Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/02/24 at 21:11:42
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
So when SMT 4 Comes Out (Read 17945 times)
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Re: So when SMT 4 Comes Out
Reply #15 - 03/29/08 at 22:35:29

Quote from Tallgeese on 01/20/08 at 22:40:19:
it's basically the same sequel as True Demon. You fight YHVH. Only in True Demon, it's made more obvious.

I find it laughable that Lucifer claims to support you in Freedom. He only wants to piss off God.

What if in FREEDOM ending, it suggested something else, another force that "Walked The Path of Thorns" where the True Enemy is Lucifer. There are millions of mythologies filled with tales of martyrs and messiahs, all ol' Kaz has to do is make a trip to the library and pick from there

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #16 - 03/30/08 at 01:43:17

If I recall, Kagutsuchi says that, then at the end it is probably Lucifer speaking. So they're both telling you to watch for the 'true enemy'. Except it's each other.

View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #17 - 03/30/08 at 04:55:36

Not going to happen, but what if the true enemy was neither and either the player or something else?

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #18 - 03/30/08 at 08:43:48

Oh come now, we all know Atlus is Christophobic, so...

View Profile   IP Logged
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Reply #19 - 03/30/08 at 09:13:33

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/30/08 at 08:43:48:

Christophobic?... That where ya hate Christians or afraid of them. But anyway. Hey, any mention of Wiccan deities in any of the games

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #20 - 03/30/08 at 14:20:33

^ I haven't gotten that far yet into Nocturne, but Aradia apparently is in as a goddess who instead of trying to form a reason is sort of trying to take care of give people hope. But becuase this a cynical game, I think she's sort of frowned upon as being useless and giving people false help. Which really makes no sense, becuase hope is a motivating force that would, if anything, drive people to the Reasons.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #21 - 03/30/08 at 15:04:34

Quote from Angel Heart on 03/30/08 at 09:13:33:

Christophobic?... That where ya hate Christians or afraid of them. But anyway. Hey, any mention of Wiccan deities in any of the games

Exactly. And SMT is full of the first one.

View Profile   IP Logged
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Reply #22 - 03/30/08 at 18:59:19

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/30/08 at 15:04:34:
Quote from Angel Heart on 03/30/08 at 09:13:33:

Exactly. And SMT is full of the first one.

Wow, no wonder I got strange looks when I said I played it, what being a Christian and all(not the preaching Hell fire and damnation Christian, the nice, more open minded Christian). But holy crap thinking back now, just wow. At least Atlus are a little subliminal about the content

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #23 - 03/31/08 at 04:24:56

Well, that's true up until SMT2 and beyond, where it becomes increasingly obvious.

In SMT1 Law and Chaos were fairly balanced. In SMT2 on, Law has been 'the bad guys;, and Chaos and Neutral the 'good guys' against ebil ebil oppressing Gawd. And sad, pathetic 'rage against the machine' teenagers gobble it up like the sheep they are.

View Profile   IP Logged
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Reply #24 - 03/31/08 at 20:00:53

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/31/08 at 04:24:56:
Well, that's true up until SMT2 and beyond, where it becomes increasingly obvious.

In SMT1 Law and Chaos were fairly balanced. In SMT2 on, Law has been 'the bad guys;, and Chaos and Neutral the 'good guys' against ebil ebil oppressing Gawd. And sad, pathetic 'rage against the machine' teenagers gobble it up like the sheep they are.

Amen to that

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #25 - 03/31/08 at 21:10:59

I really don't get Japan's ragging on Christianity considering that it seems Japan is pretty much embracing of it as a culture (according to an interview with Satoshi Kon on Paprika). Kon mentioned that becuase Shintoism accepts the belief that there are many gods, that the Christian God is relatively easy to incorporate into the synthesis religion Japan has (they love coming religions apparently, ever since Buddhism) and they actually incorporate Christianity int otheir lives as traditional wedding ceremonies. So it's sort of weird to see games like Xenogears and FF Tactics diss.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #26 - 03/31/08 at 22:13:10

Probably not a religion diss, rather a westerner diss.

View Profile   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #27 - 03/31/08 at 23:47:55

> . > And here I was thinking that whole world war 2 thing was a thing of the past...

But actually, if you think about it, Americans also typecast certain countries in villain roles (you know, ina ction movies and games) even if we're on good terms with them.  

It's not that we hate you, it's just that your country makes a good megolomaniac adversary  Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #28 - 04/01/08 at 00:56:23

Quote from 0kami7777 on 03/31/08 at 23:47:55:
> . > And here I was thinking that whole world war 2 thing was a thing of the past...

Yeah, Japan wants boo hoo over the bombing we did, yet kinda forgets the rape camp thing they had over in china.

In any case, I doubt its a WW2 thing, rather, its probably a "Not Japanese" thing. Americans are not japanese. Therefor, they're pale skinned devils out to rape the homeland, AND ONLY FIVE TEENAGERS WITH ATTITUDE CAN STOP THEM.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #29 - 04/01/08 at 11:18:03

Quote from Alizarin on 04/01/08 at 00:56:23:
Quote from 0kami7777 on 03/31/08 at 23:47:55:

Yeah, Japan wants boo hoo over the bombing we did, yet kinda forgets the rape camp thing they had over in china.

In any case, I doubt its a WW2 thing, rather, its probably a "Not Japanese" thing. Americans are not japanese. Therefor, they're pale skinned devils out to rape the homeland, AND ONLY FIVE TEENAGERS WITH ATTITUDE CAN STOP THEM.

We have a winner. And supposedly this BS is somehow 'mature' or some crap.

At least this series usually has nice gameplay, I wish they'd balance the games better in this regard though, both story and charcater wise.

Seriously, look at the Four Seraphs: Uriel, Raphael, Gabriel, Michael. If you pay any attention at all, ever since SMT1 they've been weaker and weaker.

SMT1: They're final, seperate, endgame bosses. Gabriel was pretty much the only boss invulnerable to the Sleep Bullet exploit I can recall.

SMT2: You fight Uriel and Raphael in one fight as midgame bosses. Michael is up next, and while his HP is huge... that's about it if I recall.

SMT3 on: All of the Seraphs from this point on are TERRIBLE as bosses. You fight Uriel, Raphael, Gabriel together, and they suck horribly. THE SERAPHS DO NOT HAVE OR JUST BARELY USE DEKAJA ON YOU. This includes METATRON. He just will not pop it off after a point, making him pathetically easy.

To drive the point home, the game says Metatron is stronger than Beelzebub. But check their technique list.

Beelzebub: Death Flies is the big news here. You MUST protect against Death OR YOU ARE DEAD, GUARANTEED. And if you block death you still choke on Megidolaon like damage. This skill is seriously, seriously broken. IT EVEN GETS WORSE in DDS WHEN HE GETS MAHAMAON AND HE WILL CHAIN IT.  

Metatron: Debilitate, Fire of Sinai, Maragidyne, Mahamaon. You block Mahamaon, whoops, he loses both turns. Fire of Sinai is dangerous if you consider he can Makakaja... until you realize when he starts casting Makakaja HE BASICALLY STOPS CASTING DEKAJA ON YOU. This renders his Makakajaing USELESS since he can just you can just buff yourself. He does not improve in DDS except maybe replacing his one hit physical attack with Revelation and gains Mind Charge. In fact he gets worse in comparison to bugboy up there since you don't have to burn two skill slots to prevent you being autokilled. In DDS, he still barely knows he can Dekaja so he sucks as a boss.  

He even has WAY WORSE IMMUNITIES as bugboy in DDS suddenly becomes almost Masakados-level immunity wise in DDS. (Immune to all but Phys, Fire, Almighty, Metatron just gets standard boss immunity); This despite the fact you have to do way more work to even get to Metatron... including FIVE annoying optional bosses that all have better immunities by leaps and bounds. He has bar none the worst optional boss immunities in the entire game, and is overall the easiest optional despite the fact he requires the third most work to get to.

It's like... what the fuck here. That's just insane.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print