Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
04/26/24 at 03:21:52
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!] (Read 37152 times)
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!]
04/21/08 at 11:52:01

Since I locked the last topic, here is a new one.  Don't argue again, I'll lock this one also.

But now Gemini has videos of the game intro translated.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQl19ht4NUA

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr-2VhNi8Y0

This is some serious progress in the project so I thought I would share with everyone.  Personally I can't wait to play.

Translation blog - http://tsumi.wordpress.com/

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Re: Updates on Innocent Sin patch [No arguing!]
Reply #1 - 04/22/08 at 20:54:57

This looks really great.  I think that it will make the game really accessible to all of us who have pined for it for years.  It's funny though because having played out the scenarios I know happen in this game in my head, they seem so ineloquent when actually viewed on the screen.  

Can anyone explain to me why Eikichi calls himself Michelle?  I don't really understand.  For instance, if this game were translated by Atlus, what chance do you think they would keep Michelle as his nickname?

Also, I am completely ignorant when it comes to accessing things like this (so haha, that kind of negates my previous comment).  Will this guy be asking for money for us to obtain copies?  Is this going to be something we order or download or what?  Also is it something we're expected to play through emulators on our computers?  Or if a physical copy is produced, will we have to have like a modded ps1?   I'm sure this information is like second nature to most of you, but I have never played a fan translation before, so I am clueless.  I mean, it seems like from his blog its a ways off before we'll be able to play it (despite all his great progress) but when the time comes what do we do?  I am completely clueless.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Kanzato
Less Newbies

I <3 Jack Frost!

Reply #2 - 04/24/08 at 01:06:20

Very interesting. I used to really hate having my kanji book next to me  and it never really worked XD

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #3 - 04/24/08 at 05:22:10

This might be the right place to ask: does anybody know if these spells are actually used in Innocent Sin? They are called Dark Grand Gross (暗黒グランドクロス), Hellish Flower Blossom (咲闇地獄花), Wheel of Fortune (運命の車輪), and Wheel of Time (刻の車輪). They appear in the battle Fusion Spell list using an Action Replay code to enable all fusions, but I'm not sure if the player can actually trigger them in any way (all of them need a spell called Commercial Use - CM用) or if they are used by any boss/enemy. I know that both "Wheel" spells are also included in EP, but are they used in any way in IS?

Edited:
I discovered none of them works at all. I tried using them with Eikichi and all I got was no spell animation and instant victory. Or at least that's the effect they have when used as simple spells, but maybe they do something else when used as proper fusion spells. The game usually freezes when you cast a fusion spell with only one person. :/

Quote from Sir_Asura on 04/22/08 at 20:54:57:
Can anyone explain to me why Eikichi calls himself Michelle?

I'm not completely sure on this, but I believe his nick derives from his surname: Mishina. Mishina and Michelle sound somewhat alike, at least for the first part.

Quote:
Will this guy be asking for money for us to obtain copies? Is this going to be something we order or download or what?

While I do have a donation link, I will not ask any money for the release, so don't expect any "I will release the patch when the donation counter reaches $10,000!" bullshit from me. Cheesy It will be distributed as a free patch to download from my site or directly from the blog. For the other questions, check the FAQ page on the blog. Wink

« Last Edit: 04/24/08 at 21:34:32 by Gemini »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #4 - 04/24/08 at 13:15:34

Emulation is a little different once we get to systems that use a cd medium.  Basically you will need the patch, the iso or bin/cue files, and something to apply the patch.  Then once that is done you can burn the game to a cd (with and iso burning software).  Once you have the cd you can play it on your computer with an emulator (which most computers made in the last few years should be able to handle a PSX game).  Or you can play it on a modded PSX/PS2.

Louis Cypher

Reply #5 - 04/24/08 at 14:56:33

You don't even need the CD if you'll only play it on an emulator.

..In fact it's pretty silly to.

View Profile   IP Logged
Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #6 - 05/02/08 at 21:42:08

So...I just download it once it comes out, if I already a PSX emulator? Sheesh, these things really outta be simpler.

RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #7 - 05/03/08 at 07:37:11

Quote from Eikichi Girl on 05/02/08 at 21:42:08:
So...I just download it once it comes out, if I already a PSX emulator? Sheesh, these things really outta be simpler.

Well, you can also just track down an original copy of the game, rip the iso yourself, apply the patch, and then burn it into a cd so you can play in a modded console, or on an emulator... Although, that could expensive...

Louis Cypher

Reply #8 - 05/03/08 at 17:48:07

About the CM thing... why not just temporarily stick the spell onto a Persona and use the fusion?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #9 - 05/04/08 at 06:56:38

It did work that way:

Shocked
  • Dark Grand Cross: pretty useless, since all it does are a couple status effects, from what I could see (Charmed and Sleep);
  • Hellish Flower Blossom: deals 400-500 damage to all enemies (no other effects known);
  • Wheel of Time: Seems like it does nothing. Maybe instant death?
  • Wheel of Fortune: Similar visual effects as Wheel of Time, but it deals 150-200 damage to all enemies.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #10 - 05/04/08 at 16:22:21

Can't you look through the enemy list and search for anybody who jas the spell in their available enemy ability list?

---

I suspect that in this, Wheel of Time and Wheel of Fortune are switched from what they do in Eternal Punishment.  

Hence why Time has no effect: enemies can't change Persona. That's EP Fortune's effect.

Also hence why Fortune does damage: that's EP Time's effect.

Can you make an enemy cast Wheel of Time on the party and see if they can P-Change? Of course, it could just crash since they never got it working until EP.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #11 - 05/05/08 at 03:05:45

I have no clue where enemy data could be stored, so there's no way I can do it for now. I know Personas can use enemy/boss spells, but it's probably impossible for enemies to use fusion spells, since they need a little cast scene before they actually appear (that's why my previous test resulted in them doing nothing).

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #12 - 06/23/08 at 12:54:21

It is so awesome that someone is actually translating this!

cozyduck
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #13 - 09/10/08 at 12:47:45

So, most people here probably already know, but gemini has updated his blog with Oct. 15th as the release date for the patch.

View Profile   IP Logged
peep
Less Newbies

MegatenWiki
assistance

Reply #14 - 09/27/08 at 10:38:21

If I remember correctly, Wheel of Time in EP actually seals the ability to change persona for a short while. So it's literally meaningless to be used by player characters since none of the opponents change their Persona during Battle. If you say for using on Elizabeth, you win.

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Mother Earth.
View Profile   IP Logged
Liam
Newbies

I love Anubis!

Reply #15 - 10/01/08 at 13:08:22

Sadly the patch will be delayed for an indefinite time, due to immaturity of certain people. I was really looking forward to it. :/

View Profile   IP Logged
Rebellion
Less Newbies

Wandering Lost Soul

Reply #16 - 10/01/08 at 16:09:16

That is a real disappointment.

It is really unfair when others have to ruin it for everyone else and can not learn to control themselves.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #17 - 10/02/08 at 00:31:32

This is why we can't have nice things.   cry

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #18 - 10/02/08 at 11:58:24

Well, they won't get anything from me for sure. Grin Some idiots get so funny when you deny them a precious toy. Fortunately, not everybody is like them.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #19 - 10/02/08 at 16:35:38

Screw those dudes Gemini. They should be happy someone took on this project. Props to you and Tom.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #20 - 10/02/08 at 21:00:47

Don't worry, I don't really give a shit about those moronic comments. But I do consider them a nice way to spend time laughing. At them.

View Profile   IP Logged
Rebellion
Less Newbies

Wandering Lost Soul

Reply #21 - 10/02/08 at 22:18:30

Quote from biggsyke on 10/02/08 at 16:35:38:
Screw those dudes Gemini. They should be happy someone took on this project. Props to you and Tom.

I agree.

Just take your time Gemini.Most of us have waited this long,I'm sure it won't kill us to wait any longer,especially with how much you've progressed and have completed.

View Profile   IP Logged
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Reply #22 - 10/03/08 at 02:18:26

Quote from Gemini on 10/02/08 at 21:00:47:
Don't worry, I don't really give a shit about those moronic comments. But I do consider them a nice way to spend time laughing. At them.

Well, I just wanted to say something encouraging... you have a lot of talent, and reguardless of what is released, I think it's super-kool that you took it so far... it's been what, two or three years in total now? That's dedicated, inspired me to blow the dust off of some of my older abandoned projects.

Also, you worked on the Tales of Phantasia (PS1) patch too, right? That's a lot of fun and I appreciated that they're actually two translations (transliterated and cool-sounding-names) for stuff... that's better than you get from "official" sources who in that case didn't even bother to translate the game at all.

Anyhow, sorry for veering off-topic... I guess I really should go to sleep after a few hours of coding.  

Be encouraged! Don't let flamers get you down!  Smiley

Louis Cypher

Reply #23 - 10/03/08 at 15:18:47

My my, ahhahahaha.

I'm more curious how you found out about TDottle, Gemini.

Regardless, I stand by my comments. That was exceedingly immature of you to basically get worked up over two idiots.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #24 - 10/03/08 at 15:32:43

Well it's honestly not just that.

I don't get the logic of not releasing something just because some guy not even affiliated with anything had a spaz attack.

Most fan translators have this superego that needs to be fellated (wasn't there some guy who canceled an entire project just because GameFAQers criticized the way he spelled things?), and as mentioned in the linked topic, they have this need to hold the translation over peoples heads. "Do exactly what I say or you won't get precious."

It's absolutely ridiculous. I can understand an entire community putting someone down, and making you feel like it's all for naught, but don't you get enough asskissing to counter all that? You have people that hang off your every word and nearly act like you're God himself, and that's still not enough?

You're torturing these people by denying their precious. But I guess that's the point isn't it? You like your power. It's lulz.

Regardless, I can wait, I'm not even done Persona 2 yet. Once this eventually gets abandoned and given to another guy, and translated from Dutch to Spanish to English and back, then we can all play it. Together, happily.

Spider Bike

Reply #25 - 10/03/08 at 15:43:06

I've beaten it with the tranlation guide, so I'm not even interested.

EDIT:
Quote from Gemini on 10/02/08 at 11:58:24:
Well, they won't get anything from me for sure. Grin

I'm sure "they" will be very broken up to hear that the three out of (I dunno, twenty?) frequent posters who might have been interested will not be getting a patch (from you.) Just as soon as they quit lolling at the situation.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO:
Quote from Gemini on 10/02/08 at 21:00:47:

And yet you delayed a patch over "moronic comments?"

« Last Edit: 10/03/08 at 19:40:17 by Spider Bike »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #26 - 10/03/08 at 19:39:49

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/03/08 at 15:18:47:
Regardless, I stand by my comments. That was exceedingly immature of you to basically get worked up over two idiots.

Then maybe you should try this hobby before saying anything about it, because obviously you and the other people there have no clue.

Quote:
You're torturing these people by denying their precious. But I guess that's the point isn't it?

You totally missed the point. I mean, entirely. My intention is not to punish anybody with this.

Quote:
You like your power.

No, I like my hobbies when they are fun (who doesn't?). In this case it just stopped being fun, at all.

Quote:

Then why did you bother to post here? I thought you weren't interesting in a dumbass guy's stuff.

Quote:
And yet you delayed a patch over "moronic comments?"

So what? I don't give a shit about people bad-mouthing my work, but it doesn't mean I don't care about my blog.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #27 - 10/03/08 at 19:44:03

Quote from Gemini on 10/03/08 at 19:39:49:
Quote from Tallgeese on 10/03/08 at 15:18:47:

Then maybe you should try this hobby before saying anything about it, because obviously you and the other people there have no clue.

[quote author=SHODAN]You're torturing these people by denying their precious. But I guess that's the point isn't it?

You totally missed the point. I mean, entirely. My intention is not to punish anybody with this.

Quote:
You like your power.

No, I like my hobbies when they are fun (who doesn't?). In this case it just stopped being fun, at all.

Quote:

Then why did you bother to post here? I thought you weren't interesting in a dumbass guy's stuff. [/quote]

I thought you weren't interested in moronic comments? My reason for posting here is because with you around, I never run out of things to say. What's your reason?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #28 - 10/03/08 at 19:52:16

Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 19:44:03:
My reason for posting here is because with you around, I never run out of things to say. What's your reason?

It's a topic about my project. So well, I have something to talk about that doesn't necessarily mean trolling. :0

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #29 - 10/03/08 at 19:57:49

Quote from Gemini on 10/03/08 at 19:52:16:
Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 19:44:03:
My reason for posting here is because with you around, I never run out of things to say. What's your reason?

It's a topic about my project. So well, I have something to talk about that doesn't necessarily mean trolling. :0

I'm sorry, I shoulda elaborated instead of screwing around posting in a thread about voice acting. What I mean is, why the constant response to these "moronic comments?" It takes two to tango, and I'm only responding to things you have said. You are putting alot of energy into comments you apparently don't care about, so of course I'm gonna ask you what the real deal is.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #30 - 10/03/08 at 20:00:53

Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 19:57:49:
You are putting alot of energy into comments you apparently don't care about, so of course I'm gonna ask you what the real deal is.

A lot of energy? Where exactly? Unless I went black out for a few hours, I doubt so. My energies are well spent on something else at the moment. No, seriously.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #31 - 10/03/08 at 20:05:20

Quote from Gemini on 10/03/08 at 20:00:53:
Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 19:57:49:
You are putting alot of energy into comments you apparently don't care about, so of course I'm gonna ask you what the real deal is.

A lot of energy? Where exactly? Unless I went black out for a few hours, I doubt so. My energies are well spent on something else at the moment. No, seriously.

Well, you could have spent a large hardon collider's worth of energy for all I know. In any case, you didn't answer my question, which was "Why are you responding to comments that, if I am correct in saying so, you don't give two shits about?"

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #32 - 10/03/08 at 20:47:01

Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 20:05:20:
"Why are you responding to comments that, if I am correct in saying so, you don't give two shits about?"

Which comments did I respond to? I didn't say much except for the fact that the comments on that board are pure trolling. As far as I can remember, I haven't really commented that much anywhere else about this whole affair. The hardon cannon is safe.

View Profile   IP Logged
Spider Bike

Reply #33 - 10/03/08 at 20:57:32

Quote from Gemini on 10/03/08 at 20:47:01:
Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 20:05:20:
"Why are you responding to comments that, if I am correct in saying so, you don't give two shits about?"

Which comments did I respond to? I didn't say much except for the fact that the comments on that board are pure trolling. As far as I can remember, I haven't really commented that much anywhere else about this whole affair. The hardon cannon is safe.

You responded to Tallgoose and Shodan's comments, both of which were basic summaries of the comments made on TDotOL, in that thread you linked to.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #34 - 10/03/08 at 21:15:41

Okay kids, time to calm down. Although these back and forths are much better than the VP debates were.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #35 - 10/03/08 at 22:26:57

Quote from Alizarin on 10/03/08 at 20:57:32:
You responded to Tallgoose and Shodan's comments, both of which were basic summaries of the comments made on TDotOL, in that thread you linked to.

I answered because those weren't so rude as those on seraphicwhatever. Anyway, I don't really get what's your point, if there's any.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #36 - 10/04/08 at 02:02:21

*Facepalms* Somebody is trying too hard to be willfully obtuse.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #37 - 10/04/08 at 03:48:20

The thing is, you can never have the last word with people like this. Any response you give will be taken the wrong way by them. I guess now you all see why I try to avoid these never-ending conflicts.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #38 - 10/04/08 at 11:17:14

...OK kids, should I tell him now or later what's going on here?

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #39 - 10/04/08 at 20:35:20

This confirms what I said. Uh oh. Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #40 - 10/04/08 at 20:52:49

You do realize that we've been perfectly civil to you here and you're tossing mild barbs at us? Ha.

(Yes, we are the same people.)

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #41 - 10/04/08 at 20:56:59

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/04/08 at 20:52:49:
You do realize that we've been perfectly civil to you here and you're tossing mild barbs at us? Ha.

Here, you said it. And yes, I'm smart enough to realize that you are the same people over there just by looking at signatures and nicks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #42 - 10/04/08 at 20:58:31

And? You basically just admitted you're a little sore about it. Good job.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #43 - 10/04/08 at 21:00:05

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/04/08 at 20:58:31:
And? You basically just admitted you're a little sore about it. Good job.

No, I'm not. I guess you missed the part where I said that your comments over there only made me laugh. Wink Things did change a little bit since then. Maybe you should stop assuming things, especially when you get the wrong picture.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #44 - 10/04/08 at 21:03:23

...You have got to be joking. You basically say you're throwing barbs at us here because we did it over there, in the past, despite us being perfectly civil here. Then you claim you're not sore? You know what that smell in the air is, my friend? The smell of bullshit.

That's pathetic. Just admit you're sore, it won't hurt. Much. Certainly more honorable than lying to everyone's face.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #45 - 10/04/08 at 21:19:55

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/04/08 at 21:03:23:
Then you claim you're not sore? You know what that smell in the air is, my friend? The smell of bullshit.

Then go see a doctor and ask him to check your nose. Huh If you can't understand it, then I really dunno what to tell you. Don't believe it if you don't want to, it's not my problem.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #46 - 10/04/08 at 21:20:47

Yeah I mean...posting something here just to say it's "moronic" and "their shit doesn't bother you" or whatever..

Their shit IS bothering you if you go out of your way to post it.

Quote:
The thing is, you can never have the last word with people like this. Any response you give will be taken the wrong way by them.

Are you speaking OVER us, or what? Also hello pot, meet kettle

Louis Cypher

Reply #47 - 10/04/08 at 21:23:43

Well this is certainly an affront to reason and common sense.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #48 - 10/04/08 at 21:24:31

Quote from SHODAN on 10/04/08 at 21:20:47:
Yeah I mean...posting something here just to say it's "moronic" and "their shit doesn't bother you" or whatever.. Their shit IS bothering you if you go out of your way to post it.

It was for a good laugh. I said this like, 4 times now?

Quote:
Well this is certainly an affront to reason and common sense.

It isn't if you have a brain and a couple eyes to read and understand. As I said, everything I say will always just provoke in you the same, boring reaction. Try a new joke for a change.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #49 - 10/04/08 at 21:26:56

You are honestly one of the most pathetic creatures I have ever witnessed, to cling to your delusion of superiority so...

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #50 - 10/04/08 at 21:43:08

Sorry, but said from a person like you it has no meaning at all. And I doubt I will answer anymore to your nonsense. Smiley For me the discussion ends here and now.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #51 - 10/04/08 at 21:45:48

That hardly invalidates the truth of what I said.

Seriously. If our positions were reversed you could accuse me of the same damn thing. Only I'd cop to it.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #52 - 10/04/08 at 22:39:10

What is with people and their trying to make the internet some perfect reality according to them? No arguing, no funny business, no criticism, just me me me me me me me and praise.

It's getting ridiculous, lol.

Louis Cypher

Reply #53 - 10/04/08 at 22:43:38

Heh, he edited his post, he initially had:

Quote:
...said by the supreme troll.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #54 - 10/04/08 at 22:46:35

No, -I- am the Supreme Troll. I've been working for YEARS for this, there's no way Tallgeese is taking it away from me so soon. Sad

See Gemini, maybe if you weren't such a hardass serious spaz, people would get along with you alot better.

Louis Cypher

Reply #55 - 10/04/08 at 22:48:02

He don't know me very well, do he?

I couldn't troll my way out of a paper bag. I have no stamina for it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Brand
YaBB Administrator

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #56 - 10/05/08 at 06:56:25

How about less back and forth on this issue, I would like to see the patch, I appreciate effort that has gone into.  I just wish that the issues with the few wouldn't let people ruin things for the many.

biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #57 - 10/05/08 at 15:37:42

Thank you, Brand. This was really starting to get cumbersome. Yes, we all have issues. Yes, this might be an overreaction on Gemini's part. But Tallgeese and a few others are basically deriding him over his overreaction. It's his project, he's been putting all of the work into it these last few years. Even if you can't wait a liiittttllle bit longer for the release, just let the man alone. And when he does release it, I hope you thank him. Man, this is SMT. Something we all agree about, keep the egos in check.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #58 - 10/06/08 at 10:32:19

...We all agree about SMT? I reallllly hope you're joking.

It's got nothing to do with wanting it early; believe me when I tell you that SHODAN and I have plenty to occupy ourselves with... like the aforementioned Eternal Punishment where we are carrying around a 99 all stats Jack O' Lantern. Dark Cloud 2. Mayhaps some Suikodens. Wii games... list goes on.

View Profile   IP Logged
Raidou11
Less Newbies

Reply #59 - 10/13/08 at 13:39:30

Since the patch was made by Gemini, then he has the choice of what to do with it. It is solely his decision as to whether to release or not. I shall respect whatever decision he makes. Wink

View Profile   IP Logged
Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Reply #60 - 10/13/08 at 15:41:39

All I can say is that I am incredibly excited for this patch.  I've been lurking the update blog for a very long time now and the work shown is incredible.  Thanks for all the hard work, Gemini.

Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Reply #61 - 10/14/08 at 21:16:04

Aaaaaaaaand it's released.  

This may be one of the best days.  EVER.

http://tsumi.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/all-is-lost/#more-641

Louis Cypher

Reply #62 - 10/14/08 at 21:33:33

And the sucking up begins in...

What, I didn't even get to start the count damn.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #63 - 10/14/08 at 21:51:05

Quote from biggsyke on 10/05/08 at 15:37:42:
Thank you, Brand. This was really starting to get cumbersome. Yes, we all have issues. Yes, this might be an overreaction on Gemini's part. But Tallgeese and a few others are basically deriding him over his overreaction.

You know what's fun? When they were trying to "deride" me, I was actually laughing my ass because of their reaction at the fake delay and overreaction. Man, I never got such a great time over internet drama. Grin This shit is fun as hell.

View Profile   IP Logged
Prince Aries
Global Moderator

Pantsu Banchou

Reply #64 - 10/14/08 at 21:52:58

Quote from Tallgeese on 10/14/08 at 21:33:33:
And the sucking up begins in...

What, I didn't even get to start the count damn.

Not so much with the sucking up.  More to do with the fact that I've been wanting to play this in English for longer then I care to remember.

Besides, nothing gives me greater pleasure then interrupting countdowns.  It's my Evil Power, don't you know?

EDIT: Ok, I did some searching around the net, and I just can not find this info anywhere.  But I have Swap Magic discs for the PS2, both the CD one and the DVD one.  Is the CD one compatible with this?  Or do I need to find another route to play this?

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #65 - 10/14/08 at 22:39:26

Quote from Prince Aries on 10/14/08 at 21:52:58:
Is the CD one compatible with this?  Or do I need to find another route to play this?

If it can boot other Psx and Ps2 cd games, then it's definitively going to be compatible.

View Profile   IP Logged
biggsyke

Kaneko Fan

Reply #66 - 10/15/08 at 01:07:11

Awesome and thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #67 - 10/15/08 at 01:21:43

Quote from Gemini on 10/14/08 at 21:51:05:
Quote from biggsyke on 10/05/08 at 15:37:42:
Thank you, Brand. This was really starting to get cumbersome. Yes, we all have issues. Yes, this might be an overreaction on Gemini's part. But Tallgeese and a few others are basically deriding him over his overreaction.

You know what's fun? When they were trying to "deride" me, I was actually laughing my ass because of their reaction at the fake delay and overreaction. Man, I never got such a great time over internet drama. Grin This shit is fun as hell.

I thought it was a sort of? Pfft. Make up your mind.

It's patently obvious that what most likely happened was you decided to engage in some kind of weak meta-troll by saying "See, I trolled them by releasing it on time despite throwing multiple actual hissy fits! AREN'T I SMERT PLZ KISS MY ASS" after the fact. Mostly because any other scenario makes absolutely zero rational sense.

Aahhahahaha. What's sad is that some idiots are falling for it.

Hint: A troll does not work if you give people something with no strings attached. That's on the level of feeding someone candy then claiming you trolled them by giving them cavities.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #68 - 10/15/08 at 01:36:24

lol the classic Mav

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #69 - 10/16/08 at 13:12:09

For those of you who had any issues with the save/load menu, here goes the newest build of the patch. This should hopefully take care of the problems with that damn overlay. Sorry for the inconvenient!

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #70 - 10/17/08 at 02:06:27

This new second patch messed up my memory card. I’m playing the game on my modded PS1 PAL console. I started the game and everything was perfect. I played the game and saved it. I just wanted to take a look and play it after I finish the other RPG I’m currently playing. I checked my memory card because I wanted to delete my savestat and there was no Persona 2 I.S. savestat. But I had 3 Castlevania: SOTN save blocks (and I know that I normally have only one). What’s even more weird, the three Castlevania save blocks count as one when you want to delete them. It looks like Innocent Sin took over my Castlevania block and created additional two same looking save blocks. You can guess, I lost my Castlevania stat. However, that’s not important. It gets much worse. I deleted the Castlevania/Persona blocks and started the game again. I choose CONTINUE and my Persona savestat was still present, even it was deleted minutes before. I checked my memory card again and… three Thrill Kill save block (and it’s possible to have only one). Luckily, I have three memory cards. I copyed all my undamaged save blocks to the other memory card and deleted my Thrill Kill/Persona save blocks. It looked (only looked)that my memory card was empty now.I went experimenting. I started the game, clicked CONTINUE and the savestat was still there. I saved my game on all five blocks. Now I looked at my memory card. It was empty/full. You couldn’t see any save blocks but they were there. Which made it impossible to delete them, because they were invisible. I found that out by inserting some game and tried to save it. I got the message “Your memory card is full”.
This is not so bad in my case, because I have three memory cards. But I believe there are people with only one memory card. I hope this only happened to me.
Gemini fix this, please.

View Profile   IP Logged
Louis Cypher

Reply #71 - 10/17/08 at 02:34:18

...Somebody refresh my memory, do NTSC game saves work on a PAL memory card?

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #72 - 10/17/08 at 02:37:14

Yes, they do (because there are no PAL/NTSC memory cards). They are all the same. The only thing that may not be working is a PAL savestat with the NTSC version of the game. Or vice-versa.

View Profile   IP Logged
Radish
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #73 - 10/17/08 at 07:48:00

Sweet, thanks a ton for the effort!

I'm having a weird problem.  Using ePSXe to play.  Everything looks right except when I summon Persona in battle they look garbled.  I've fiddled around with the video settings and it doesn't seem to fix it.  Anyone else had a similar problem?  Should I try a different emulator or is there some setting that might resolve this?

Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #74 - 10/17/08 at 08:17:35

Quote from Aleph on 10/17/08 at 02:06:27:
This is not so bad in my case, because I have three memory cards. But I believe there are people with only one memory card. I hope this only happened to me.
Gemini fix this, please.

I can make a fix for you, but I need you to test it for me so that you can tell me if it works. Such an error was never mentioned during the whole beta testing. O_o Give me a few minutes and it'll be online.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #75 - 10/17/08 at 08:24:58

Alright. Would it help to burn the unpatched ISO, start the game and try to load it hoping it’s compatible with the save stats? Than I could overwrite the stats with the unpatched version of the game. The save blocks could maybe appear on the memory card.

View Profile   IP Logged
Gemini
Less Newbies

F.R.I.N.G.E. master

Reply #76 - 10/17/08 at 09:27:59

Iirc, saves with translated names freeze the Japanese game. Anyway, I think I got what the problem was (again, another error I made with the hacking script that I forgot to update...). You can try the same procedure you suggested with this build of the patch and it should fix the MC block headers. Be sure to apply it to a clean ISO.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #77 - 10/18/08 at 02:09:41

Thank you Gemini. I'll try it out today.

View Profile   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #78 - 10/20/08 at 01:21:51

I applied the patch you gave me and I got my save stats back. Everything works fine now.

View Profile   IP Logged
khell
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #79 - 10/21/08 at 03:37:31

thanks, REALLY thanks.

it loads ok in my psp, 401 m33-2, popsloader 3.72

EDIT:
it freezes in my psp >_<
in the 1st battle escene, against eikichi in the prison, after tatsuya's Persona appears and rises his hand

does anyone have the same problem while playing it in psp?

« Last Edit: 10/21/08 at 13:55:45 by khell »  
JohnKimonster
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #80 - 05/15/13 at 02:47:14

Quote from Aleph on 10/20/08 at 01:21:51:
I applied the patch you gave me and I got my save stats back. Everything works fine now.

But by now the only download link i could find is totally death.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nanv67

¿has anyone here have a copy?

Kiko_006
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #81 - 09/24/15 at 19:07:37

Quote from JohnKimonster on 05/15/13 at 02:47:14:
Quote from Aleph on 10/20/08 at 01:21:51:

But by now the only download link i could find is totally death.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nanv67

¿has anyone here have a copy?

Anyone?

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print