Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Megaten Haven the SMT Bulletin Board
05/03/24 at 13:28:32
News:
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Persona 4 (Read 57091 times)
RMarques

I Love Jack Frost!

Re: Persona 4
Reply #30 - 04/30/08 at 13:39:50

Quote from Kanzato on 04/30/08 at 10:27:16:
With a few glorious exceptions who can enjoy most/all the games for what they are without whining about them on a forum.

I'm more surprised by how people can complain on how much a game sucks/will suck, and get it anyway.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Kanzato
Less Newbies

I <3 Jack Frost!

Reply #31 - 04/30/08 at 20:25:17

Haha, that is indeed quite scary!

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #32 - 05/01/08 at 22:17:44

So um.....about the actual game at  hand. Do we know any new details about it? What's everyone's feelings about the trailer?

Kanzato
Less Newbies

I <3 Jack Frost!

Reply #33 - 05/02/08 at 01:22:05

I'm hoping this one will have more of an Eternal Punishment feel. Let's hope the game is not just P3 with new colors.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #34 - 05/02/08 at 20:18:29

Well it does feature a unique premise. Looking at the trailer, the corpse's position is reminiscent of the the position of the Hanging Man in any interpretation of the Arcanum. Maybe that means the murders are connected to the Major Arcana? Also, while the dungeons are unique, I'ved read on a translator's blog that "Tartarus" is replaced by a tv studio. So while in a sense they're supposed to be unique, I can't help but feel like it's just the same concept. (Which I loved anyway).

Also: Yay for Jiraiya!   Mickey Mouse persona+character reminiscent of Junpei = win.  

Edit- 5/2/08

Kuma's (the bear thing) persona was added to the website.

« Last Edit: 05/03/08 at 18:28:31 by Eikichi Girl »  
theanimeguy
Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #35 - 05/06/08 at 13:59:50

I have played Nocturn and P3-FES, and i have to say that Persona 3 is a fine game in my opinion, I would say that Nocturn is better overall, but Persona 3 is a great game in my opinion.

So far i like the storyline, the art is good, the persona/shadows are interesting to look at and are well designed, the music is GREAT, and overall its just a good game. I dont find the game Difficult, but i dont exactly think its easy either (maybe cuz im playin on hard mode).

But thats just my opinion.

agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #36 - 05/06/08 at 15:41:58

I think that the story of P3 is very good. It's well written, has trouble with pacing though but that was unavoidable due to the day-after-day gameplay. I also liked the characters more that in any other RPG because they were not anime cliches and had good dialogue that sounded like something actual teenagers would say.  

Overall P3 is a very unique game. I don't understand why many people hate the date-sim elements as they very softcore and simple.

I am looking forward to P4. Also does anyone know it's relation to P3? If there's any that is?

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #37 - 05/06/08 at 22:29:11

Quote from agent-fisher on 05/06/08 at 15:41:58:
I think that the story of P3 is very good. It's well written, has trouble with pacing though but that was unavoidable due to the day-after-day gameplay. I also liked the characters more that in any other RPG because they were not anime cliches and had good dialogue that sounded like something actual teenagers would say.

Overall P3 is a very unique game. I don't understand why many people hate the date-sim elements as they very softcore and simple.

I am looking forward to P4. Also does anyone know it's relation to P3? If there's any that is?  

It takes place in the same universe (two years later), hence the appearance of shadows as the main enemy. Nothing is actually know about the plot outside of the general set-up, so who knows how much crossover exists?  

So would anyone have a problem with me setting up a general FAQ page for P4? It awalys cuts down the number of repetitive questions, and we don't seem to have one.

Spider Bike

Reply #38 - 05/09/08 at 13:06:11

not anime cliches

Lol wut

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #39 - 05/09/08 at 14:35:28

I don't understand why many people hate the date-sim elements as they very softcore and simple.

I don't hate them, I hate the fact that if they're not done in an exact order that requires a GUIDE to know you can't have them all in the same game. The fact that it requires you to do things in a very linear and forced way makes it the least free-style RPG there is. On top of that, anything that "requires" a guide to beat is bad in my book, a flaw in many of the recent Megaten ultimate opt. bosses of late.

I also don't like that there's pretty much just one continuous dungeon. The places you go during the full moons are very short at the very least. They oculda' done a lot more with them...

Remove either of these elements and the game'd jump quite a few ranks for me.

Oh, but I think the thing I miss the most is the level of demon interactivity you had in Persona 2. In 2 you had to talk to demons as much as fight them for more reasons than I care to list. Even your Persona would sometimes interact with them. When I heard there was a Persona 3 being made I really looked foward to that level of ally/enemy interacting since the last few games had almost nill. Even Nocturne's was very watered down compared.

I dream of the day Vegetable Lamb turns up in a Megaten game... ;-;
Email View Profile MutheSquirrel lordclaws   IP Logged
agent-fisher
Less Newbies

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #40 - 05/09/08 at 16:34:43

Quote from Alizarin on 05/09/08 at 13:06:11:
not anime cliches

Lol wut

Less cliched that any other JRPG. (Save for Nocturne - but there's not really that much character-wise going on in there)
Quote:

you can't have them all in the same game

I think that's kinda the point.  

Although I agree about the watering down of the demon interaction (sounds very cool even though I haven't played P2)

MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #41 - 05/09/08 at 17:08:57

You CAN have them all in the same game, just not without using a guide and doing exactly the right thing on every day. But even without trying to get them all, you're very very restricted with your time.

With a little more freedom in that respect I'd be uber happy, as the actual social links don't bother me (they're actually kinda' fun).

Well... other than the fact he cheats with like, five girls. Reminds me of a GTA "hero". Plus ALL the girls are so damn shy! Even the cool and collect one (you know who I mean) ends up a shy, blushing mess by rank 10. Really, what's so wrong with strong women? =/

Louis Cypher

Reply #42 - 05/09/08 at 18:19:03

It's a Japanese desire, what do you expect? They want their women to be that way.

There's even a term for it... Yamoto something... sheninzaiu? Something.

View Profile   IP Logged
MutheSquirrel

Hanged Man

Reply #43 - 05/09/08 at 18:33:24

Quote from Tallgeese on 05/09/08 at 18:19:03:
It's a Japanese desire, what do you expect? They want their women to be that way.

There's even a term for it... Yamoto something... sheninzaiu? Something.

Very true... but still, just one strong female character would have been nice.

Eikichi Girl

I Love Jack Frost!

Reply #44 - 05/09/08 at 21:27:25

Quote from MutheSquirrel on 05/09/08 at 14:35:28:

I don't hate them, I hate the fact that if they're not done in an exact order that requires a GUIDE to know you can't have them all in the same game. The fact that it requires you to do things in a very linear and forced way makes it the least free-style RPG there is. On top of that, anything that "requires" a guide to beat is bad in my book, a flaw in many of the recent Megaten ultimate opt. bosses of late.

Oh, but I think the thing I miss the most is the level of demon interactivity you had in Persona 2. In 2 you had to talk to demons as much as fight them for more reasons than I care to list. Even your Persona would sometimes interact with them. When I heard there was a Persona 3 being made I really looked foward to that level of ally/enemy interacting since the last few games had almost nill. Even Nocturne's was very watered down compared.

I agree that a little more freedom would've been nice,but maxing all the social links in one playthrough is a purely replay kinda challenge. My first time through, I only maxed like 8. The game never expects you to beat them all. That's like the equivalent of trying to get every pokemon in one game.  As far as the demon contacts, it's a nice feature, but by making it a bit of an exclusive to the main SMT titles, it also in turn makes the Persona series a little different.  

Also: Yukiko has a new video under her section, and I believe the keyword section has been updated today as well. Yukiko's update is interesting because she seems to be acting as a host to the Midnight Television we've heard so much about. On top of that, she runs into area where Shadows are likely to appear. Which makes me wonder...

Do the victims realize that they're in danger?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print