Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 17:24:45
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57143 times)
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: Persona 4
Reply #135 - 06/15/08 at 13:35:43

I mean, I think the moon phases were important in P3 because they were an indication of when things would begin to flux and change in the story.  They just could've played a more important role in how things worked via game mechanics.  I mean, if the shadows are affected by the moon, then why not the personae?  The phases of katsugutchi played an effect on fusion in Nocturne, and the solar noise in at least DDS2 added new game play features (with minimal differences, like those cheap critical hit moves, in DDS1).

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #136 - 06/15/08 at 15:44:14

Quote from Sir_Asura on 06/15/08 at 13:35:43:
I mean, I think the moon phases were important in P3 because they were an indication of when things would begin to flux and change in the story. They just could've played a more important role in how things worked via game mechanics. I mean, if the shadows are affected by the moon, then why not the personae?

Well, there were at least two moves that caused more damage on certain moon phases, but yeah, other than that, I don't think the Personae were really affected by it.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #137 - 06/15/08 at 17:21:50

Oh yeah... Zan-ei and Getsu-ei... they kind of sucked though.  I was constantly removing them for superior physical skills.  I mean, since the phases of the moon weren't really new or full at convenient training times, what's the point of spamming skills like that? That assistance was unnecessary when you had a battery of personae with all 4 elemental attacks, etc.  The full moon bonus wasn't necessary on any boss either.  

I mean, regardless, new moon/full moon criticals were always cheap--in P3 they were just kind of out of sync with the rest of the game.

bullman422
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #138 - 06/17/08 at 14:40:15

Quote from Sir_Asura on 06/15/08 at 17:21:50:
Oh yeah... Zan-ei and Getsu-ei... they kind of sucked though. I was constantly removing them for superior physical skills. I mean, since the phases of the moon weren't really new or full at convenient training times, what's the point of spamming skills like that? That assistance was unnecessary when you had a battery of personae with all 4 elemental attacks, etc. The full moon bonus wasn't necessary on any boss either.

I mean, regardless, new moon/full moon criticals were always cheap--in P3 they were just kind of out of sync with the rest of the game.

I unfortunately kept skills like those on my persona just for variety.  I didn't even think about the fact that the moon phase works differently in P3 than in previous megaten games.  Oh well!  Live and learn.  

I like what I see so far in Persona 4 even if much of it looks like Persona 3 with the standard improvements and upgrades.  About the only thing I wish would return is monster negotiating.  I'm probably in the minority here but I really hated the card shuffling system as it was too easy to get items and annoying in that there was no way to opt out of one.  On the other hand monster negotiating was optional (most of the time), fun, and often risky.  The fun was usually in how the demons responded to whatever tactic you used whether it made them happy, mad, fearful, or interested.  Of course the risky part came when you completely pissed them off which lead to an automatic battle with the demons often getting the battle advantage.  Nothing like having that happening when you have a bunch of Lipps demons surrounding you.  Trust me it ain't pretty.   Shocked

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #139 - 06/18/08 at 01:53:16

Well... then...

Found this new scan.  If people can still stomach viewing this thread, it looks like there is finally information on the last character.  Japanese-literate, translation would be awesome!

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7193/1213757026610kt2.jpg

Louis Cypher

Reply #140 - 06/18/08 at 02:04:18

Ugh, goatse. Fucking loser.

Brand, I wish you'd let me deal with this. Daaamn.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #141 - 06/18/08 at 02:24:27

I really like Dude with a Red Tie. He looks like he doesn't take any shit.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #142 - 06/18/08 at 02:25:42

I like the Persona with the lightsaber.

Shame that unless he gets Customed he probably blows goats.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #143 - 06/18/08 at 02:33:44

..that Persona looks like Shishio.

..with a bug mask.

..wearing a suit and tie over his bandages.

...holding a lightsaber.

That's a ton of WTF right there.

Louis Cypher

Reply #144 - 06/18/08 at 02:36:40

You like?

View Profile   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #145 - 06/18/08 at 02:37:36

Fortunately, it is very small so we won't have to deal with it quite as much.  I don't know; I don't even like the design of the detective character even.  They're both kind of awkward in my opinion.

SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #146 - 06/18/08 at 02:43:15

Quote from Tallgeese on 06/18/08 at 02:36:40:
You like?

...no, of course not. Are you silly?

Kid with an Oddly Shaped Hat is kind of weird looking

mknzy
Global Moderator

Hell Biker

Reply #147 - 06/18/08 at 02:44:37

I am probally the odd one out here but I actually enjoyed the social link system in P3, so much so that I would find myself choosing to put off Tartarus until the last couple of days of the period because I was too busy advancing the social links.

View Profile WWW mknzy mknzy 1099850 JoshFicter   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #148 - 06/18/08 at 02:47:52

I did that too, but only because it was faster than pointless grinding in tartarus.  I would always complete all of Elizabeth's requests like... the first day, then grind a little bit, if you could call it that.  Then it was social linking.

mknzy
Global Moderator

Hell Biker

Reply #149 - 06/18/08 at 02:52:06

Well here was my thing, is that I felt that the way that they set the game up where you are more or less living the main characters day to day life, interacting with people, developing relationships/friendships, breaking them, and everything, was really neat.  Also I just generally enjoyed the stories of the social links, and the characters you were interacting with.

View Profile WWW mknzy mknzy 1099850 JoshFicter   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print