Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/29/24 at 11:45:53
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Whats the status of the Innocent sin patch? (Read 24469 times)
Louis Cypher

Re: Whats the status of the Innocent sin patch?
Reply #45 - 03/06/08 at 10:57:42

Brand switched forums since phpBB3 is crap and phpBB2 is simply inadequate bot protection wise.

Wonder if it was the same woman. Kekeke.

Here I was wondering for awhile if Ryu was you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #46 - 03/06/08 at 11:42:13

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/06/08 at 10:57:42:
Brand switched forums since phpBB3 is crap and phpBB2 is simply inadequate bot protection wise.

Yeah, but wasn't there a front page? I remember something like a portal, but I could be mistaking it with BBS. Also nice how's finally got ridden of that "email me to ask for account activation". I remember I had a hard time the first time I tried to register and then, when the db was reset, I gave up to register again.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #47 - 03/06/08 at 14:33:00

I... don't remember a frontpage.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #48 - 03/06/08 at 14:45:52

There is this:
http://www.popanime.net/megami/

For a short time I did have some portal type page, but it didn't last very long, and it was years ago at this point.  I've been meaning to update the site forever, but stuff like that has taken a back seat to the rest of my life.  

I really didn't like the email for account activation either but it was the only want to stop uber spam on phpBB2 it was so bad.   cry

So that's why the new board.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #49 - 03/06/08 at 14:52:14

I know how that feels. I get things done in big spurts.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #50 - 03/06/08 at 15:12:42

Quote from Tallgeese on 03/06/08 at 14:52:14:
I know how that feels. I get things done in big spurts.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #51 - 03/06/08 at 15:32:13

That's fucking funny because I was going to say that

And he does get things done in big spurts NAWHATI'MSAYIN'

Louis Cypher

Reply #52 - 03/06/08 at 15:44:10

I worded it that way for you~

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #53 - 03/06/08 at 16:10:54

You're terrible making me walk into a trap like that.  embarrassed

DevilRy
Ex Member

Reply #54 - 03/14/08 at 11:37:00

Ah the Large Bird still has his cadre of eager dick suckers I see...

Honestly, who gives a fuck what the translator(s) goes with?  Aren't you happy to even see the game is being translated into English in the first place or are you so unaccountably anal you can't handle the presence of an 'h' in a spell name?

Talk about non-appreciative.

IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #55 - 03/14/08 at 11:47:49

Quote from DevilRy on 03/14/08 at 11:37:00:

Honestly, who gives a fuck what the translator(s) goes with? Aren't you happy to even see the game is being translated into English in the first place or are you so unaccountably anal you can't handle the presence of an 'h' in a spell name?

Actually, I'm not happy. I can play the game fine in japanese. If I'm going to play the game in english, I don't want some sort of weeaboo wet dream of a translation.  I'm sure people are appreciative the the translation, but the fact is, the translation is wrong.

The problem, is ATLUS jp made some engrishy mistakes, and the translators are keeping it.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #56 - 03/14/08 at 11:56:01

Quote from DevilRy on 03/14/08 at 11:37:00:

Well when you've got a dick that big--

Quote:
Honestly, who gives a fuck what the translator(s) goes with? Aren't you happy to even see the game is being translated into English in the first place or are you so unaccountably anal you can't handle the presence of an 'h' in a spell name?

I personally give a fuck, because again...why are THEY being anal about spell names and "re-translating" them when they can just use the same spell names that THE EBIL ATLUS USA (PS: they're translators too FYI, just being paid) already were using?

They could use that time to translate the story/script. It's just pointless and being anal about japanese, which usually is an either/or type of thing in the first place.

It's just a shame because most translators are either anal, add their own sense of "comedy" (which is incredibly skewed), or are complete assholes.

For instance, the Chrono Trigger retranslation was something I was very much looking forward to. They did a great job, yes, but the shit like "Queen Leene-sama" and Masa calling Mune "nii-san" got on my nerves completely. They are in a medieval setting...why are they talking like otaku-fags? I could understand if they were in a japanese highschool or something. But they're not. And the -sama isn't even needed for QUEEN Leene. We get the idea that people respect her, she's the fucking queen. We don't need a suffix to tell us that.

Otherwise I loved the translation. But so...I have to be so appreciative of it that I should kiss their feet and not mention a word of critique to them? Fuck that. Too many damn people on the internet that are made of glass.

It doesn't help either when a slight critique is mentioned and some asskisser/whoever comes screaming that we're all "trollers and flamers" for speaking an opinion that isn't GASP positive. Paste the translation up on mommy's fridge and not the internet if you don't want critique on it.

TL;DR version = We shouldn't kiss translator's asses blindly just because they're doing us a service

DevilRy
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 03/14/08 at 13:16:20

There's quite a big difference between a "critique" and being just plain nit-picky.  The spell names have nothing to do with the storyline/characters/et al, yet people are pissed off at them for being too "Engrish?"  The spell names aren't even supposed to BE in English in the first place, they're just made-up words/mantra like an incantation (albeit with some Sumerian/something similar basis).  They don't even stay the same between series in Japanese as anyone who has played the Devil Summoner games can attest to.

P.S. You guys ARE flamers.  You don't have to lie/fool yourself.

IP Logged
Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #58 - 03/14/08 at 13:28:41

I'm at the point where I don't care simply because of multiple factors including the fact I probably won't ever get around to playing it.

And as much as I'm detached from Tallgeese and SHODAN, I see where they're coming from whereas DevilRy I don't.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #59 - 03/14/08 at 15:16:43

From now on, I am going to refer to tallgoose as large bird. Because it reminds of those 4chan threads a while back that were all "look at this white cat/running bear/grinman/excited black man/404 girl."

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print