Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/29/24 at 06:40:39
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Whats the status of the Innocent sin patch? (Read 24461 times)
Radish
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Whats the status of the Innocent sin patch?
Reply #15 - 02/09/08 at 11:17:37

Nice to see this is still being worked on as of last November although I still think that translating everything over again is reinventing the wheel.

« Last Edit: 02/09/08 at 14:15:19 by Radish »  
Email View Profile   IP Logged
OneWingedSin
Less Newbies

I love Philemon!

Reply #16 - 02/19/08 at 11:57:46

Uhm, the script has been translated for a LONG time now, another group did it awhile ago. As for 'sequel/prequel' Innocent Sin is the first HALF of the story, though they're both relatively standalone. I've also never seen anything where people are trying to patch the game, even though it has been completely translated (dialogue at least).

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #17 - 02/19/08 at 12:18:04

Quote from OneWingedSin on 02/19/08 at 11:57:46:
Uhm, the script has been translated for a LONG time now, another group did it awhile ago. As for 'sequel/prequel' Innocent Sin is the first HALF of the story, though they're both relatively standalone. I've also never seen anything where people are trying to patch the game, even though it has been completely translated (dialogue at least).

Yes, they may have translated the script but there are two problems:
1) They didn't translate the people you can chat with around town
2) In in a script dump from the game, it's not going to be in some order like the story, bits and pieces can be in a lot of places.  From what I gather the new English script would have to be inserted in the same order the original Japanese one came out.  So that would still take time even if they re-use the other script as not everyone is going to translate everything the same word for word that make make this step even more confusing.

OneWingedSin
Less Newbies

I love Philemon!

Reply #18 - 02/19/08 at 15:59:41

True. I guess it'll all have to be done from scratch again, and that'll be a LOT of work, and then you just pray you got it all right, since some things may need to be TLed in context.

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #19 - 03/03/08 at 10:31:30

Here is a link to the blog for the Innocent Sin translation project:
http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #20 - 03/03/08 at 20:35:00

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

Louis Cypher

Reply #21 - 03/05/08 at 10:53:50

A double patch in the realm of Gideon would be cute.

---

And yes I noticed what it was an example of, fact is your sarcasm was utterly wasted on me since I never mentioned it specifically. Try harder.

---

...It's an old stereotype because to an extent it IS TRUE, as a lot of stereotypes tend to be to a point (that's why they exist, they tend to be an efficient generalization for many people). You can fudge the truth all you want, but while English is a popular secondary language in Japan it is not usually spoken too well. This isn't rocket science, not everybody is Akira Yamaoka.  

---

While I am guilty of hyperbole to an extent (though I feel it is justified, RPGOne suffered from a dry translation with similar reasoning), the point I am very amused to make is that you pulled an even worse stunt... Oh sure, like I believe this phantom 'everyone', who at best could possibly be a closed-in group of asskissers not quite unlike yourself, whoever you are. Like I'm supposed to take the word of somebody involved with this at face value, right.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #22 - 03/05/08 at 11:31:58

I can't believe translators still have their heads so far up their asses to make the L = R mistake these days. Lucca from Chrono Trigger should not be "Rukka"..Alucard from Hellsing is not "Arucard".. Making anal changes like that is a waste of effort. They could be taking time translating the script but no.

It's the reason I won't play the BoF 2 translation. ..well okay, the guy doing that thinks he's some sort of comic genius and is ruining the script with needless "jokes" as well.

Regardless this game looks cool enough, I'd still play it. And Tallgeese and I could go "hahaha look they translated that one wrong too", it'll be like playing a game of I Spy. GO GO DEPRESSING VIOLENCE

ryu
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #23 - 03/05/08 at 12:20:33

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/05/08 at 10:53:50:
A double patch in the realm of Gideon would be cute.

Gideon Zhi seriously working on the Playstation? In your wet dreams.

Quote:
You can fudge the truth all you want, but while English is a popular secondary language in Japan it is not usually spoken too well. This isn't rocket science, not everybody is Akira Yamaoka.

That's funny. If you go around in Shibuya and ask for directions, they will answer you in English, even if you asked them in Japanese. I mean, I asked an old lady and she answered in perfect English. Maybe the stereotype was valid 15-20 years ago, but nowadays their English evolved "a little".

Quote:
Oh sure, like I believe this phantom 'everyone', who at best could possibly be a closed-in group of asskissers not quite unlike yourself, whoever you are.

From what I've seen around the net, many didn't even know about the project, and still they didn't complain about the script or the nomenclature. How many asskissers there could be out there going nice and cutie only because they want this translation so badly? I think not many, but strangely enough I've found trolls and haters only here. Figures. I guess Shadowsithe was right after all. No matter what you do, there will always be a shitstorm somewhere. Jeez, this place was so nicer before it went 2.0.

On the whole Meghid vs Megido question, here goes something interesting. Looks like both spellings are correct, and the tarots clearly state which one Atlus JP went for.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #24 - 03/05/08 at 13:28:04

Stop, with this argument or I am going to lock this thread.  I moved the argument posts and locked them for a reason.

Spider Bike

Reply #25 - 03/05/08 at 18:56:51

I think internet arguments are more fun.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #26 - 03/05/08 at 19:18:05

Ryu... sigh, you don't shut up do you?

1) I never referred to Gideon working on the Playstation (I know damn well from what I've seen from Soul Hackers the odds of him completing a project on a console above 16 bit is negligible), I referred to how he released dual patches for MegaMan and Bass.

2) And? Your point is? One personal experience does not invalidate years of mistakes. You fail hard.

3) Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. How can they complain about the nomenclature in the event that they don't know about the project? Ahahaha, 'trolls and haters' coming from the guy who registered just to post filth in the vein of Aerdan.

Or we can take the path of least resistance and most sense, that being that Atlus JP is wrong about an non-Japanese transliteration of something, and... pretty much everybody else is right, similarly how that h in dhain is not usually there. This is not hard to grasp: THE JAPANESE ARE FALLABLE,.

Say it with me now, I know it's hard for your sensibilities but you can do it if try really hard!

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #27 - 03/05/08 at 19:26:53

Quote:
I think not many, but strangely enough I've found trolls and haters only here.

"Trolls and haters" are not what people normally consider "persons that speak out who don't agree with your opinion".

Just FYI. Continue bashing your head against the immovable slab of expensive Italian marble known as Tallgeese, or you know, you both can just drop it since this will go nowhere

Spider Bike

Reply #28 - 03/05/08 at 19:31:34

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/05/08 at 19:18:05:
Ryu... sigh, you don't shut up do you?

1) I never referred to Gideon working on the Playstation (I know damn well from what I've seen from Soul Hackers the odds of him completing a project on a console above 16 bit is negligible), I referred to how he released dual patches for MegaMan and Bass.

2) And? Your point is? One personal experience does not invalidate years of mistakes. You fail hard.

3) Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. How can they complain about the nomenclature in the event that they don't know about the project? Ahahaha, 'trolls and haters' coming from the guy who registered just to post filth in the vein of Aerdan.

Or we can take the path of least resistance and most sense, that being that Atlus JP is wrong about an non-Japanese transliteration of something, and... pretty much everybody else is right, similarly how that h in dhain is not usually there. This is not hard to grasp: THE JAPANESE ARE FALLABLE,.

Say it with me now, I know it's hard for your sensibilities but you can do it if try really hard!

You need to be careful about what you say. Mostly because he wont understand you. He'll just hear "blah blah blah "insult" towards MY MOST FAVORITE COUNTRY EVER blah blah blah. And then he'll summon ninja. How you may ask? The material components are unbroken pocky and an untranslated Naruto Manga (Now you can experience it the way the manga-ka intended!)

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #29 - 03/05/08 at 19:36:18

...but those ninja, they're neon orange

Personally, ninjas that wear bright colors don't seem to do very well in combat, I dunno

...or maybe they're like neon vests deer hunters wear? "You must wear these to avoid hitting each other with your jutsu"

I assume jutsu is some kind of laser beam/Dragonball ripoff thing, I have no idea

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print