Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 19:39:55
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57184 times)
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Re: Persona 4
Reply #45 - 05/09/08 at 22:40:28

But see, if you wanted all Pokemon you still wouldn't "need" a guide to do it... I don't like games that don't give you the information required to do something yourself, as getting them all in one game would be the "ultimate goal".

Anyway, I see your point, but originally in the Persona series talking to demons was far more important than it was in SMT. If anything they've made it less original with the "fusing demons" rather than the tarot card system of of the originals.

But in P2 to name but a few things you needed to talk to demons to make them curious to get cards, make them happy to obtain rumours, information, items, move barriers in some dungeons, power up your final weapons, create and power up special summon spells and other things. Whats more combos of your characters lead to different ways of talking to the demons from fortune telling to intimidating to make them happy, scared, angry or curious. As you can tell you that it was FAR more advanced than the simple talks in the main series.

Of course none of that can work when all your enemies are shadows and their arcanum never goes above "death". =P

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #46 - 05/10/08 at 14:47:59

Quote:
I don't like games that don't give you the information required to do something yourself

Well, SMT games are like that. Especially in the BOSS-department. Just remember the bosses of Nocturne and DDS.  

Email View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #47 - 05/10/08 at 16:32:37

The bosses in Nocturne were hard, but not at all unbeatable without a guide. But the two ultimate bosses of the DDS series are an exellent example of badly made "guide only" bosses. Especially Satan, which was ridiculous to the extreme. Demi-Fiend and Satan are the only bosses I've had to beat using a guide.

And that is a BAD thing.

Louis Cypher

Reply #48 - 05/10/08 at 20:57:23

What? Demifiend is worse than Satan. Satan doesn't autokill you based on pure luck.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #49 - 05/11/08 at 06:50:09

Well while he was a cheaper (and somewhat harder) fight, you MIGHT have a very off chance of thinking about Null Sleep... maybe. The Satan fight would require you to know his full HP amount and at which point he'll recover ALL his HP, even expecting you to pain-stakingly sit there with as damn calculator inputting ever inch of damage you cause. You'd also 'have' to know what it is that stops him using his ultimate attack, which of course isn't hinted at at all. And then there's the death skill based on agility...

So see, I wasn't calling Satan a harder (or cheaper) fight than Demi-Fiend, just one that was far more reliant on you using a guide.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #50 - 05/11/08 at 15:42:01

They were both ridiculous. What was the reward for Demi-fiend anyway? I can't really recall it. Also, to keep this thread on topic, if one goes to youtube, they'll find a slurry of new videos related to Persona 4 showing more of the characters.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ko3EC5RvMIw

I don't know why, but everyone seems to think that one of the characters looks like Raidou. However, I think his appearance is only mildly similar. His hat looks more like a tradesman cap, not a police cap. Also, I like the conceptual design of the trailer. It reminds me of Persona 3's trailer.

MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #51 - 05/11/08 at 16:06:23

Hmm... I remember there being a loose link between the Kuzunoha line and Persona in Persona 2 (the detective agency) but would they bring it so late given the new "style" of Persona games? I dunno, prolly just shares the looks due to same designers and such. Looks are bound to start repeating themselves over time~

I'll kinda' miss the "greek" themed main Persona which seems to have switched to Japanese. Ah well, no matter, nothing major. =P Lets see some Lovecraft monsters back though~! For shits and giggles.

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #52 - 05/11/08 at 23:07:56

Wait, did anyone notice that one guy looks like Raidou Kuzunoha? Well the hat looks familiar. And I couldn't help but notice the girl with the microphone. A famous Idol on the team!? I don't care what anyone says, I'm excited!

Apollo62
Less Newbies

DELETE!!

Reply #53 - 05/11/08 at 23:19:40

Whoops, guess  I forgot to keep reading after the link! But I'd like to think there will be some sort of Devil Summoner connection. Todoraki(sp?) was of the DS Line, so why can't this guy? It would have a taste of old Persona, and that's what everyone want's isn't it?  And once more " famous Idol"!? I don't know why, but it makes me giddy!

biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #54 - 05/13/08 at 12:10:03

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0805/game080512b.shtml

New character, Kanji. Reminds me of Sid Davis. Silver hair, glasses, scar on face instead of star...

View Profile   IP Logged
citizen zero
Less Newbies

I love blastbeat!!!

Reply #55 - 05/14/08 at 07:48:50

Huh, steel chairs?

and the Idol will crush enemies` skulls with a microphone, I presume?

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #56 - 05/14/08 at 20:22:33

I don't think the red-head is an actual idol. I've always stuck with the believe that the characters are trapped in some wierdo trance, which is why Yukiko runs right into a shadow infested area in her second trailer on the official website. Also, I'm loving Kanji because he's like Shinjiro, who should've been more prominent in Persona 3.

Also, if anyone happens to know a link to the song, that'd be, you know, AWESOME. It's stuck in my head.

agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #57 - 05/15/08 at 15:38:16

God, I hated Shinjiro so much... typical stock-character and badly written if I may add.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #58 - 05/15/08 at 19:59:08

If they'd given him much more development then he could've been more. You'd think FES would've expanded on his back story with Akihiko more.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #59 - 05/16/08 at 21:15:32

I'll double post and add this update: Kanji is now on the character section with his persona.

http://p4.atlusnet.jp/chara/chara06-1.html

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print