Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 16:57:47
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57138 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: Persona 4
Reply #150 - 06/18/08 at 02:56:50

Hmm, okay, I concede.  I enjoyed some of the stories of the social links.  I really hated Fuuka's, Bebe's (not because he's obnoxious, but because its resolution was really lame), Kaz (because he always called me, ugh!), and Chihiro's... she was exactly why I don't date girls.  Akinari's was hilarious (It's like God hates you is the best response in all the social links), and of course I couldn't deny the fact I enjoyed the Hermit Social link.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #151 - 06/18/08 at 16:01:01

Wow, at first glance, guy with hat reminded me of P3's MC (or Minato if you'd like). Everytime I look at his eyes and hair, I see MC...what's up with the schoolboy bug with the overcompensating light saber?

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #152 - 06/20/08 at 02:12:32

Blargh, I still can't really find any good translations on this famitsu scan.  Kind of weird huh?  I mean, all the other ones were related back to us English-speaking masses fairly quickly.  (Even the blog we were provided with, which has been wonderful, is strangely quiet).

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #153 - 06/20/08 at 21:03:17

Quote from Sir_Asura on 06/20/08 at 02:12:32:
Blargh, I still can't really find any good translations on this famitsu scan.  Kind of weird huh?  I mean, all the other ones were related back to us English-speaking masses fairly quickly.  (Even the blog we were provided with, which has been wonderful, is strangely quiet).

Patience, young Skywalker. We won't be getting this game anytime soon anyway.

BTW, I'm loving Captain Pistol already. I'll probably use him the most just because he uses a gun. I'm happy that they're used for combat again. I wonder if the MC will be able to use any weapon again? If the social links are as evolving and branching as rumored they'll be awesome. Also, the website has updated again. A battle video of the Main character is now featured among other things.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #154 - 06/21/08 at 20:40:04

Apparently his name is Naota...or so I've heard

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #155 - 06/22/08 at 18:22:29

There's also a few theories going around that he is actually "she" which would be interesting. Does anyone have the song from the main 17 minutes trailer yet? I saw someone on the Gamespot forums mentioning already having it, and figured that it might be available somewhere.

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #156 - 06/22/08 at 18:47:10

Well, the world could certainly use more badass female characters. Of course, if he turns out to be a she that is there just to pander to the fanboys that love tsundere characters, then it'd be a wasted opportunity.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #157 - 06/22/08 at 19:23:28

Well the story has been considered a "murder mystery" maybe, Naota dresses as a boy to evade some as of yet unrevealed murderer? Or maybe she's an actress?

Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #158 - 06/22/08 at 23:01:05

The blog posted earlier in this forum has finally translated the famitsu issue with Naoto's information.  Turns out, there's a slight chance those "rumors" of him being a she /could be true/ but, honestly, that'd be the dumbest thing ever given how his character has thus far been portrayed.  The reason I say it might be true, is that he isn't apparently interested in girls or fun, and is very much about solving the murder mysteries.  Why this game would use a cross dresser is /beyond me/, but that statement at least keeps those rumors open. I think he's a freshman in high school... In my opinion, this information about him "not being interested in girls" could be a set up for him to be the romantic foil to a gay Kanji?  Neh?  I mean, he's the fag who's with the law, and Kanji is the fag who's a bad boy.  This could be the GAYEST game ever.  HAH.  We'll see...  

Chances are Kanji is just straight with a soft side and Naoto is just a boring stiff character who is "blinded by justice!"  ::dies a little more on the inside::  But seriously, even if they aren't gay, we can all brace for the horror by having a "couple" like this in the game....

Louis Cypher

Reply #159 - 06/23/08 at 01:07:15

Play Animamundi.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #160 - 06/23/08 at 02:19:07

What is it?

Louis Cypher

Reply #161 - 06/23/08 at 02:42:29

Visual novel game.

Really, really fabulous.

I mean fabulous in THAT way.

View Profile   IP Logged
0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #162 - 06/23/08 at 14:05:22

Asura, can you not throw the word fag around please? Grin Perhaps it's just my region, but usually the same people who use that are the same people who wear swastikas on their bags...
And I'm not trying to sound like an overzealous dick here, I'm just saying...

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #163 - 06/23/08 at 17:49:44

Lol, sorry to offend.  I use it cause I am one though, although I know plenty of gay people who would take offense to that logic.  I'll just try to be a little less irreverent from here on out.  I usually only get peculiar about usage when that word takes on two syllables and is used by someone in a truly derogatory sense.

0kami7777

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #164 - 06/23/08 at 18:03:41

Dude, it's way cool, don't worry. I was actually thinking I was sort of being a douche with even speaking up about it. So I tried to seem socially concious rather than coming off as being on my soapbox.

BTW you're from Providence? Funny, I'm going to Roger Williams U in the fall. Not too far away.

But back on topic. I'm thinking Naota is really just focused on solving the murders not being "not-interested in girls" in the gay sense. He comes off as being more one-track minded.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Send Topic Print