Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/19/24 at 11:26:48
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Why does Persona 3 suck? (Read 22168 times)
granitor

Fuse Me With A Cute
Girl, Please.

Re: Why does Persona 3 suck?
Reply #60 - 08/12/08 at 23:30:58

I don't get the Hebrew or whatever,  
but thanks for explaining what Jewish King Syndrome is.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Skuggiköttur

Konungur af
Kötturheim

Reply #61 - 08/13/08 at 03:33:06

Quote from citizen zero on 08/12/08 at 12:25:08:
Quote from 0kami7777 on 08/11/08 at 21:55:39:
^ I thought that was a Solomon reference, which would make perfect sense if we're talking negotiating with demons...

in fact, Царь Евреев is a Messiah reference...

I think Царь Евреев is Russian cyrillic for Jewish King. I can still remember some cyrillic from elementary school.

View Profile   IP Logged
SHODAN

I Wub Nodens-Wodens

Reply #62 - 08/28/08 at 16:17:41

Quote from Alizarin on 08/11/08 at 21:57:47:
Quote from aerozero on 08/04/08 at 15:02:31:
^That's because Koji thought that Kojima's art style wouldn't attract the DS audience, so he switched to the cartoony crap lawlz

So he thought that yaoi-bait wouldn't attract the DS audience? I think I like this DS audience you speak of.

That's the only problem with Kojima's artwork. She's a great artist, but ask her to draw a masculine form and she just can't seem to do it. The characters she draws are usually beautiful, but it's just more of the same. It's like Tetsuya Nomura's work...all the guys and girls look the same every game, and he adds a furry (Red 13, Moomba, Kimahri). Amano's scribbles are even worse, nearly everyone's blonde with some indistinct face.

...wait, even Kaneko's people all look the fucking same. I guess it's some sort of japanese game artist trait or something.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Sir_Asura

Failure to Comply

Reply #63 - 08/29/08 at 00:18:16

Yeah, stylization can so often just mean stagnation.  I do have to wonder though, in the case of these illustrators, how much of the consistency is their own limitation and how much of it is the result of producers choosing works that stem from previous successes.  I mean, consistency is the crowning glory of an illustrator; at the same time it can strangle him.

Personally I like Amano's work.  I agree that there is a lot of similarity between his character designs, but I find his touch a lot more provocative.  He's a far superior mood maker than other people who have led art direction in the Final Fantasies.  I think FF6, for instance, would not feel the same without Amano's work.

View Profile ErringArgonaut   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print