Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 06:16:58
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Doctor Who (Read 3331 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Doctor Who
01/28/08 at 00:42:51

Although vastly different from the Megaten universe, I was just wondering if anyone on these boards also enjoys Dr. Who.  I think it's probably the best sci fi television show/universe out there.  When I was little, my parents quickly supplemented care bears with daleks, and ever since then I've been hooked.  I especially love David Tennant's portrayal of the tenth doctor, if not for any other reason except that he is irresistibly adorable.  

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Jamndude
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Doctor Who
Reply #1 - 01/28/08 at 01:52:57

No comment on the appearance of any of the doctors...however, yeah, it's a very interesting series.

And LONG.  I don't think any non news program has run longer than doctor who.  I mean, the first few seasons were in black and white and they're STILL makeing new episodes.  (ok, there was about 17 years where they stopped, but still).  Unfortunately, i've only seen a few scattered episodes, so I'm not the most familiar person with the series.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #2 - 01/29/08 at 15:24:48

I used to watch it quite a fair bit. I found it to be enjoyable.

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #3 - 03/21/08 at 19:40:14

I am obsessed with Doctor Who, and I can't wait for Series 4 to start. I don't know anyone who likes this show, so it's nice to come here and find another fan. And I will second his adorableness Smiley !

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #4 - 03/24/08 at 23:10:46

Haha, I think David Tennant is a bit overwhelmed by his popularity/transformation into something of a gay icon.  But, hey... he's tall, dark, handsome (in my opinion), and who can resist a man who can so aptly handle his sonic screwdriver.  

I wonder how Donna Noble will work as his new sidekick?  I honestly am going to miss Martha... she has definitely been my favorite sidekick in the new series.  Apparently Davros is going to be returning in series 4.  Personally, I would like to see more Time Lord rivals/enemies--like the Rani.  She's known for her dabbling in genetic modification.  Paired with Davros (which would be totally jacking off fans) there would be no limits to what evil could be concocted.

neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #5 - 03/26/08 at 04:14:11

David Tennant dark?

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #6 - 03/26/08 at 14:25:47

Okay okay, in the slightest of senses: dark hair and dark eyes.  (When you're nearly Aryan, it makes a big difference.  Tongue)

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 03/29/08 at 01:21:27

I just started watching the new series this week.  I'm working my way though the 3rd season right now.  I've enjoyed it a lot, I'm going to hate having to wait for new episodes.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #8 - 03/30/08 at 00:04:04

Fortunately, the 4th series begins April 5th I believe.  Although it won't be aired in the United States for a while probably, so we'll be waiting a little bit, but not THAT long.  The 4th series may be the best yet, and with so many rumors behind the set, like that it may be Russell T Davies last season as producer, I'm sure it's just going to be super charged with stuff for fans.  

Since I've been hella busy at school, I think there are a lot of gaps in my 3rd season viewing.  I definitely need to repair them.

neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #9 - 03/30/08 at 04:41:47

Ah.
Television doesn't really hold my attention much any more, but I am going to start watching Doctor Who again.

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #10 - 04/01/08 at 20:28:27

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that sci-fi will start playing series 4 in may, so since it starts on sat in the uk that's not too bad of a difference. As far as Donna's concerned, The Runaway Bride is one of my fav episodes so i'm pretty happy. I also read that she won't be alone, she'll eventually be joined by Martha, Jack, Sarah Jane, and even Rose! If that's true this season is gonna rock!

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #11 - 04/01/08 at 23:18:15

I'll just download the episodes after they come out in the U.K.  That way I have to wait even less time.  Plus I'm terrible at actually sitting down and watching tv.  I do better with DVDs and downloads.

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #12 - 04/01/08 at 23:32:58

Yeah, who am I kidding? I ain't gonna wait till may! I just was afraid somebody would get on my ass about piracy or something. I'll still get the dvd, but that won't be till november.

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 04/01/08 at 23:52:17

It's ok to talk about downloading crap and stuff. A large part of the English SMT community has been only able to enjoy many of the games though roms and emulation, so it's just part of the community.  I just wouldn't start providing links to stuff for download to anyone in the forms.

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #14 - 04/02/08 at 02:15:23

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. It's nice to see things are pretty mellow here these days. I used to lurk back in the day, and it seemed that topics had a tendency to get heated(pun intended). As for downloads/translations, I'm looking forward to the IS translation. Playing EP was like a turning point in my life! I felt totally gipped when I found out it was only half a story, I mean that was years ago and I'm still bitter. So needless to say, when I found out about the translation it was like a ray of light shining through a stormy sky, lol. But I'll stop with that, I saw where that topic went! But to get back on track, Did anyone see the Series four trailer? I heard that giant claw thing might be part of davros. And what's up with Martha? All green and goopy? That better be a clone or something! If she dies or goes evil, I'm gonna be upset. Damn I love this show!

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print