Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/24/24 at 05:47:09
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Original Persona being remade (Read 2392 times)
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Original Persona being remade
02/04/09 at 17:20:58

View Profile   IP Logged
feighnt
Less Newbies

Re: Original Persona being remade
Reply #1 - 02/04/09 at 20:13:44

wicked - so this *wasnt* just a rumour!

... now they just have to localize it...  undecided

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #2 - 02/05/09 at 09:02:02

This is pretty exciting to me, I hope it comes out in the U.S.  Persona holds a special place in my heart.

Though I was hoping for real anime cut scenes not some cell shaded ones, still they are better then the original ones.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
feighnt
Less Newbies

Reply #3 - 02/05/09 at 09:58:49

Quote from Brand on 02/05/09 at 09:02:02:

Though I was hoping for real anime cut scenes not some cell shaded ones, still they are better then the original ones.

huh?  i think i missed something, i dont recall hearing anything of the format of the new cutscenes, where'd you see this?  (hope it wasnt in the linked articles, or else i'm quite the dork  embarrassed  )

all honesty, personally, i might prefer cell shaded cut scenes... i'm just *really* tired of anime-style just about anything these days, and i've loved cell shading ever since they first invented it for Jet Set Radio (though i'm aware that some people just *loathe* it).  although, to be fair, i'm sure they could make some great anime cut scenes... i suppose my fear is more-so that they add *too many* of them in there... in lots of rpgs over the last handfull of years, some of my least enjoyed moments are the cutscenes (often having much - though not all - to do with the poor-quality voice acting... ack, that's a thought, i wonder if they'll be adding more voice acting?   Sad  )

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #4 - 02/05/09 at 14:02:01

I'd be happier if everything else didn't look so much like the original. But still, if this gets a western release, I'll seriously consider getting a PSP.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #5 - 02/06/09 at 15:15:46

I kind of wish this was for DS simply because didn't Sony America give a big fat NO to any remakes that didn't have an absurdly high new content level on the PSP?  I mean, we didn't get BoF3 or Tales of Eternia on the PSP here because of that rule.  Granted it was a while ago, but I could see Sony being a bit of a douche giving the a-ok for localization.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
feighnt
Less Newbies

Reply #6 - 02/06/09 at 20:48:05

Quote from Sir_Asura on 02/06/09 at 15:15:46:
I kind of wish this was for DS simply because didn't Sony America give a big fat NO to any remakes that didn't have an absurdly high new content level on the PSP?  I mean, we didn't get BoF3 or Tales of Eternia on the PSP here because of that rule.  Granted it was a while ago, but I could see Sony being a bit of a douche giving the a-ok for localization.

i'd not known about that, but, you know, for Persona 1 this might not concern me as much - if they DID localize it, hopefully there'd be a complete retranslation, perhaps certain characters would be from the countries they were actually from and would have their actual skin colour  Huh and the snow queen quest would be translated!  for the north american viewer, that's quite a bit of new content.  

especially considering that final fantasy tactics got that remake, which mostly changed the dialogue (much for the better, i wish they'd do that for more games) and added in those new cutscenes - which is, for the most part, what would likely happen if Persona were localized in north america.  (*cough* but hopefully they wouldnt off-set the good by making the game virtually unplayable by making EVERY action produce slowdown like happened with FFT  Angry  )

oh, ps:  destructoid has showed a japanese trailer for the game, gives a bit of an idea of what kind of changes we can expect.  if you are like me and dont like japanese pop songs, then this might make you cringe a bit  undecided  but, as a plus, the cutscenes actually make the characters look quite similar, artistically, to how they were in the original game, which i think is rather interesting to see.

http://www.destructoid.com/persona-fans-you-will-be-very-pleased-with-this-perso na-1-trailer-120800.phtml

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 02/07/09 at 21:44:08

If you look at the pictures in the article or the trailer on the official site it's pretty obvious that the cut scenes are now cell shaded.  I have nothing against it but since the whole game doesn't look that way just the cut scenes it seems to me they went the cheap route with the cell shading instead of full cg or more traditional animated cut scenes.  Though in this case anything is better then the CG in the original which was just horrid, even dog poop could look better then those.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print