Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
03/28/24 at 17:49:43
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Devil Survivor...? (Read 4547 times)
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Devil Survivor...?
07/10/09 at 22:09:58

So anyone in the U.S. playing this? I haven't unwrapped my copy yet. Too much backlog in my gaming.
Haven't even finished Tsumi yet, been playing on and off.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Re: Devil Survivor...?
Reply #1 - 07/11/09 at 00:36:57

Quote from biggsyke on 07/10/09 at 22:09:58:
So anyone in the U.S. playing this?

I've been playing the ugly art RPG on and off these past few weeks. Several other people here have as well, but you won't hear them say anything about it here.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #2 - 07/11/09 at 03:54:55

So Ali, what do you think about the game? Which of the SMT series would you compare it most to?
Why mix old and new Kaneko demon art? Why are we the only two left in this ghost town?

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #3 - 07/11/09 at 18:54:37

Quote from biggsyke on 07/11/09 at 03:54:55:
So Ali, what do you think about the game? Which of the SMT series would you compare it most to?
Why mix old and new Kaneko demon art? Why are we the only two left in this ghost town?

Well, obviously it'd be compared to the majin tensei games, you know? They were SRPGs too. It's an alright game but nothing special. The music is mediocre and the art is too. I blame the shitty art on the Persona series. If that crap didn't fly, we wouldn't keep seeing it.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #4 - 07/12/09 at 00:38:39

Can't say I ever played the Majin series.
I don't mind Soejima's art that much, but compared to Kaneko...c'mon...no contest. Guy's Yakuza.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #5 - 07/12/09 at 02:10:47

Kaneko had some weird looking stuff himself. I think Heat called it his  "Ghetto Art."

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #6 - 07/12/09 at 16:29:58

So what are your favorite games in the series, Ali? Some of your posts here are great, but I can't really get a sense of what you like about SMT.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #7 - 07/13/09 at 00:41:22

Quote from biggsyke on 07/12/09 at 16:29:58:
So what are your favorite games in the series, Ali? Some of your posts here are great, but I can't really get a sense of what you like about SMT.

I've liked SMT 1 2 and 3 with 3 being my favorite out of all these games. I liked the Avatar Tuner series, and I liked Maken X even though it really kinda sucked.  I liked the second second Persona 2, and thought the first persona 2 was alright (which I played without the patch. Go suck it Gemini.)

I liked Raidou 1 and 2, they were alright. What else...Maybe that's it. Yeah, Anyway, I like quite a bit of these games, but my favorite has been the first SMT series, even though they have shitty dungeons and most of their demons are palette swaps. Fun stories though.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #8 - 07/13/09 at 01:57:19

Yeah, it's definitely the stories of the main series and DDS that got me into the games. I definitely prefer Persona 2 (both) over 1, 3 and 4. The mash-up of mythologies and religions are cool, and even the 'collection' aspect is fun, but it's the character design and development that keep me coming back. Although...there is Mara...huh.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #9 - 07/13/09 at 01:58:46

mara's cool Nothing not to like about a penis monster.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #10 - 07/19/09 at 16:05:07

Honestly I like this game a lot.  I do thing the character design is kind of blah and the main character design is a little to bland and also dumb (what the "F" is up with his headphones? Srly.).  I like the music personally, I have heard others don't like it but I think for what it is and for a DS game it is pretty good.  Maybe not I want the sound track to listen on it's own but I still think it's better then average.

The characters are a little bland, definitely not as fun as Person characters, but they are not annoying to me at least.  What I really like about the game is the story, I really like it, and I like how you can follow paths to different endings.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
MoogleTim
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 07/23/09 at 07:05:07

Yes, I bought it a week ago and i love it. does anyone know if there is a printed guide for the game somewhere out there?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #12 - 07/23/09 at 12:34:32

Glad to hear it's fun to play. I resumed my playthrough of Tsumi again, I'm clearing the shrines so almost done.
Then I just have to play Raidou 2, finish FES...damn...

View Profile   IP Logged
Koolin
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 09/19/12 at 06:50:04

Have no time to play these days. Sad

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print