Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 16:57:47
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57139 times)
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona 4
Reply #105 - 05/27/08 at 17:28:32

Nocturne is in reprint though!

View Profile   IP Logged
superviolist
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #106 - 05/27/08 at 23:04:22

Quote from Sir_Asura on 05/25/08 at 02:36:21:
Is there anyone in this community who could reliably translate and relate to us the updates on the official site?

I speak Japanese but I'm a bit forgetful, meaning I wouldn't remember to look for updates. If enough people wanted the updates translated, I could give it a try for a while.

Although this blog does a pretty good job.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #107 - 05/28/08 at 03:11:34

Thanks for the link to that blog.  That's great.  If you ever have anything to add from your own snooping around on the Japanese site, that'd be great too!

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #108 - 05/28/08 at 16:27:59

Huh... Extra stuff to do on the dungeons after they're complete.... Return of the golden enemies perhaps?

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #109 - 05/30/08 at 23:13:02

Yay for the blog link.  Smiley Now I can keep up with the latest P4 news. I think the One More system sounded better on paper, but I'll say this: it certainly makes the usual SMT grinding easier on me. Playing through Nocturne again, I can't imagine how I put up with the slowness of grinding my way to lvl 99.

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #110 - 05/31/08 at 05:59:40

Definite good looks on the link man. That's like CliffsNotes or something for Persona 4 info.  

As for the the extra stuff in old dungeons, maybe that's where you can find the alternate outfits, or joke weapons. Possibly through golden enemies like RMarques suggested. Then again, with the confirmation of request's, maybe there will be even better stuff to find in them.

"Woot! I found some loot!"

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #111 - 06/04/08 at 20:25:53

New Info on our newest scanner, the unfortunately named Rise Kujikawa. Her persona is Himiko a Japanese priestess, I believe. So that might confirm her arcanum as being High Priestess as well.

http://img230.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=56419_p4_122_438lo.jpg

The semi-top idol. She can become the top idol by a few more. But she suddenly stops the activity as the idol and changes her school (first grade).

Wierd. I wonder if this idol referred to in the article is referring to an American Idol type show? I hope not, that'd ruin my theories... Also I love Himiko's design. As with Fuuka, it's a shame I probably won't see her persona very often in-game.

S Link characters
Yumi Ozawa (theatre club) on the left
Ayane Matsunaga (concert band club) on the right

*credit goes to who/where ever RPGMaster of the Gamespot forums got this from.

Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #112 - 06/04/08 at 21:39:26

"Idol" is the term used by Japan to refer to pop stars. So like, Brittany Spears (circa 1999-2000) would be considered an Idol.  Usually they're singers, but they often end up acting and do voice work. 99.9% of things put out by idols is complete crap.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #113 - 06/05/08 at 07:04:06

Quote from Choooo on 06/04/08 at 21:39:26:
"Idol" is the term used by Japan to refer to pop stars. So like, Brittany Spears (circa 1999-2000) would be considered an Idol. Usually they're singers, but they often end up acting and do voice work. 99.9% of things put out by idols is complete crap.

Yes and no. Idol actually refers to young girls (although there's a few guys), who are either in their teens or early twenties, and due to being particularly cute or pretty, are featured on mass media on a regular basis. So, doing voice work, or acting is pretty much a requirement for being an idol. Morning Mosume is a particularly famous Idol group, where everytime one of the girls becomes "too old" or otherwise becomes udesirable, they get replaced.

Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #114 - 06/05/08 at 14:26:23

And they initially get media attention because they're acting or singing.

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #115 - 06/06/08 at 21:33:49

Oh? That's something I didn't know.

Also:

Update to Chie's page with her in a battle
Update to the download section

Controlling other characters seems to be officially confirmed now.

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #116 - 06/08/08 at 02:42:41

Thank god.  There's absolutely nothing "more realistic" about watching your entire party make stupid decisions, like "knocking down" an enemy with single targeting skills instead of ma-whatever skills, etc. and thus wasting all their MP.  

Oh my other favorite is when they would "wait" instead of doing something obscure but probably helpful.... etc.  Or Mind Charge and then use like... Marin Karin... etc. (Mitsuru I am looking at you).

This game looks like it might actually be enjoyable to play the /whole/ way through.  I hope they adjust the idea of the social links so that mastering them all isn't the objective, because that was also a really stupid idea.  How is it realistic or enjoyable at all to have the pressure to master all social links to master the game.  I mean, generally in real life, you don't hang out with the jocks, and the faggy exchange student, and the neurotic art/science prodigy and get along with all of them.  If the mute main character is emblematic of me, then I would probably hate the effeminate Frenchie, be best friends with the unfortunate neurotic culture club kid, prove Akihiko is a fag, and make Mitsuru my hag.  That's how I'd master the Empress arcana--will and grace style--not by giving her "googly eyed idols" on Saturdays (to hell with that shit).

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #117 - 06/08/08 at 06:09:20

Quote from Sir_Asura on 06/08/08 at 02:42:41:
prove Akihiko is a fag

You'd need proof? Seriously, the guy all but dropped down on his knees and proposed to Shinji.

RMarqeus
Less Newbies

Banned

Reply #118 - 06/08/08 at 23:48:22

Is it true that the kids in this game wear glasses to summon Persona??? lmao

View Profile   IP Logged
Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #119 - 06/09/08 at 00:53:41