Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/02/24 at 18:01:20
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
So when SMT 4 Comes Out (Read 17943 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: So when SMT 4 Comes Out
Reply #45 - 04/04/08 at 00:09:02

Then I'll let it drop, my apologies.  I misinterpreted your reaction to my comments.  At any rate, I have every intention of ending my tantrum; it's clearly unproductive, and I don't want to sour my relationships with anyone on this board.  Hopefully Tallgeese, our P3 haters "social link" isn't reversed or broken.

And out of completely unrelated interest, were you the member that either on the old or new boards disliked the fact that Persona 3 classified Lucifer as Star?  In a British Literature class I have been taking recently we were discussing, I think, how William Blake drew an allusion to the understanding of Lucifer as the brightest star.  It could've been someone else, but it immediately reminded me of the comments on this board.  I'll try to drag up the reference at any rate next time I see the point being discussed. I think for whoever it was that questioned that, this provides a cultural context that makes Atlus' classification of Lucifer under star appropriate.

To return this thread back to something of its namesake, should an SMT4 come out, how overt a connection do you think it will have to Nocturne?  Do you think that the connection will be solely game play based, or a sly continuation that opens room for interpretation of what developers intend as the true ending of Nocturne?  I mean, basically, will it be easter eggs (kind of like what we got in Nocturne as a successor to SMT 1 and 2) or will it be just like a game in a similar vein, etc?  Marketing wise, what do you think has the best chance of reaching development?

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #46 - 04/04/08 at 00:19:58

Lucifer's name means 'Light Bringer" or so forth. His title is also the 'Morning Star". I simply didn't think that other than that title he had any business being in the Star arcanum as opposed to Devil arcanum. I mean, I think most would say his status as a fallen personification of evil trumps whatever status he had as a bright star.

It's also fairly obvious that Atlus was deliberately ignoring his nature in Judeo-Christianity, as they put his Devil form in Judgment in FES.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #47 - 04/04/08 at 00:43:57

Yeah, I just saw that on the wiki page and was like wtf?  Lucifer has no business being in Judgment.  I think that maybe the star arcana shouldn't be seen solely as a pure bright guiding light--maybe it could also be associated with the arrogance of Lucifer.  It is unconventional in consideration of the traditional attributes associated with the Star arcana, like tranquility, calmness, purity, blah blah blah, but stars are like an ideological mirroring and division of light/God.  Even if Lucifer is fallen, I don't think he's necessarily one and the same with entities under the Devil arcana like Beelzebub, which are truly demonic at the core of their being.  In short, devil in my opinion is just a little bit of an understatement for Lucifer.  Beelzebub isn't a traitor, he does his job, Lucifer is.  Lucifer wasn't designed to torment or deviate mankind, and so his fall could be seen as much as a punishment as it is a change of what he is.   I mean, there are certainly many many aspects of the devil arcana that fit Lucifer though, and yeah, I wouldn't complain if he was classified as Devil... Your argument makes sense.  I think one other idea that could keep Lucifer in star though is the moral implications of his arrogance--this is kind of like a check and balance to the nature of the Star arcana--there is a darker side to it.  A star like Lucifer should never assume it is as light and equal as God.  His place in the arcana allows for the overall meaning of the arcana to take on more dimension.

Louis Cypher

Reply #48 - 04/04/08 at 00:50:36

The problem is that meaning is kinda lost when he's more powerful  in the game by legions than Messiah, an obvious representation of Christ, who is God... who even makes Light items.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #49 - 04/04/08 at 01:02:32

True story.  

Oh well, the angels are always a disappointment.  Instead of kicking dark attributed things' asses, they just get mauled by them.  There is never an expression of the duality of the angelic figures--well.... there's an expression of half of their duality, the less conventional half, which often makes them something along the lines of the status quo angelic aristocratic dbags from heaven on high.... and that's stupid.  Or at least boring when its done every single time.

I would've liked to see Christ make light items materialize when he maxed out all his skills.  Look guys, I died for you, take this lulz.

Louis Cypher

Reply #50 - 04/04/08 at 01:35:18

Indeed, you can pretty much tell there's no such thing as a balanced viewpoint in SMT, fuck what Kaneko says. The only viewpoints or deities pretty much generally venerated are the Buddhist, Hindu, Japanese, and anti-Christian if given a chance.

View Profile   IP Logged
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #51 - 04/28/08 at 01:30:17

I kinda hope it's true demon because the Neutral thing is getting kind of tired.

View Profile   IP Logged
Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #52 - 04/28/08 at 11:41:26

I don't mind neutral, law and chaos were bunk in 1/2, and the non-neutral philosophies in 3 were really horse doody.

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #53 - 04/28/08 at 15:56:19

Quote from ariseishirou on 04/28/08 at 01:30:17:
I kinda hope it's true demon because the Neutral thing is getting kind of tired.

I wouldn't mind if Law won the next one.

View Profile   IP Logged
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #54 - 04/28/08 at 17:25:54

Quote from Tallgeese on 04/28/08 at 15:56:19:
I wouldn't mind if Law won the next one.

Yeah? I liked Shijima a lot. I just don't see how the Law endings would lend themselves well to a sequel.  

Quote from Isao Kronos on 04/28/08 at 11:41:26:
I don't mind neutral, law and chaos were bunk in 1/2, and the non-neutral philosophies in 3 were really horse doody.

No way, Chaos had the best ending in SMT2. Law was kind of... confusing though, yeah. As for 3, I thought Neutral was probably the WORST ending. I mean, it mean you went though all that for absolutely nothing. It was a waste. I'd take the Reason endings over it.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #55 - 04/28/08 at 22:08:06

If they don't just break away with another story (which seems most likely these days), I'd put my money on neutral or true demon. Prolly true demon.

I'd prolly "like" to see Law get a foot in, but I doubt it would happen...

I felt kinda' ripped off my first play-through though, when I turned down everyone and didn't even get a final battle. =P That'll teach me to not want to kill my friends! I should have known better, really...

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #56 - 04/28/08 at 22:37:46

...Chaos in SMT2 was Lucifer being pretentious as sin.

View Profile   IP Logged
ariseishirou
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #57 - 04/29/08 at 01:05:03

Quote from Tallgeese on 04/28/08 at 22:37:46:
...Chaos in SMT2 was Lucifer being pretentious as sin.

But it's Lucifer, what do you expect? ;3 I liked the attention on the inhabitants of the undercity. On the flip side, Law was wtf, and Neutral was just kinda predictable.

View Profile   IP Logged
neonecron

I Love Jack Frost!
Persona Text?

Reply #58 - 05/13/08 at 19:37:26

It would be nice to see if they could make the next based of True Demon

Here is a signature. I rushed this badly so don't kill yoke.
Email View Profile WWW neonecron   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #59 - 05/16/08 at 21:21:10

You know, I'd rather the next game be like SMT 3, and just sorta stand on its own story-wise.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print