Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/24/24 at 12:27:23
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Strange Journey (Read 5018 times)
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Strange Journey
03/23/10 at 21:44:08

So it was released in the U.S. today, anybody buy it? I really don't know too much about the story but the gameplay footage looks pretty fun. That and new Kaneko artwork is a plus for me. I'm too backlogged on gaming though...taking my sweet time with Mass Effect 2.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Re: Strange Journey
Reply #1 - 03/24/10 at 03:58:46

Quote from biggsyke on 03/23/10 at 21:44:08:
So it was released in the U.S. today, anybody buy it? I really don't know too much about the story but the gameplay footage looks pretty fun. That and new Kaneko artwork is a plus for me. I'm too backlogged on gaming though...taking my sweet time with Mass Effect 2.

I don't really pay much attention to video games anymore and did not know about its release. I may check it out though

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #2 - 03/28/10 at 02:45:20

Decided to pick it up. Why not? Man, it's a great game so far. Takes me back to the early SNES titles. Battle system is familiar, characters are solid, haven't had the chance to fuse demons yet, but the contact/recruitment conversations aren't dull at all.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #3 - 04/07/10 at 23:49:37

I've been playing it. It's alright. Seems like it's going to be short. I'm not concerned though. I don't have the patience to finish a long game.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #4 - 04/10/10 at 03:18:01

Short game...hah hah oh man. I just finished Delphinus and I'm at the 20 hour mark. So many fusions.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #5 - 04/10/10 at 16:44:35

oh, I guess that's  why. I don't usually bother with fusions I don't need. I don't bother with using those demon crystal things either.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #6 - 04/10/10 at 22:03:06

Yeah I've been pretty much leveling up every demon until I get the forma...that sweet juicy crystal nugget. Eridanus is annoyingly disjointed and huge. It's starting to piss me off.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #7 - 04/11/10 at 03:26:01

Quote from biggsyke on 04/10/10 at 22:03:06:
Yeah I've been pretty much leveling up every demon until I get the forma...that sweet juicy crystal nugget. Eridanus is annoyingly disjointed and huge. It's starting to piss me off.

Yeah, that's one thing I'm not liking about the game. If you want to get new items, you get to grind enemies until you get the components you need. If you want to fuse your demons and actually get the skills they had, you have to level them up first after maxing out a bar. Then you can use a crystal. And if yo resummon the demon you just fused so you can fuse it into something else, enjoy levelling it up some more to maybe get that crystal again.

That's why I've said fuck it. If I want a demon, I'll just negotiate and use it until I don't need it. Then I'll fuse it or dump it. Maybe I'll use whatever I fused it into, but a lot of times it just sits in my slots.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #8 - 04/29/10 at 22:55:10

Some demon codes from Kotaku:

Quote:

Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey features a password system that lets players summon special demons via secret codes, like the two they've passed on to Kotaku to share with our readers, including one for password-exclusive Alciel, the Black Sun.

The latest Shin Megami Tensei DS game to hit North America features a sophisticated demon password system, which utilizes special codes to unlock powerful demons to join you on your Strange Journey. I suppose you could consider these codes free downloadable content that's already on the disc, though there's no disc, and technically no real download either.

Here's the official Atlus description of the two special demons, followed by the passwords needed to unlock them. The passwords are case sensitive, so be sure not to have any cases laying about when you enter them.

The base version of the Queen of the Faeries, Titania, has some powerful skills including Maziodyne and Mediarahan. But if you want something a little different, you might try out this special Titania, who trades what she has in multi-target damage and healing for more overall versatility: with Agidyne, Bufudyne, and Ziodyne, she can exploit three times the weaknesses, and if you're frowning at the lack of party-wide damage, well, is Megidolaon good enough for you? Call on this level 60 Neutral-Neutral demon with:

summon smt.queen

If you've got a Law party cooking and want a physical powerhouse, then Alciel, the Black Sun, may fit the bill. Another password-only demon, Alciel has some drawbacks-he's weak to physical and gun attacks, and you won't want to put him up against any Expel-users-but he has stamina and HP enough to survive the hits and the Counter skill to dish them right back. And that's when he's on the receiving end of damage; when he's dishing it out, his Hades Blast does heavy physical damage to the entire enemy party. Summon this level 61 Dark-Law demon with:

ALCARMOR

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Camanchi
Less Newbies

Chaotic good.

Reply #9 - 05/04/10 at 12:35:23

Just picked this up today, can't wait to play. At first I was a little disappointed that it's the next full installment in the SMT series, but the fact that it's on the DS is pretty cool. I love the DS, I was simply hoping that it was a spin-off. I just hope the game has the same amount of depth as console versions.

EDIT: Any tips?

« Last Edit: 05/04/10 at 14:36:29 by Camanchi »  

--Up all night, got demons to fight.
View Profile Camanchey   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #10 - 05/04/10 at 22:09:11

Quote from Camanchi on 05/04/10 at 12:35:23:
Just picked this up today, can't wait to play. At first I was a little disappointed that it's the next full installment in the SMT series, but the fact that it's on the DS is pretty cool. I love the DS, I was simply hoping that it was a spin-off. I just hope the game has the same amount of depth as console versions.

EDIT: Any tips?

Same as usual. Stick with your buffs and debuffs, be careful of insta kill spells, and save constantly.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 06/01/10 at 12:51:20

I really like the fact it's on the DS just to have that second screen with the map.  Though I can't help see new boss avatars that looks freaking sweet and want to see them in 3d.  I'm a bit torn really.  I'm finally nearing the end of the game though, and I've really enjoyed it.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print