Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/19/24 at 07:47:35
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Is Megaten Haven officially dead? (Read 10888 times)
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Is Megaten Haven officially dead?
12/23/09 at 09:58:20

Over the last year I have seen this site go from fairly active to hardly any new activity in the last few months

What a shame!  cry

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Re: Is Megaten Haven officially dead?
Reply #1 - 12/23/09 at 20:41:58

Quote from bullman422 on 12/23/09 at 09:58:20:
Over the last year I have seen this site go from fairly active to hardly any new activity in the last few months

What a shame!  cry

I don't know what last year you were living in, but this last year didn't count as active, and it got worse.  

This place has been terrible for years.

View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #2 - 12/26/09 at 15:30:58

Quote from Alizarin on 12/23/09 at 20:41:58:

What a shame!  cry

I don't know what last year you were living in, but this last year didn't count as active, and it got worse.

It's saddening, but, unfortunately, things like this happen

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #3 - 12/28/09 at 03:28:58

Quote from neonecron on 12/26/09 at 15:30:58:
Quote from Alizarin on 12/23/09 at 20:41:58:

What a shame!  cry

It's saddening, but, unfortunately, things like this happen

It's a text board. Quit pretending it's sad and get over it.

If you all were really worried, you'd have probably done something useful like actually talking about stuff, as opposed to never visiting except to show up and say "it's just so sad how empty this once majestic cesspool of fanwankery is"

Like I said, this place being the pits of suck isn't new. It's been going on for years.I've been here since 05, and according to actual senior members (guys who'd been here before Brand ran this place) it was already shitty by then.

Everyone can either continue not visiting, and quit your crying, or you can actually do something useful and attempt to fix this. I suggest the former. This place doesn't need any attempt put into it.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #4 - 01/07/10 at 23:20:50

I thought Trinity Soul was pretty good. Okay I lie...never finished it.

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #5 - 01/13/10 at 09:06:00

Quote from Alizarin on 12/28/09 at 03:28:58:

It's a text board. Quit pretending it's sad and get over it.

If you all were really worried, you'd have probably done something useful like actually talking about stuff, as opposed to never visiting except to show up and say "it's just so sad how empty this once majestic cesspool of fanwankery is"

Like I said, this place being the pits of suck isn't new. It's been going on for years.I've been here since 05, and according to actual senior members (guys who'd been here before Brand ran this place) it was already shitty by then.

Everyone can either continue not visiting, and quit your crying, or you can actually do something useful and attempt to fix this. I suggest the former. This place doesn't need any attempt put into it.

First let me say that while I am sad to see this site go the way of the Dodo, it is not to the point where I am losing sleep.  Your the one who needs to get over it.  I have also been apart of this site for years (even when it had a different address) contributing when I had something to say.  

Oh and here is another ideal, why don't you take your own advice and quit visiting?  You sure aren't helping it die if you keep posting nor are your snotty comments any help in attracting more people here.  

Anyway, I will probably keep on checking here every once in awhile in hopes of more activity or when it finally disappears.  

Till then it was (sort of) nice talking to you on your last visit here Alizarin as you have now moved on.  (Yeah like that will really happen!)  Roll Eyes

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #6 - 01/14/10 at 05:48:17

I'm going to continue visiting until Brand finally decides to comment on the state of this place. I'm interested in knowing if she'll pull the plug or not. If she does, I also want to know what's going to happen to the wiki, and the domain name. I know several people from several other forums interested in obtaining both.  

In the mean time, I'll continue posting when I find it's relevant. It takes me two minutes a day at maximum to check in each day, so it's not as if I'm wasting time doing so. I wont do what I did back in the summer, or whenever it was, and respond to every single  thread I click for an hour, since that didn't achieve what I wanted it to anyway.

In any case, it's nice to see someone else is checking in frequently. Throw some more passive aggressive smiley faces my way. We might get an argument going. It'd be more activity than this place has had in a while. Wouldn't that be fun?

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 01/14/10 at 14:45:33

I'm impressed Alizarin as I expected to get a nasty reply from you instead of a civil one.  

Anyway it would be nice to see this site become active again.  Personally I don't expect nor would I want it to be so popular that it turns into another GameFaqs/Gamespot/1up forum (which are often loaded with dumb topics) but maybe a place for a few dedicated megaten gamers would be fine with me.

I just recently got back into Devil Summoner 2.  It is still fun although every now and then I get stuck on what to do next on a case.  

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #8 - 01/15/10 at 17:35:13

Quote from bullman422 on 01/14/10 at 14:45:33:
I'm impressed Alizarin as I expected to get a nasty reply from you instead of a civil one.  

Anyway it would be nice to see this site become active again.  Personally I don't expect nor would I want it to be so popular that it turns into another GameFaqs/Gamespot/1up forum (which are often loaded with dumb topics) but maybe a place for a few dedicated megaten gamers would be fine with me.

I just recently got back into Devil Summoner 2.  It is still fun although every now and then I get stuck on what to do next on a case.  

You both suck...  Tongue

No really, you can try but no one's here anymore...

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #9 - 01/18/10 at 17:32:45

Is there anything Megaten relevant going on right now? I'm looking forward to the US version of Strange Journey. Raidou 2 has been sitting on my shelf unopened since it came out. Maya Amano has pink guns.

View Profile   IP Logged
bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #10 - 01/22/10 at 11:54:51

Quote from Aleph on 01/15/10 at 17:35:13:

You both suck... Tongue

No really, you can try but no one's here anymore...

Well welcome to the newly renamed SUCK club Aleph.  Hope your stayhere.........well sucks.  LOL!!  Cheesy

Quote from biggsyke on 01/18/10 at 17:32:45:
Is there anything Megaten relevant going on right now? I'm looking forward to the US version of Strange Journey. Raidou 2 has been sitting on my shelf unopened since it came out. Maya Amano has pink guns.

Well there was the re-release of Persona one for the PSP and then the soon to be release Strange Journey for the Nintendo DS (is this system still even relevant?) neither of which I have so basically there really isn't shit for the near future.  Although there has been talk about an undisclosed PS3 game for the last few years.  Hopefully something will materialize soon.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 01/30/10 at 17:22:28

My life have been pretty much a shambling mess and this forum has been dead for a while now.  Unfortunately, I did not renew the Samaru City domain. I was unemployed and broke the time when it was time to renew (I was so broke I sold my hair for rent money, just to give you an idea).  So I am sure that has been snapped up by squatters.

I don't want the forum or the wiki to truly die but if someone is interested in taking them over then I would be fine with that.  I'm sure we can make arrangements.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #12 - 01/31/10 at 01:33:14

well, I could try my hand ata  wiki takeover...

Sumaru City has definitely been taken though.

View Profile   IP Logged
Camanchi
Less Newbies

Chaotic good.

Reply #13 - 04/29/10 at 18:02:55

I am going to attempt to revive it by contacting any Atlus-loving forum goers I know.  Cheesy

--Up all night, got demons to fight.
View Profile Camanchey   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #14 - 04/29/10 at 19:21:28

Quote from Camanchi on 04/29/10 at 18:02:55:
I am going to attempt to revive it by contacting any Atlus-loving forum goers I know.  Cheesy

Go for it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #15 - 04/29/10 at 22:53:08

Thanks Camanchi!

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ViolenceJack
Less Newbies

Sleep is for
Dreamers

Reply #16 - 05/04/10 at 01:10:48

Cambo invited me but I'm more of a random talk kinda poster, last Megaten game I played was Persona, on the PSOne. I think I do have some avatars from that game somewhere though.

View Profile   IP Logged
Camanchi
Less Newbies

Chaotic good.

Reply #17 - 05/04/10 at 15:06:20

I'd be willing to help with the forum/wiki if you can't handle it all.

bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #18 - 05/18/10 at 14:38:23

Nice to see a few specs of life on this board.  It's still not promising enough for the future but there is still hope.    Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Camanchi
Less Newbies

Chaotic good.

Reply #19 - 06/04/10 at 09:54:07

I can be around, but I get busy on and off and usually have little to add to the discussion.

Rozzie2
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #20 - 06/22/11 at 09:57:22

im new... lol... wanting to play the mmo... should have looked at the dates XD

View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #21 - 11/05/11 at 19:20:27

Sounds like an idea

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #22 - 11/10/11 at 22:39:27

Wow, I feel like a dude who is venturing out of a bomb shelter to find his town completely desolate and void of any signs of civilization. I'm scared.

View Profile   IP Logged
Repsher
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #23 - 06/28/12 at 02:58:14

Quote from bullman422 on 01/14/10 at 14:45:33:

I agree.

nintendo Wii accessories
nintendo Wii controllers
Video game accessory

Email View Profile   IP Logged
SlyStrife
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #24 - 01/04/13 at 17:15:45

Wow, this place has been taken over by spambots. What a horrible way for this forum to go...

Email View Profile SlyStrife   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print