Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/18/24 at 03:00:01
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Låt den rätte komma in (Read 16820 times)
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Låt den rätte komma in
11/03/08 at 04:51:58

...or "Let the Right One In". Has anyone seen this movie? After 14 years finally a great vampire movie. Almost no action at all, the vampires don't look like they sucked the blood from Bulgarian cows on steroids, no titanium katanas, no daywalkers, no hip-hopers trying to be actors, no 3000 in the title, no PG-13 rating. Anyone who thinks "Bram Stocker's Dracula" and "Interview with the Vampire" were the last good vampire movies should watch this. Not the kind of movie you watch with your friends, popcorn and soft drinks.  
Watch it alone with a bottle of expensive red wine (I did it). And for all those who like Wesley Snipes, Kate Beckinsale and Coolio, there's an U.S. remake announced.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Re: Låt den rätte komma in
Reply #1 - 11/03/08 at 05:37:41

Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview With the Vampire were failtastic. The spanish language version of the 1931 dracula film is king.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #2 - 11/03/08 at 05:50:42

Just do something good for yourself and watch the movie Alizarin. However, my hopes are not high for someone calling Tim Burton's Batman crap.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #3 - 11/03/08 at 06:09:05

Quote from Aleph on 11/03/08 at 04:51:58:
Watch it alone with a bottle of expensive red wine (I did it).

That sounds lame. I hope you didn't stain your plastic fangs.

Quote from Aleph on 11/03/08 at 04:51:58:
And for all those who like Wesley Snipes, Kate Beckinsale and Coolio, there's an U.S. remake announced.

I reject your implication that those who enjoyed the shit bukkake known as the Blade and Underworld films would enjoy a US adaptation of this film. I do so because you are obviously implying that the US version will be a conversion from what wikipedia describes as "a romance/horror" (which I can only assume involves a young boy discovers his first love bleeds from the vagina, thus freaking him the crap out for several years, until he learns to chill out/turns 14.) into a action movie. You are also implying that those who liked those action movies wouldn't like this movie, which is another generalization. Way to fail it hero.

Quote from Aleph on 11/03/08 at 05:50:42:
Just do something good for yourself and watch the movie Alizarin. However, my hopes are not high for someone calling Tim Burton's Batman crap. Yeah, I went there. You thought you were so smart, ignoring my wall of smilies. The ones that were clearly there to show you I was laughing at you because you didn't like a movie I liked. I totally showed you then. I was on fucking fire.

QFT. In any case, I never mentioned a lack of plans involving the viewing of this film. I merely rejected you opinion of what good vampire movies were, and presented my own. Way to fail at reading comprehension. I try not to make insults against things I've not experienced. I'll netflix this movie when I have the time.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #4 - 11/03/08 at 06:26:40

No, I didn't. I actually like expensive red wine. I drink two glasses of it every day. It's called the Mediterranean diet (that's why I'm so handsome).

I reject your implication that those who enjoyed the shit bukkake known as the Blade and Underworld films would enjoy a US adaptation of this film. I do so because you are obviously implying that the US version will be a conversion from what wikipedia describes as "a romance/horror" (which I can only assume involves a young boy discovers his first love bleeds from the vagina, thus freaking him the crap out for several years, until he learns to chill out/turns 14.) into a action movie. You are also implying that those who liked those action movies wouldn't like this movie, which is another generalization. Way to fail it hero.

Let's just face it. The American moviemakers are afraid to make anything above PG-13 (there are exceptions like Martin Scorsese who can simply say "go fuck yourself, I'm making the movie my way" to the producers). That's why I think the movie will suck. One more thing: The American movie directors have the urge to moralize over cultural differences. I actually can't wait to see what are they going to do with some scenes involving those children.

And you are so wrong about the bleeding vagina stuff.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #5 - 11/03/08 at 07:03:10

Quote from Aleph on 11/03/08 at 06:26:40:
Quote from Alizarin on 11/03/08 at 06:09:05:

No, I didn't. I actually like expensive red wine. I drink two glasses of it every day. It's called the Mediterranean diet (that's why I'm so handsome).

Oh good. I thought you were one of those larplanders. The ones that are all "CURSE ME AND MY INABILITY TO SUBSIST ON BLOOD! LETS JUST DRINK WINE INSTEAD, THATS PROBABLY CLOSE. Hey, guys, don't drink too much. My mom will be mad if she finds out I was drinking. I made cherry kool-aid, its next to the cheetos." You know?

In any case, you say you are handsome? Lemme see a picture. Wait, how old are you? If you're over twenty five, forget it.

Quote from Alizarin on 11/03/08 at 06:09:05:

Let's just face it. The American moviemakers are afraid to make anything above PG-13 (there are exceptions like Martin Scorsese who can simply say "go fuck yourself, I'm making the movie my way" to the producers). That's why I think the movie will suck. One more thing: The American movie directors have the urge to moralize over cultural differences. I actually can't wait to see what are they going to do with some scenes involving those children.

Afraid to make anything above PG-13 and wanting to cash in on a broader demographic are two different things. As for the "scenes involving those children" I couldn't say. If they're what I'm thinking, they'll probably get cut or altered. Not because it offends their delicate morals (because large industries and businesses have none,) rather, they want the money of those that would throw a fit, and trimming whatever they can to do so will help rack up sales. In what you have written, it seems like you refer to the U.S. movie industry, and the filmmakers that are a part of it as something that isn't an unfeeling, profiteering big business. Referring to it as "scared" and  "moralizing over other cultures" without realizing that what comes of as scared or moralizing probably was not in intent. Money first, ya know?  

And you are so wrong about the bleeding vagina stuff.

No I'm not. I'm serious. It's called menstruation. Put in simple terms, every month, the uterus needs to change wallpaper, and evacuates its excess through the vagina. It's found in all girls of "reproductive age" and some guys. For bonus points try and guess which men on this forum menstruate (I'll tell you right now this isn't a joke at your expense, since you wouldn't pick up on it otherise.)

Or were you referring to the horror romance thing? Well, incidents like that have not happened to me, but according to my brother, his friend, about when he was 12 or 13, had some people over at his house, one of which was a girl he liked. Girl he liked ended up having her first period there. I can't imagine her not knowing what the hell a period is, and I can't imagine her running around going "oh shit oh shit oh shit." In any case, my brother's friend did not know what a period is, and also found out that she had had one. The discovery of it freaked him the crap out for about two years, for god knows what reason. My brother has stupid friends.

EDIT: Jeez, I really overdid it. Man, I would fire myself if I were employing me. Srsly. I hate walls of shit. I have become that which I hate. No Aliz, you are the wall of text. And then Aliz was a shit poster. Oh jesus this is silly what am I even talking about I am going to sleep before I hit max stupid.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #6 - 11/03/08 at 07:03:45

Also, learn to quote. Makes things easier.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #7 - 11/03/08 at 07:27:43

Quote:
Oh good. I thought you were one of those larplanders. The ones that are all "CURSE ME AND MY INABILITY TO SUBSIST ON BLOOD! LETS JUST DRINK WINE INSTEAD, THATS PROBABLY CLOSE. Hey, guys, don't drink too much. My mom will be mad if she finds out I was drinking. I made cherry kool-aid, its next to the cheetos." You know?

In any case, you say you are handsome? Lemme see a picture. Wait, how old are you? If you're over twenty five, forget it.  

I don't want to become somebody's jerk off underlayment.

Quote:
No I'm not. I'm serious. It's called menstruation. Put in simple terms, every month, the uterus needs to change wallpaper, and evacuates its excess through the vagina. It's found in all girls of "reproductive age" and some guys. For bonus points try and guess which men on this forum menstruate (I'll tell you right now this isn't a joke at your expense, since you wouldn't pick up on it otherise.)

Or were you referring to the horror romance thing? Well, incidents like that have not happened to me, but according to my brother, his friend, about when he was 12 or 13, had some people over at his house, one of which was a girl he liked. Girl he liked ended up having her first period there. I can't imagine her not knowing what the hell a period is, and I can't imagine her running around going "oh shit oh shit oh shit." In any case, my brother's friend did not know what a period is, and also found out that she had had one. The discovery of it freaked him the crap out for about two years, for god knows what reason. My brother has stupid friends.

I'm so happy to be an only child. I feel sorry for your brother. Watch the movie and you'll see why it's impossible for Eli to have her period.

P.S. And this was not meant as an insult Alizarin. I'm happy to be an only child because I would feel sorry for a brother who's friends are stupid. It's got nothing to do with you. And I feel sorry for his/your parents and relatives, too.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #8 - 11/03/08 at 12:54:23

As for that story about your brother's friend and the girl, only a complete imbecile would find that somewhat amusing or worth mentioning (everyone who thinks that way, please feel free to be offended). I don't share your fascination about that kind of women anatomy (I keep my mind, hands and eyes on the outer attributes) but I know SPOILER when a character in the movie has her/his crotch sewed up, it's either a girl not being able to have her period ever again, or it's a boy with his genitals being amputated END OF SPOILER. Actually, that was the only thing in the movie I found really gruesome. The rest of the movie was a dark, beautiful, fascinating story about solitude. Maybe you should use your bizarre enthusiasm for something more useful and start studying medicine and become a gynecologist or pediatric.

So you can say whatever you want, because from now on, I'm going to ignore you. So watch the movie or don't, I don't care. Actually, I'd like you to say: "This movie sucks". That way, we wouldn't have anything in common. It's the same thing with Quentin Tarantino. That guy who is called a movie director should go back to elementary school and start all over again. And he likes Wong Kar Wai. Damn!

So Alizarin, have fun hating the movie.... Please  Cool

« Last Edit: 11/03/08 at 14:02:47 by Skuggiköttur »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #9 - 11/03/08 at 14:41:03

You're only supposed to drink 'one' glass a day in the Mediterranean diet you overly self-righteous, arrogant manchild. This shows quite well that the diet sure hasn't improved your cognition like it's supposed to.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #10 - 11/03/08 at 17:13:53

Quote from Tallgeese on 11/03/08 at 14:41:03:
You're only supposed to drink 'one' glass a day in the Mediterranean diet you overly self-righteous, arrogant manchild. This shows quite well that the diet sure hasn't improved your cognition like it's supposed to.

Well done. Spoken like a true Tenshi. And you call me arrogant. It's 1-2 glasses a day. Actually, it almost always two glasses. Look under Cretan diet.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #11 - 11/04/08 at 03:27:18

I like Bram Stoker's Dracula. I guess because it's the only movie I've seen close enough to the book (plus the amount of blood is so lol, I love it)

But I think Tim Burton's Batman is crap yeah. His "vision" of Bruce Wayne is a wooden caricature that hangs upside down to sleep and has no personality whatsoever? And his Jokers idea of "crime" is spraypainting art? And his idea of Penguin is a mutant who lives in the sewers and eats raw fish? Fuck you Burton.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #12 - 11/04/08 at 03:32:07

Quote from Aleph on 11/03/08 at 17:13:53:
Quote from Tallgeese on 11/03/08 at 14:41:03:

Well done. Spoken like a true Tenshi. And you call me arrogant. It's 1-2 glasses a day. Actually, it almost always two glasses. Look under Cretan diet.

Let's see. I'll either believe you, or I can believe the young and awesome doctor of biopsychology I know who rattles off facts about the human brain and neurotransmitters straight from his head. It's supposed to be one, either you're wrong or the diet promotions you're reading are screwing up somewhere.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #13 - 11/04/08 at 03:40:03

I really enjoyed reading this:

Quote:
EDIT: Jeez, I really overdid it. Man, I would fire myself if I were employing me. Srsly. I hate walls of shit. I have become that which I hate. No Aliz, you are the wall of text. And then Aliz was a shit poster. Oh jesus this is silly what am I even talking about I am going to sleep before I hit max stupid.

This thread makes me miss my free time to shit walls of text here.  

Oh, and am I one of the menstruating males?  Just a little curious.  How far are we gonna take that one?

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #14 - 11/04/08 at 03:44:07

ABANDON HOPE AND GO TO TDOTTLE TO WASTE FREE TIME

And yes, yes you are.

Seriously, what is it with SMT and idiots like the one I'm teaching about his own fad diet?  

And to prove my point:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071030082146.htm

The 'tenshi' wins. ONE glass.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print