Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/26/24 at 11:41:38
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 56934 times)
OneWingedSin
Less Newbies

I love Philemon!

Re: Persona 4
Reply #15 - 03/27/08 at 03:47:30

*crosses fingers*
*mumbles under his breath* pleasenocrappydatingsimpleasenoeverydungeonlookstheexactsamepleasenocrappydating
sim

and PLEASE don't let this be a 'prequel' to trinity soul (notes the character in black hair and glasses).

Apparently gone are the days where story was actually intrieguing enough to move the game along instead of a rolling date >.<

Man, I miss the dark settings of the previous games where there was no 'happy land' to run back to. Games where the story moved along well without feeling contrived and forced.

*cries* stupid 'dating sim' garbage is back. Heaven forbid you could just be an ass through the whole game and get powerful without giving a crap about your classmates. Will still get it, but I figure I'll cheat for the persona levels, since I REALLY don't give a crap about other people's lives in a game (especially since they don't mean jack [frost] to the plot).

« Last Edit: 03/27/08 at 13:59:25 by OneWingedSin »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #16 - 04/15/08 at 16:42:42

I wasn't really a big fan of Persona 3... I at least expected original dungeons at full moons but didn't even get that... infact battling in general was only about 5% of the game. The game offered "fake" freedom in that you really had to do things in a certain order even if it made it look like you had choice. @@ But... at least the AI was better than that in DS: Raidou Kuzunoha... I'm kinda' sad that so far Persona 4 looks like a clone.

You know, I'd much MUCH rather see Shin Megami Tensei IV than Persona 4. What ever happened with the Persona remake on the PSP anyway?

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #17 - 04/15/08 at 21:37:04

Quote from MutheSquirrel on 04/15/08 at 16:42:42:
You know, I'd much MUCH rather see Shin Megami Tensei IV than Persona 4. What ever happened with the Persona remake on the PSP anyway?

I think I said earlier I'd rather they not make a SMT4, because god knows how badly they'll fuck it up. As for the psp Persona, I think no one told them they were supposed to be working on it or something, so it got scrapped.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #18 - 04/16/08 at 07:13:13

Quote from Alizarin on 04/15/08 at 21:37:04:

I think I said earlier I'd rather they not make a SMT4, because god knows how badly they'll fuck it up. As for the psp Persona, I think no one told them they were supposed to be working on it or something, so it got scrapped.

Lucifer's Call was good, I don't think you can realy base the next part of the main series to the outcome of its spin-offs... With that said it seemed like SMTIII was watered down compared to SMT and SMTII. Needs more Nuclear wars, corrupted Americans and devoured mothers. =P Plus, at the end of the day, if you don't like a game you just don't play it.. it's not like it would effect the games before it.

I woulda' liked the first Persona games to hit the PSP and make it over here. Cos, you know, they were actually "good"...

Louis Cypher

Reply #19 - 04/16/08 at 08:29:45

Quote from MutheSquirrel on 04/16/08 at 07:13:13:
Quote from Alizarin on 04/15/08 at 21:37:04:

Needs more Nuclear wars, corrupted Americans and devoured mothers. =P Plus, at the end of the day, if you don't like a game you just don't play it.. it's not like it would effect the games before it.

...Meaning it needs more stupidity? What? Atlus is already retardedly West-phobic, I see no reason to continue the trend.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #20 - 04/16/08 at 11:45:01

Meaning it needs to be darker and less PC. -.- Closer to the books and the original games. I'd hardly say Atlus is West-phobic, they just choose to release a style of game that other much larger companies don't have the balls to in case they don't sell well enough... if they were phobic, they wouldn't release them at all. xD It's hardly an insult to *gasp* have a bad guy from another country, is it? If anything it was rather Japanophobic or Teutophobic to turn away Persona 2 because it had Hitler in it.. BUT times have changed and it's thanks largly to Atlus, Koei and other smaller companies we can even get games with such a strong Japanese feel such as SMT or Disgaea.

But this is beside the point! The topic is meant to be about Persona 4.

Louis Cypher

Reply #21 - 04/16/08 at 18:15:20

..You do realize that one of the notable big reasons for P2: IS's canning was due to the simple fact that were it fully translated (I'm interested in the evidence that it was close to completion ala Soul Hackers) it would have been released close to Columbine? And there's a principal killing scene? Use your brain.

None of what you described is 'dark' or requires balls to release in any way, Japan's been sending over dumb crap with subtly anti-Western themes for years. Atlus is just more overt about it, and brainless teens and hipsters just gobble it up as 'dark' and 'mature', dumb as they are. SMT is neither of those things, it panders to a retarded, teenage, anti-authority, JAPAN 4 EVAR mentality. The sides of Law and Chaos are hardly presented in a fair manner for example. There is absolutely nothing mature about Persona 3 when you consider the most mature thing about it is Mara.

Understand what I'm saying before you make a response like that again please.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #22 - 04/16/08 at 18:31:51

My my, you hardly sound like you even LIKE Megaten. Hmm.. Oh well, you seem to be getting annoyed -for some reason- over the whole thing, and I'm reeeaally not here to argue or make enemies over something as trivial as a video game. =P I'm here to chat with the fans, no more no less, so just forget it, k? We'll agree that I want a fourth and you don't. Isn't freedom of thought a wonderful thing?

Spider Bike

Reply #23 - 04/16/08 at 20:15:00

Uh oh, he played agree to disagree card! Your "goose" is cooked, so to speak

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #24 - 04/17/08 at 01:13:19

Quote from MutheSquirrel on 04/16/08 at 18:31:51:
My my, you hardly sound like you even LIKE Megaten. Hmm..

Nah he's alot like me with Phoenix Wright.

Love the series, hate Edgeworth. And hate 90% of the fans 'cause they're mostly females masturbating over Phoenix and Edgeworth having KAWAII BUTTSECHS. So yeah, it's why I stay away from all PW messageboards. Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws in a series you like, at least that means you're not a blind drooling fanboy.

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing mature about Persona 3 when you consider the most mature thing about it is Mara.

Is this the...wait no what is Mara

Anyways I quite like Persona 2 for instance, at least the main game. Not alot of excess, which is great. "Nuclear wars, corrupted Americans and devoured mothers" is certainly excess and seems parody more than a videogame. I watch DBZ if I want shit like that

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #25 - 04/17/08 at 02:03:59

Mara is the penis with a mouth on a chariot.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #26 - 04/17/08 at 07:25:01

Actually I mostly like the series for the demons/deities/beasts. I likes my mythology~ Plus I can't really think of any females in the whole series worth drooling over... hmm... my friend Cat likes the Incubus! I don't think that's for his looks though.

I saw Mara on Youtube in Devil Summoner. Sure are a lot of penis demons in the series... Mishaguji is a better penis though. Mostly for the way he does his "emission" attack. Heheheh

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #27 - 04/25/08 at 22:53:34

So....about Persona 4  Tongue  Can anyone actually understand what they're saying in the trailer because I can't.

And I'd really love to know.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #28 - 04/30/08 at 09:27:50

Quote from MutheSquirrel on 04/16/08 at 11:45:01:
Meaning it needs to be darker and less PC. -.- Closer to the books

You mean you want the Megaten games to be poorly written, gory for the sake of being gory, crap? Because that's what the books are.  Well, ok, I'm not that far on the second one yet, but if the first one is of any indication...

Quote from OneWingedSin on 03/27/08 at 03:47:30:

Apparently gone are the days where story was actually intrieguing enough to move the game along instead of a rolling date >.<

No, they're not gone, we're just getting more crap along with the gold. Now, you actually have to be careful with what you chose. Add some elitism by the people that have been around for a longer time, and some... Lack of maturity, by those that didn't join until late, and you have the current generation of gaming.

« Last Edit: 04/30/08 at 13:41:59 by RMarques »  
Kanzato
Less Newbies

I <3 Jack Frost!

Reply #29 - 04/30/08 at 10:27:16

With a few glorious exceptions who can enjoy most/all the games for what they are without whining about them on a forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print