Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 08:25:56
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Death Note Is Awesome (Read 5703 times)
Ikkaris
Less Newbies

The Amazing
Sword-swallowing Man

Re: Death Note Is Awesome
Reply #30 - 06/30/08 at 15:30:50

I hate this series. It's like it was written by a 5 year old playing with action figures.
'And then i do that, but since i alread knew you would figure it out, i have another plan which you will counter anyway, and and and...'

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #31 - 07/02/08 at 02:37:33

...sounds like one of Tallgeese's RPs from a while ago.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #32 - 07/06/08 at 14:09:48

Quote from Ikkaris on 06/30/08 at 15:30:50:
I hate this series. It's like it was written by a 5 year old playing with action figures.
'And then i do that, but since i alread knew you would figure it out, i have another plan which you will counter anyway, and and and...'

A lot of series have done that. I always imagined that the creators used that tactic to remind new viewers what the hell was going on. Still I loved this show up until it's ending. Seriously, I can't think of an anime that can top how sad and dramatic Death Note's was.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #33 - 07/06/08 at 15:40:54

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/06/08 at 14:09:48:

A lot of series have done that. I always imagined that the creators used that tactic to remind new viewers what the hell was going on. Still I loved this show up until it's ending. Seriously, I can't think of an anime that can top how sad and dramatic Death Note's was.

Most people would say Monster tops it any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but never having watched it, I can't tell. I am thinking of picking up the manga though.  

granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #34 - 07/06/08 at 18:10:12

I really love Death Note. I haven't watched anything that was so dramatic, and I was always anxious for the next episode. CN (Cartoon Network) was right to pick it up for Adult Swim, although I don't get CN US anymore so I can't watch the English-voiced version and compare.  

There is, apparently, a Japanese-only Death Note game for the Nintendo DS... but I don't know much about it, being a non-Japanese-reader and so forth.  

Anyhow, I like the descriptions of it... but I keep remembering that Chess is a boring game to play, and even moreso to watch, unless you get really into the personalities playing. When you have emotions invested in winning or losing, then the game becomes interesting to both play or watch; and so it is with Death Note... if you like it emotionally, then it rewards you by being dramatic and thus interesting, but if you dismiss it outhand then it's just another anime.  

Whereas we can all see that Chess is a boring game, it is not going to go away soon, and even I play it occasionally... and so it is also with dramatic anime, or anything dramatic, for that matter. I don't expect all anime to be action-based or interesting to the casual watched, but I like series which reward you for liking them.  

For that reason, I also liked Babylon 5... but, unfortunately, I lost track of it after Season 2 due to limited TV-watching time and then it got cancelled, etc... I might get it on UDVD or something one of these days, but anyhow, that's another tangent....  

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #35 - 07/08/08 at 20:18:53

Quote from RMarques on 07/06/08 at 15:40:54:

Most people would say Monster tops it any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but never having watched it, I can't tell. I am thinking of picking up the manga though.

Monster? The Charlize Theron movie?

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #36 - 07/09/08 at 05:41:48

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/08/08 at 20:18:53:

No, not that Monster. This Monster.

Louis Cypher

Reply #37 - 07/09/08 at 06:19:57

...Please don't tell me the thing portrays saving the life of a young boy over the mayor in a negative light.

I'm asking because Japan has a thing with authority.

View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #38 - 07/09/08 at 08:06:45

Quote from Tallgeese on 07/09/08 at 06:19:57:
...Please don't tell me the thing portrays saving the life of a young boy over the mayor in a negative light.

I'm asking because Japan has a thing with authority.

Haven't read it yet, so I can't tell for sure. But I have yet to hear anything like that from the readers.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #39 - 07/09/08 at 20:02:16

Quote from RMarques on 07/09/08 at 05:41:48:
Quote from Eikichi Girl on 07/08/08 at 20:18:53:

No, not that Monster. This Monster.

Neat. This seems very interesting.

Isao Kronos

Remodeled Teacher

Reply #40 - 07/09/08 at 21:55:24

you rat bastards need to go read GANTZ

[center]
View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #41 - 07/11/08 at 22:19:33

Indeed, I'm a lot more naive to the scene than I thought.

Raidou11
Less Newbies

Reply #42 - 07/14/08 at 16:36:42

Death Note is pretty good, except for one thing. Yagami Light got a little carried away midway into the anime. That sort of ruined it. However, if Death Note is ever localized for NDS over in NA, I might decide to buy a NDS. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #43 - 07/19/08 at 13:26:09

NDS?

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #44 - 07/19/08 at 14:37:55

Nintendo DS I presume.