Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 09:02:17
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
I cant wait for this (Read 2760 times)
mknzy
Global Moderator

Hell Biker

I cant wait for this
07/02/08 at 23:37:49

View Profile WWW mknzy mknzy 1099850 JoshFicter   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: I cant wait for this
Reply #1 - 07/03/08 at 01:02:01

Just another reason to love your DS.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #2 - 07/03/08 at 01:22:51

When I saw that watch (clock?) ticking, I thought they were releasing a new sequel for the Chrono series! It almost gave me an heart attack.  Wink And then... deep disappointment.

« Last Edit: 07/03/08 at 06:24:40 by Skuggiköttur »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #3 - 07/03/08 at 01:24:28

Oh boy. Another port.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #4 - 07/03/08 at 09:24:04

I'm excited.

But I'm the biggest CT fangirl ever ever ever and will just buy it to have the new features, multiplayer and dual screen crap.

I'll admit it's dumb, but hey, as long as it doesn't suffer from Chronicles slowdown, I'll be fine.

Square knows they can't do jack shit with Chrono Trigger besides remake the original over and over. Look at Cross. Game sucked. (it wasn't THAT bad but it was no Trigger)

Unless they get Horii, Toriyama and the rest together again...

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #5 - 07/03/08 at 16:01:38

Quote from SHODAN on 07/03/08 at 09:24:04:

According to wikipedia, final fantasy 11 is the reason the CT group can't be got together. Fucking MMOs

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #6 - 07/04/08 at 01:24:37

Quote from SHODAN on 07/03/08 at 09:24:04:
I'm excited.

But I'm the biggest CT fangirl ever ever ever and will just buy it to have the new features, multiplayer and dual screen crap.

I'll admit it's dumb, but hey, as long as it doesn't suffer from Chronicles slowdown, I'll be fine.

Square knows they can't do jack shit with Chrono Trigger besides remake the original over and over. Look at Cross. Game sucked. (it wasn't THAT bad but it was no Trigger)

Well Shodan, I must say I totally disagree (even 90% of the fans prefer Trigger over Cross). The only game I like more than CT is FF 7.

« Last Edit: 07/04/08 at 03:40:50 by Skuggiköttur »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #7 - 07/04/08 at 11:39:29

ff7 ew

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Ikkaris
Less Newbies

The Amazing
Sword-swallowing Man

Reply #8 - 07/04/08 at 15:52:41

Ugh, already been, already seen.
They should at least port Radical Dreamers or some other game we havent seen to death before.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #9 - 07/04/08 at 19:22:04

Quote from Aleph on 07/04/08 at 01:24:37:

Well Shodan, I must say I totally disagree (even 90% of the fans prefer Trigger over Cross). The only game I like more than CT is FF 7.

Did you misread my post? Also FF7 is horrible, why the hell do you like a sorta good series like Megaten if you like that crap so much? Cross is better than it and its plot was summed up in eight paragraphs at the end of the game. At least the plot was summed up at all, though

Also well, now my hatred of MMOs has escalated even moreso

Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #10 - 07/05/08 at 02:29:38

Quote from SHODAN on 07/04/08 at 19:22:04:
Quote from Aleph on 07/04/08 at 01:24:37:

Did you misread my post? Also FF7 is horrible, why the hell do you like a sorta good series like Megaten if you like that crap so much? Cross is better than it and its plot was summed up in eight paragraphs at the end of the game. At least the plot was summed up at all, though

Also well, now my hatred of MMOs has escalated even moreso

Calling FF VII horrible? LOL! What do you think about Vagrant Story? I just saw my earlier reply, it should say: "The only game I like more than Chrono Cross is FF VII (not Chrono Trigger)".

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #11 - 07/05/08 at 23:23:41

Ohhh no wonder I misunderstood it.

Vagrant Story was okay, I don't recall the plot much but the setting and some of the characters were well fleshed out, you know the exact opposite of FF7

And Cross also yeah, alot of people don't like that one either. It was pretty to look at but lacked a solid story, and it wasn't their fault partially...was the fact they didn't have enough time to work on it, plus all those fucking extra characters. They'd make a polygonal character and then go "WE SHOULD MAKE THIS PLAYABLE" and it was just dumb.

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #12 - 07/17/08 at 13:26:09

I was never that into Chrono Trigger, I can pass on this.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 07/22/08 at 20:37:32

I don't think this game will be as fun after so many years. I hate to sound like a youngster, but these remade games just feel archaic at times. I hope they really try to jazz it up or something.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #14 - 07/24/08 at 04:58:57

I'm not even that much of a fan, but I'd have to disagree.  This is one of those games that honestly, in my opinion, plays just as well as any "modern" game.  I think from the 16-bit era, there are just a handful of RPGs that really hit the mark, as far as pacing, story, sound, and if nothing else, certainly the "fun factor" are concerned.  I mean, honestly, when you look at games like Lunar Eternal Blue, there hasn't been any successor to speak of since it's debut in 95.  The game still plays beautifully, even in its most primitive form, and in my opinion, is way more enjoyable than a lot of the swill that has been coming our way lately.  Honestly, most of the newer rpgs I've been picking up kind of suck compared to the games I played "in my youth."  I don't think it's even sentimentality.  I think it's mostly just the half-hearted attempts to make old new.  

Given that this probably won't have slowdown like the PS port, I am pretty excited to get to play it on my DS.  I was a Sega kid, so I never played Chrono Trigger on the SNES, but I really enjoyed it in FFChronicles, except the slowdown.  The pick up in the pacing will be appreciated, and I am really interested to see how the touch screen will add to the gameplay.

Spider Bike

Reply #15 - 07/24/08 at 21:37:31

Quote from Sir_Asura on 07/24/08 at 04:58:57:
I am really interested to see how the touch screen will add to the gameplay.

It wont, unless its for some shitty gimmick. Also: Lunar is mediocre.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #16 - 07/25/08 at 01:33:36

Lunar next to its contemporaries is a gem.  Call me a sucker, but I think it's where Working Designs shined.  If you experienced Eternal Blue on the Sega CD, then it was anything but mediocre.  I think the PSX remakes left plenty to be desired, although both were still extremely enjoyable in my opinion.  

I mean, yeah, The Silver Star was really rough, especially in retrospect, but even if you choose to "poo poo" that, everyone's entitled to a piece of shit once in a while.  I mean, let me put it this way.  There's a charm to the original Lunar titles, especially captured in their respective casts, that has never graced a single Square Enix game.

Spider Bike

Reply #17 - 07/25/08 at 04:37:45

Quote from Sir_Asura on 07/25/08 at 01:33:36:
Lunar next to its contemporaries is a gem. Call me a sucker, but I think it's where Working Designs shined. If you experienced Eternal Blue on the Sega CD, then it was anything but mediocre. I think the PSX remakes left plenty to be desired, although both were still extremely enjoyable in my opinion.

I mean, yeah, The Silver Star was really rough, especially in retrospect, but even if you choose to "poo poo" that, everyone's entitled to a piece of shit once in a while. I mean, let me put it this way. There's a charm to the original Lunar titles, especially captured in their respective casts, that has never graced a single Square Enix game.

Wasn't the psx version just a port? I only played the cd versions, so I have no clue.Its still a mediocre game. Character charm aside (which is a questionable claim given some of the cast,) the game still has some big flaws. Also: what brought up the mention of Square Enix; not like I really have to ask.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #18 - 07/25/08 at 06:33:46

Quote from Alizarin on 07/25/08 at 04:37:45:

Wasn't the psx version just a port? I only played the cd versions, so I have no clue.

They re-did the soundtrack, graphics and animation, and re-wrote the backstory and history of Lunar. Also, the main game is slightly shorter.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #19 - 07/25/08 at 17:12:31

I'll prolly get it. CT is a timeless classic, and unlike the early FF games it's graphics style doesn't need updating. CT pushed the SNES to its limits so there's very little they can do to "update" it without going 3D (which could ruin its innate style).

Quote:
Also FF7 is horrible, why the hell do you like a sorta good series like Megaten if you like that crap so much?

So what, because you don't like a game/series anyone that does is instantly wrong and a bad gamer? =P I like the original FFVII, although I am getting sick of how they're bleeding it with many worthless sub-games. FFVII certainly didn't age well though. No sir. Not like Trigger. On the whole I like the FF series. But that's it. Like. I wouldn't bother with all the stupid sub-games they release on different systems.

Quote:

CC was okay as a game in itself, but as a direct sequal to CT it sucked. It pretty much just threw so many characters at you they all lost meaning... which is fine when compared to Suikoden or something, but they were all so individual in CT it seemed wrong. It was just a big let down to the fans, not an actually bad game...

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print