killed and uhm..only the monsters fight for you..like..Devil Children..yeaaahh..only nobody gets hurt xD

Quote from SHODAN on 08/28/08 at 15:53:24:
Personally I like Pokemon better than SMT. Why? Because of SMT's dungeon layouts. It's like having an ear infection, really really painful and so annoying. If I want to torture myself playing games, I'll just play Baldur's Gate with Tallgeese-sama.

Oh yes, dungeons are definitely bad, I would like to seed a SMT remake/redo/refresh... on NDS and have the map on the bottom...like Etrian Odyssey. Though Tallgeese? The only thing coming to my mind is Gundam Wing.

Quote:
...but I do like Persona. And I agree about keeping the japanese voices in. Thankfully in P2 at least, the voices are pretty good and seem to fit the character personality. Nix Maya that is, she sounds like a complete ditz, but that's from bad acting more than anything. I'm glad nowadays that at least SOME companies are giving various voice options: completely off, battle only, japanese or english. That's really all I ask for, if they're going to put horrible dub voices in (Megaman X4 for instance, hahaha) then I want at least an option to turn them off.

I rather like more the JP or EN option more than ON or OFF as if I'm going to turn them off I feel like I'm missing something. I do like the fact that some people/groups are going back and making Undubs of games for those that want the JP and weren't given the choice.. Like Person 3 FES.

Quote:
It's also annoying to have a slooooooooowwwwwwwww english talker, it messes up my reading. I read fast, so yeah, I prefer the faster speaking of the japanese voices. Plus I'm an original whore, always want to see what the original things are.

Anyways, hello and welcome~

Ugh, I hate slow... English is a sloooooow language. Though even with JP voice I find myself skipping through some of the text, only because they are so long winded.  I know most people are like
"Why do you want to listen to JP, you can't even understand it!" Well, some people like the sounds, and some people like me actually understand enough to know that's not what was said.... :3

Thanks for the welcome :3

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print