Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 13:57:57
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57097 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: Persona 4
Reply #120 - 06/09/08 at 03:41:44

Yeah, I agree... the fake suicide was kind of ridiculous.  I did like the noise of glass breaking though every time the persona was summoned.  Honestly, I preferred when there was no "gimmick" and it was just an ability that some people had and others didn't.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Reply #121 - 06/09/08 at 12:07:22

hehee,fake suicide...

"...too much fucking emo it`s false i know..."

i`ve read somewhere that they wear glasses not to summon Personae but to see the Shadows, by the way

View Profile   IP Logged
Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #122 - 06/09/08 at 12:46:35

Yeah, the suicide thing was, pardon my coarse language, retarded.  
The idiot masses: "oooh, look how deep/symbolic/edgy it is!"  
Me: "no actually it's just really stupid"  
The idiot masses: "no really it is deeply symbolic because something about killing off the ego so the id can take over blah blah blah *continues to try and justify the stupidity*"
Me: "no sweetie, when you shoot yourself in the head, you tend to end up either brain-dead or dead period. There is no secondary personality showing up to take over."
The idiot masses: "no it is SYMBOLIC."
Me: "Symbolism and imagery are not the same thing"

Quote:
Honestly, I preferred when there was no "gimmick" and it was just an ability that some people had and others didn't.

That was nice, wasn't it? Back when everyone could go to the Velvet Room, everyone could swap Personas, and everyone could be controlled in combat.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarqeus
Less Newbies

Banned

Reply #123 - 06/09/08 at 14:43:07

Why is it in Persona 3 everyone shoots themselves in the head with toy guns, while the dog just has to wear a device??  Huh I mean wouldn't it be faster to wear a "special device" and call forth your Personas anytime you want rather than to grab a fake gun, point to your head and pull the trigger every time? lol

View Profile   IP Logged
Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #124 - 06/09/08 at 14:54:43

He's a dog he can't hold a gun silly!

(That's an actual response someone gave me)

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #125 - 06/09/08 at 18:35:14

Quote from Sir_Asura on 06/09/08 at 03:41:44:
Yeah, I agree... the fake suicide was kind of ridiculous. I did like the noise of glass breaking though every time the persona was summoned. Honestly, I preferred when there was no "gimmick" and it was just an ability that some people had and others didn't.

Yeah, I'd prefer CALL OUT YOUR PERSAAANUHHHHHH over this shooting in the head crap. I wonder who comes up with this stuff

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
RMarqeus
Less Newbies

Banned

Reply #126 - 06/09/08 at 22:38:16

The main problem I have with the pseudo-suicide is that they force you to watch it every time, since you cannot turn off battle animations unlike the previous games in the series.

« Last Edit: 06/10/08 at 12:20:02 by RMarqeus »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #127 - 06/12/08 at 20:05:29

There's a link to some new scans of Persona 4. Apparently Matador is a persona. 'Bout time.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1215302_1407.html     Courtesy of Rhen_Var of the Gamespot forums

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #128 - 06/13/08 at 01:09:36

Does anyone have a translation of these screen shots?  If not, could someone translate it, even roughly?  There also looks to be some "social link" /action/ in these pictures.

Thanks for the update!

Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #129 - 06/13/08 at 12:49:46

The first paragraph gives the overview of the Velvet Room (Personas are the power of the heart/used to fight shadows/over 180 in the game/etc).  

It talks about fusing cards to create new Personas, and it says that in this game you'll be able to fuse more than 6 at a time, but...

First screen is Fusion, second is the Compendium.

The next box talks about Margaret. It says that Elizabeth was Igor's companion in P3, but now Margaret is his companion. It comments that they are dressed similarly, so maybe there's a connection. (Gee thanks for the help Famitsu!)

The options in the screenshot of Margaret are:
Margaret's Requests
Verify Community Achievements
Open Compendium
Register Persona? (I honestly don't know and I don't feel like looking it up)

She is asking for Ippon Datera with Sukukaja.

Fusion Forecast  
Although you can visit the Velvet Room everyday (or I suppose nearly everyday as the storyline may prevent you from visiting it sometimes) and fuse Personas, P4 has a "Fusion Forecast" system where you can obtain "special effects" by fusing certain things on certain days.

Community  
(It gives an overview of the Community/Social Link system, it works on the same principle as the P3 one)

You build Community Links by talking with people and interacting at school. Being  a member of a Sports club will build your Strength Community. The boy speaking at the diner is Ichijo Kou (I think).

The girl at the bottom is named Ebihara Ai (I think) and she's the manager for the Sports Club(s). It wonders if she's a different Social Link than Strength.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #130 - 06/13/08 at 15:52:03

Haha, thanks for the translation help.  Honestly, I was hoping they'd say something more insightful, but I guess that's asking for too much.  Pointing out the obvious is cool too; haha, Elizabeth and Margaret look similar--no really?

Louis Cypher

Reply #131 - 06/13/08 at 19:46:42

Oh god no, they're keeping the social links.

View Profile   IP Logged
Choooo

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #132 - 06/13/08 at 20:20:06

Fusion Forecast:  
The example given is that if you fuse Titania and Makami on that date, it'll have the spell Bufula and increased parameters.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #133 - 06/15/08 at 03:26:49

I kind of like that addition to the fusion system.  I mean, it will hopefully keep things a little fresh.  I was disappointed that in Persona 3 there wasn't anything in fusion that corresponded to the lunar cycle/date (at least from what I could gather).  I mean, that's pretty standard.  It's good to see they are taking something old and giving it a new finish.

citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Reply #134 - 06/15/08 at 07:29:41

Yes, this may turn out at least more important than all these moon phases which had no real impact on anything (and i wondered why the developers placed them in majority of megaten games). Persona 2EP had no moon phases, and i haven`t heard anyone complaining about it )))

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print