Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 06:31:50
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Your favorite movies (Read 3752 times)
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Your favorite movies
05/30/08 at 02:59:16

Not necessarily in this order:

Bladerunner - because of the most charming female character ever
Dom za vjesanje (Time of the Gypsies) - the only movie where you can feel magic
Smoke - cigarettes taste so good while watching this movie
Oldboy - breaking the standards
Akira - best anime ever
Hotaru no haka - it made me cry, I only watched it once because of that (sniff)
Mediterraneo - because the place where the story happens is like heaven on earth
El laberinto del Fauno - best fairytale
Brahm Stoker's Dracula - best lovestory (except for the terrible actor Keanu Reeves)
Chungking Express - another best lovestory
Leon the Professional - I don't like modern French movies, but this one is excellent
De fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain - even better than Leon
The Departed - this is how american movies should be today
I Kina spiser de Hunde - Danish lol
Nattevagten - Danish lol
Amarcord - Italian lol
Abre los ojos - ( The original Vanilla Sky)
Forrest Gump - great insight in the modern American history

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Re: Your favorite movies
Reply #1 - 05/31/08 at 04:24:58

like, Dagon, because fish people, Gremlins because I dunnu, just funny I guess, and I guess Blade Runner because its a decent noir story, and has robots. To Cast a Deadly Spell was a decent noir story too, with magic too. Rocky Horror was ok, I just like the music I guess. Streets of Fire was ok. It was kinda silly though. Night of the Living Dead was the only horror movie that actually scared the crap outa me, so I guess I got a place for that. On that subject, Return of the Living Dead was prolly my favorite sequel, maybe tied with Gremlins 2. I dunno.

View Profile   IP Logged
Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #2 - 05/31/08 at 05:31:10

I'll second Night of the Living Dead. Anything with zombies freaks me the f**k out. I know I'll probably get made fun of for this, but I really liked The Others. I must have seen that movie twenty times and every time its on, I have to watch it. As for Forrest Gump, God, I refuse to watch that movie. I couldn't keep a dry eye even if I tried. I alway's find myself Ballin' by the time it ends. It's embarrassing.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #3 - 05/31/08 at 11:19:46

Quote from Alizarin on 05/31/08 at 04:24:58:
like, Dagon, because fish people, Gremlins because I dunnu, just funny I guess, and I guess Blade Runner because its a decent noir story, and has robots. To Cast a Deadly Spell was a decent noir story too, with magic too. Rocky Horror was ok, I just like the music I guess. Streets of Fire was ok. It was kinda silly though. Night of the Living Dead was the only horror movie that actually scared the crap outa me, so I guess I got a place for that. On that subject, Return of the Living Dead was prolly my favorite sequel, maybe tied with Gremlins 2. I dunno.

Blade Runner has replicants, not robots. They are "more human than human".  Smiley Wanna get scared? Try "The Changeling". "The Others" is very good, too.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #4 - 06/01/08 at 00:23:01

Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising
American Gangster
Dr. No, Man With the Golden Gun, View to a Kill, Live and Let Die, Goldfinger
Legend
Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection (I used to dislike Alien 3 until I watched all the "bonus material" on the DVD - learning about it made me appreciate moreso, since there was so much info they cut out. The "wooden planet" was a really awesome idea, too bad it wasn't practical)
Predator, Predator 2 (no I haven't and refuse to watch the versus movies thanks)
Akira (is pretty awesome, I wish I could see the subbed version)
Airplane!
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back (I think AT-AT's are the coolest thing for some reason)
..I'm probably forgetting some, oh well

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #5 - 06/01/08 at 01:13:54

Quote from Aleph on 05/31/08 at 11:19:46:

Blade Runner has replicants, not robots. They are "more human than human". Smiley Wanna get scared? Try "The Changeling". "The Others" is very good, too.

Replicants were organic robots. At least, thats what they were in "Do androids dream of electric sheep?"

I didn't really like The Others. The Changeling sounds familiar. I mentioned Dagon, but forgot to mention From Beyond, Re-Animator, The Call of Cthulhu, and the Re-Animator sequels. They aren't really my favorites, but they are a few lovecraftian based movies I like, so there they go.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #6 - 06/01/08 at 01:16:56

Quote from SHODAN on 06/01/08 at 00:23:01:

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection (I used to dislike Alien 3 until I watched all the "bonus material" on the DVD - learning about it made me appreciate moreso, since there was so much info they cut out. The "wooden planet" was a really awesome idea, too bad it wasn't practical)
Predator, Predator 2

I left those out for some reason, probably because like the movies listed in my second post, they are not favorites. Still, I like them lots (Alien Resurrection in particular. Maybe because Winona Rider[sic?] was a robot, and weapon equiped wheelchairs.)

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #7 - 06/02/08 at 02:04:39

RemindsQuote from Alizarin on 06/01/08 at 01:13:54:
Quote from Aleph on 05/31/08 at 11:19:46:

Blade Runner has replicants, not robots. They are "more human than human".  Smiley Wanna get scared? Try "The Changeling". "The Others" is very good, too.

Replicants were organic robots. At least, thats what they were in "Do androids dream of electric sheep?"

I didn't really like The Others. The Changeling sounds familiar. I mentioned Dagon, but forgot to mention From Beyond, Re-Animator, The Call of Cthulhu, and the Re-Animator sequels. They aren't really my favorites, but they are a few lovecraftian based movies I like, so there they go.

I didn't like the novel for some reason. I simply expected too much after the movie. The Changeling is about that piano player living in a haunted house. It's similar to The Shining, only much more scarier.
How could I forget Silence of the lambs?! Alien is very good, too.
And yes, I liked The Chinese Ghost Story very much. That guy running through the woods and singing, building his courage up.  Smiley Reminds me of myself, I was maybe 13. I was hitchhiking the whole night. At some point I was walking the road surrounded by woods. I got so scared, I started to sing.

View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #8 - 06/06/08 at 18:55:43

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Purely for how bad it is.

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Reply #9 - 06/07/08 at 00:24:06

Se7en. Great blend of religion, crime and psychology

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
RMarqeus
Less Newbies

Banned

Reply #10 - 06/07/08 at 15:58:45

I hate Forrest Gump.I think it's a horribly overrated, emotional manipulative movie with a hidden agenda.My favorite movies are Radio and Patch Adams.

View Profile   IP Logged
Angel Heart
Less Newbies

The Devil That Lives
In Georgia

Reply #11 - 06/07/08 at 21:54:30

Quote from H3at on 06/07/08 at 15:58:45:
I hate Forrest Gump.I think it's a horribly overrated, emotional manipulative movie with a hidden agenda.My favorite movies are Radio and Patch Adams.

what could/would this said hidden agenda be? Forrest Gump may be over hyped a tad bit but's it's a good movie

Moo
View Profile   IP Logged
Ayato
Less Newbies

long live the new
flesh

Reply #12 - 06/08/08 at 00:39:51

Videodrome
Eraserhead
Blue Velvet
Blade Runner
Holy Mountain
Network
Amelie
Good the bad and the Ugly
Ghost in the shell
Fear and Loathing in las vegas
Brazil
Ikiru
Suspiria

Email View Profile Ayato9   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #13 - 06/08/08 at 21:20:24

Quote from neonecron on 06/06/08 at 18:55:43:
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Purely for how bad it is.

This movie is awesome.

..which reminds me, another of my favorites is The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.

"..you big...bony...idiot..!"

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #14 - 06/08/08 at 22:55:19

How about Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?  A personal favorite of mine if we are talking about "so bad it's good."

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print